Amusing game review site

Werthead

Haven't watched the most recent one yet, but this guy is absolutely hilarious. I first discovered him after I finished Bioshock and was surfing around just looking for stuff I might have missed playing though...found his review and was hooked. Seriously some of the most funny stuff I have seen in ages.

I feel sad for myself for being this socially unemployed, but he has a new one on, this one is about "unchartered: drake's fortune". And I had to look at my closed tabs to remember what the title was. Still, it's reasonably funny and it gets bonus points for showing us how Yahtzee really looks like. And that the guy really does speak that fast.

now, if that didn't peek your curiosity, you're just weird. Or have better things to do. Probably both.

Weirdo.

Sad King Billy beats me to to the post again. I feel sad :(

Good review of a game I've never heard of and have zero interest in playing. Funny to see Yahtzee in the flesh, so to speak.

Sad King Billy beats me to to the post again. I feel sad :(

Good review of a game I've never heard of and have zero interest in playing. Funny to see Yahtzee in the flesh, so to speak.

It's the big PS3 game. The first PS3 exclusive title that was being touted as a must-have.

While I do think the guy is hilarious, he tends to uinfairly rag on good games, leaving me wondering whether why he plays video games if everything about them bugs him.

Uncharted is the latest casualty, a really good game, true enough it isn't groundbreaking, but it works really well at what it does, and that is as a throwback to old adventure movies. Yahtzee kinda makes that seem inherently a bad thing, but I thought it was funny and the game showed a nice sense of humour in not taking itself too seriously.

It's the big PS3 game. The first PS3 exclusive title that was being touted as a must-have.

I thought that was still either FF13 or GT5, both of which are still aeons away?

Otherwise I'm going to call it that the game that shifts more PS3s than anything else to date will be GTA4. Even though the 360 gets it at the same time, I think the PS-GTA link from the past will serve it well and get the console shifting more copies. Although I'll still wait for the PC version.

I thought that was still either FF13 or GT5, both of which are still aeons away?

Otherwise I'm going to call it that the game that shifts more PS3s than anything else to date will be GTA4. Even though the 360 gets it at the same time, I think the PS-GTA link from the past will serve it well and get the console shifting more copies. Although I'll still wait for the PC version.

I'm going with MGS4 as the PS3 seller.

I can't help feeling sorry for The Escapist. They did sign him up, but I don't think a lot of people stay for the rest of the content. I don't.

It was a reasonably well done touch with the video sequence, but I'm starting to think he's running out of the steam. First the painful Painkiller sketch, then the TF2 thing, now this. It may be to prevent the review stuff from growing old, but it is not very broken yet and this attempt to fix it made it seem like his internet superstar status may have got to his head.

While I do think the guy is hilarious, he tends to uinfairly rag on good games, leaving me wondering whether why he plays video games if everything about them bugs him.

Uncharted is the latest casualty, a really good game, true enough it isn't groundbreaking, but it works really well at what it does, and that is as a throwback to old adventure movies. Yahtzee kinda makes that seem inherently a bad thing, but I thought it was funny and the game showed a nice sense of humour in not taking itself too seriously.

I don't really think the game was criticized too harshly or even heavily. Nothing in the review struck me as worded strongly enough to make it sound like a negative review and I don't think it would have dissuaded me from trying the game, if I owned a gaming console. There are no perfect games and honestly pointing out the few flaws it seemed to have may even be better advertising than a 9.0 Gamespot score would.

That's interesting, as for the first time I did visit The Escapist for something other than Yahtzee, and that was for their (sadly very brief and not telling us anything we didn't already know) article on Beyond the Red Line. It seems a somewhat dry site, Yahtzee aside, with such gripping topics as musings on how it would be great if Apple got into making gaming Macs, but hey, no great shakes if they don't. Riveting.

I didn't think this particular review was that unfair. The ones that annoy me are when Yahtzee mentions that he didn't even bother to finish the game. Like his review of The Witcher. It sounds like he played that game for about 30 minutes to an hour, and then just gave up. Which is fine...but to then do a review afterwards? The game would have to be pretty damn unplayable (see: Hour of Victory) for that to be justified, and The Witcher was nothing of the sort.

He did go on and on about the racism in this one, though. I really don't see what effect that has on the gameplay, especially if you're supposed to be shutting your brain off for the story anyway.

There are a few things in the world for which there is no acceptable criticism whatsoever. Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, The Princess Bride, Band of Brothers, America invading Afghanistan, blowjobs, and now I'll add Yahtzee's video game reviews to the list. So...shove it. :)

He did go on and on about the racism in this one, though. I really don't see what effect that has on the gameplay, especially if you're supposed to be shutting your brain off for the story anyway.

You don't think it's within the parameters of his remit as a reviewer?

Any magazine would do the same, if they felt a game had racist overtones and personally, I would expect no less of them.

He talks about how pretty the water and wet shirt effects are for instance. That's got nothing to do with the gameplay, but it's in there.

The racist overtones are part of the game (as he sees it - I haven't played the game, so I have no idea if this is the case), so it's fair game for a review.

I'm honestly surprised that someone would feel differently.

The racist overtones are part of the game (as he sees it - I haven't played the game, so I have no idea if this is the case), so it's fair game for a review.

I'm honestly surprised that someone would feel differently.

I don't have a problem with the fact that he included it. He just dragged the joke on and on, like he didn't really have enough other material to use.

Apparently, fast talking guys with accents using imagery to stress the important point of the paragraph has become the next big thing and has made it to corporate advertising.

EA Battlefield Heroes trailer - 00:40 and onwards. Not very funny (and not made by Yahtzee), but daring, especially for EA. Also, the game looks like it might even be fun for about 10 minutes.

Quite an interesting effect.

Archived