More MLB

Jaxom 1974

And hats off to the Phillies. 10,000 franchise losses. You are the wind benethe the wings of Cubs fans everywhere. :P

The interesting aspect of this stat is that the only franchise even close to 10,000 losses is the Arizona Cardinals, particularly remarkable considering they play a 16 game schedule.

The interesting aspect of this stat is that the only franchise even close to 10,000 losses is the Arizona Cardinals, particularly remarkable considering they play a 16 game schedule.

Nah. The Chicago Blackhawks are in the wheelhouse...something like 2400 losses... :P

We will have to figure out who is going the other way before I truly bash this trade for Jason Kendall. But to get a running start, Kendall sucks. If this is the only move we make Hendry totally fucked up. Kendall was good but isnt anymore. G Soto, given 200 at bats would dwarf Kendalls numbers.

This wasnt the move we needed to make.

This wasnt the move we needed to make.

Re: Kendall. On the bright side, now you have a player that looks like he sleeps under an overpass every night. That's got to count for something right?

Re: Current game. The Cubbies need to get a move on here. While I was loving Lincecum's performance against what seems to be a pretty damn good line up, I won't be able to take extra innings of the suck that is the Giants O.

Edit: Or Soriano could totally hook us up. :lol: That works too.

Re: Kendall. On the bright side, now you have a player that looks like he sleeps under an overpass every night. That's got to count for something right?

I guess I'll settle for that, you know, instead of a talented baseball player that can help us win.

Did anybody just catch ESPN making fun of the fat groundskeep kid? Thats totally uncalled for.

ETA: Cubs Win!!! Great Win!!!

SFG is totally chickenshit for not pinch hitting Bonds.

I guess I'll settle for that, you know, instead of a talented baseball player that can help us win.

His career stats aren't that bad. Frankly, at Catcher, we're no worse with Kendall than we were with Bowen/Hill. It's a wash to my mind. And if Kendall finds his swing again...

As to tonight. 1 out to go. What a game!

It was. But I have to admit I chuckled at first.

Kid was out there running his ass off. It was humorous, but still not worth airing, and certainly not worth airing for that 25 second close up. That chubby kid got more camera time then Daryll Ward has all year.

Re: Kendall,

Well, we didnt give up much, so I wont bitch much. I hope he finds his swing and gives us a .340+ OBP. If he does that he is a definite upgrade. That said Soto is free, and probably a better defender, Kendall is getting paid 3.5mil the rest of the way in. I think this lessens the likelyhood that we make a substantial move before Aug 1.

I truly believe that this is a serious WS contender. If we added a bat, maybe a lefty bad with power, Griffey Jr., we get into the playoffs no question.

This lineup:

1. Soriano LF

2. Theriot/Derosa SS

3. D Lee 1B

4. Griffey RF

5. Aram 3B

6. Fonteno/Derosa 2B

7. Pagan/Jones CF

8. Kendall/Hill C

Playoff 3 Man

1. Big Z

2. Lilly

3. Marquis

As needed: Rich Hill

Is better then anything else in the NL. Mets included.

VORP is Value Over Replacement Player, and PECOTA is I think near Iowa.

Player Empirical Comparison and Optimization Test, or another words:

"Here is what our computer thinks is going to happen." -Baseball Prospectus

Playoff 3 Man

1. Big Z

2. Lilly

3. Marquis

As needed: Rich Hill

Oh I admire your fortitude, but I can't go that far yet. Please tell me who you're sending to Cincinnati for Griffey Jr.? (Mind you, I wouldn't mind him coming over...) because I don't see it happening other than in my dreams.

As to your proposed playoff rotation, you underscore the need for another arm in that rotation. (Dontrelle?) That you don't think enough of Marshall to put him in there and think Hill has to be the swing guy? Marquis as #3? Only if the temperature drops 25 degrees on average between now and October so he gets his early season groove back.

Re: Kendall. Give it a chance, Cal. We gave Zero to get him. The minor leaguer? Who was it again? Someone Billy Beane's numbers say will be lights out in 6 years? Okay.

Oh I admire your fortitude, but I can't go that far yet. Please tell me who you're sending to Cincinnati for Griffey Jr.? (Mind you, I wouldn't mind him coming over...) because I don't see it happening other than in my dreams.

As to your proposed playoff rotation, you underscore the need for another arm in that rotation. (Dontrelle?) That you don't think enough of Marshall to put him in there and think Hill has to be the swing guy? Marquis as #3? Only if the temperature drops 25 degrees on average between now and October so he gets his early season groove back.

Im giving the Reds Cedeno or Murton and Marshall, and another high level pitching prospect. Thats why Marshall isnt figuring into my playoff plans. The Reds would be stupid not to take that deal.

Re: Kendall. Give it a chance, Cal. We gave Zero to get him. The minor leaguer? Who was it again? Someone Billy Beane's numbers say will be lights out in 6 years? Okay.

He has his chance, bear in mind that when I began blasting the trade MLB.com was reporting we traded Marshall for him. Im starting to come around on the Kendall deal, his numbers show a very patient hitter. Also this gives the Cubs a chance to buy low for a change.

Cedeno, Marshall and another pitching prospect for Griffey? And what are you doing about all of that salary? And you don't have a fifth starter, unless you expect a Wade Miller resurgance, ready to go right now who could be a servicable fifth.

I can't decide if I want another arm or another bat at this point...

Archived