Amusing game review site

Werthead

New review up, it's Devil May Cry 4, and he's got some serious issues with it. I mean he really rips into it, harsh. I've never played a Devil May Cry game, and I gotta say, I don't regret it.

After a couple of weeks on not-fantastic form, Yahtzee's back to his best. Obviously it's the games he really hates that get the best reaction out of him.

Dammit! The video cuts out halfway through and switches to some stupid commercial. It did the exact same thing to me with the Resident Evil review, and I really can't figure out why.

It worked fine for me. Check to see if you have any ad-ware on your computer.

hehe yeah, back on form.

Though I have to say, I'm playing DMC4 right now... and I love it.

It's really, really fun. The combat is great fun, building up combos and the game is so over-the-top it's hilarious. It's really not a game to take seriously in any way whatsoever (except for building up your style gauge, that is :P)

Also, my other giant sword is a motorcycle.

Worked just fine on my computer at home, thankfully. It must just be all the redundant firewalls and filters on my laptop at work.

Good review, though. I totally agree with all of his criticisms, especially that ridiculous dice-rolling game. However...

Though I have to say, I'm playing DMC4 right now... and I love it.

It's really, really fun. The combat is great fun, building up combos and the game is so over-the-top it's hilarious. It's really not a game to take seriously in any way whatsoever (except for building up your style gauge, that is :P)

I also agree with this. DMC4 is tons of fun, even when they make you backtrack through the same areas (it's a lot quicker the second time around, fortunately). Not only is the combat great when you don't take it seriously, but the storyline is a blast. If you thought the other games were as campy as it gets, think again. This one kicks it up a notch, and the result is absolutely f-ing hilarious. Particularly so when you start playing as Dante.

I also agree with this. DMC4 is tons of fun, even when they make you backtrack through the same areas (it's a lot quicker the second time around, fortunately). Not only is the combat great when you don't take it seriously, but the storyline is a blast. If you thought the other games were as campy as it gets, think again. This one kicks it up a notch, and the result is absolutely f-ing hilarious. Particularly so when you start playing as Dante.

I was playing missions 12-17 last night, unlocking new weapons for Dante, and you are not wrong.

In particular the cutscenes either side of the showdown with Agnus in the Opera house are hilarously cheesy and completely over-the-top.

I'm not sure it beats the cutscene in DMC3 where he runs off the side of the tower, chucks his sword after Virgil, then runs down the wall, catching up with his falling brother and repeatedly stabbing him with his sword, while he's falling.

Or something like that.

In particular the cutscenes either side of the showdown with Agnus in the Opera house are hilarously cheesy and completely over-the-top.

QFT. I also loved the aftermath of his fight with Berial, where the innuendo was so blatant as to be disturbing. :P

EDIT: Having a weapon that transforms into a giant laser cannon is also ridiculously awesome.

Well its a little after 12pm EST, and we know what that means, a new review is up. This time its broadly Turok, but really its an indictment of most new FPS games.

This one is not so much funny as it is a rant with several good points about FPS, however since he's already made most of these points over the course of several reviews, its more of a rehash. And therefore not his best, but do you really have something better to do for 3 and a half minutes then watch it?

Haha, every week I see this thread with a new post and it reminds why I should be excited on a Wednesday. I don't know why I can never remember, but thank you for reminding me every time. Gotta love No Punctuation!

Archived