NY/NJ Meetup?

naz

Sounds like you guys will have a great time. I'll be in Jersey on Sunday, but in the southern part of the state. Hopefully there will be a next time I can get to. I get up that way a few times a year and could plan a North Jersey family & BWB visit in conjunction with one of my AC trips. :)

I've sent out PM's with my cell number to all the definites and probables (and even you, Quoth... try to make it, dude... if you can). If you haven't gotten one from me, send me a PM to let me know.

I know that weekends means ppl on the board visit less, but just check in with this thread a couple times a day just in case something comes up and I can't reach you by cell. Especially check it on Sunday morning.

As far as bringing stuff, so far we're pretty good with food and drink, I think. We can always get more when we get there. We may be lacking in actual "stuff to do", but again, we can play it by ear, I guess. Hell, it doesn't have to be summer camp, right? I'm fine with just chillin' and eatin'.

Let me know if anyone needs more help in getting there. See you guys on Sunday.

Esgred just notified me of this shindig, so I may have to swing by. I'm in South Jersey. I'm glad to hear about the vegetarian food. I don't know what to bring though.

Well, bring yourself and that'll be good enough, but if you feel like contributing booze, food, games, or things like chairs/grills/etc. than by all means, go for it. Hope to see you there.

Btw, is Esgred coming? Because I haven't received a firm yes or no yet.

Well, bring yourself and that'll be good enough, but if you feel like contributing booze, food, games, or things like chairs/grills/etc. than by all means, go for it. Hope to see you there.

Btw, is Esgred coming? Because I haven't received a firm yes or no yet.

Yeah, she's coming. The last thing she said to me was, "See you Sunday."

I don't feel like cooking so I may bring booze. Oh, and what's plan B if it rains?

Update

Weather: Right now, they're saying 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms later in the afternoon. We'll probably be good to go midday during the eatin', but we may or may not get rain later. Usually when they say isolated t-storms, even if it does rain, it's usually for a short while. I think we should go ahead as planned, since around noon-ish, it doesn't look like rain. If it IS raining hard and relentless around the time we're supposed to meet, let's say we meet up at the Hoboken train station and decide what to do at that point. Hell, worst comes to worst we can always drive over to my place and play Xbox. :) In any case, I have most of your phone numbers. If I don't, you can still PM them to me.

Who's bringing what:

bellis: potato salad, snacks

dvd rots: bagels, ice and a car to haul stuff in

turinqui-calima: snacks (swedish? we'll see!), beverages and/or non-gin booze

lany: burgers, hot dogs, buns, rolls, taco dip, chips, and/or brownies (!)

wynter: booze

the x's: sides and nibblins

ser knight somerville: watermelon and soda

nazfyratu: veggie burgers, buns, grill, charcoal, beverages, coolers, plates, cups, utensils, chairs, tablecloth...

I guess that's it. Let's hope for good weather. If you can, check back here for a morning weather update. See you guys tomorrow!

Well, it looks even more like rain than it did last night, but they're still throwing around words like "isolated" and "scattered" thunderstorms, which means it could rain for short periods or not at all.

Since it's so hard to say how it'll really be, let's just go ahead with it and adjust accordingly. Is everyone ok with that?

Cloudy and a few drops falling... not boding well. I'm starting to think about indoor plans... Any suggestions?

I checked the aviation forecast for the area at www.duats.com and it does say that showers will be scattered. Perhaps we should meet as planned at the picnic area and decide from there. I'm about to depart. Here's the duats forecast:

New Jersey ... 1,500 feet scattered, 10,000 feet broken. Tops flight level

200. Isolated light rain showers / thunderstorms with rainshowers.

Cumulonimbus tops flight level 350. 11am EDT (15Z) 5,000 feet scattered,

10,000 feet scattered. 1pm EDT (17Z) 6,000 feet scattered, 10,000 feet

scattered to broken. Tops flight level 200. Widely scattered

thunderstorms with rainshowers. Cumulonimbus tops flight level 400.

Outlook: VFR.

Terminal Forecasts

Newark NJ (Newark Liberty Intl) [KEWR] terminal forecast

issued on the 26th at 7:32am EDT (1132Z), valid from the 26th at 8am EDT (12Z) through 8am EDT (12Z)

8am EDT (12Z) wind 030° at 5 knots, visibility greater than 6 miles, 13,000 feet broken, 20,000 feet overcast

10:00am EDT (1400Z) wind 300° at 8 knots, visibility greater than 6 miles, 6,000 feet scattered, 10,000 feet broken

1:00pm EDT (1700Z) wind 320° at 10 knots, visibility greater than 6 miles, scattered cumulonimbus at 6,000 feet, 15,000 feet broken

7:00pm EDT (2300Z) wind 350° at 8 knots, visibility greater than 6 miles, 10,000 feet scattered, 20,000 feet broken

2:00am EDT (0600Z) wind 010° at 5 knots, visibility greater than 6 miles, 15,000 feet scattered.

SKS, I was gonna write that you rock, meterologically speaking, but I realized I'd see you before you read this. So uh... I'll tell you that you rock when I see you. :)

SKS, I was gonna write that you rock, meterologically speaking, but I realized I'd see you before you read this. So uh... I'll tell you that you rock when I see you. :)

Dang it - I didn't think that Ken was coming! :( It looks like I'm not going to be there and Christie (Wynter) will.

It's just too cloudy and humid for my taste. I read that it's a 40% chance of rain in Jersey City between 1 and 4 p.m., but that's not really what's keeping me away (clouds and high humidity are). If this was at a closer venue, then I'd probably check it out.

`Sorry!

Archived