AGOT Mafia 46.5

Mexal

I've been at work..umm, my thoughts are pretty clear. I want Norcross lynched. Sunglass summarized my feelings on Sarsfield. Suspcious behavior, but not my top suspect.

I wish I had more to add, but nothing new has really happened. If we can't get some posts going, can we just lynch someone?!?

His early interactions with Ambrose don't look that great--he lays an alphabetical vote on him but then says he (Sarsfield) buys his (Ambrose's) case on me because of the sunglasses.

As much as I find a healthy paranoia a good thing, dude, what? It was an opening vote on someone that had yet to post. An FM could've done it, true. So could an innocent. As for agreeing with Ambrose, I found the case on sunglasses amusing. To say I bought into it wouldn't be accurate in that I didn't actually think you were guilty because of it (you had yet to even post at that point). Apparently, we're not allowed to make jokes in mafia anymore? Not even in the first ten posts of Day 1? These are sad days, my friends, sad days.

Interestingly though, he says that Lake is overeager in twisting Prester's words (this was obviously after Lake's big case), but doesn't mention anything about Upcliff or Ambrose, who were both also persuing Prester.

Lake was being rude, imo. His manner (or enthusiasm, really) was all childish gloating, and I can't say I liked it. My intention was to criticize his playstyle, not his thoughts on the game. He's welcome to suspect whomever he wants for whatever reason he wants, after all. On the other hand, Upcliff and Ambrose were being perfectly civil.

Meanwhile, of course, Sars keeps quasi-defending Prester, which is really odd. Again, why keep knocking down reasons he could be innocent and giving reasons he could be evil if you think he's innocent?

I was mostly questioning the analysis behind the cases made against Prester, and why they skipped what I thought of as major points. I feared Day 1 distancing between FMs. True, I thought Prester was more likely innocent than guilty given his play at that point in the game, but my opinion's hardly set into stone so early. After all, the guilty-o-meter is an ever-changing, fluid thing. I don't make a habit of finding a target and stick to them come hell or high water.

<snip>Sars is basically making Upcliff's arguement for him (before the CF result is known, obviously).

tl;dr ...Okay, I did read it, didn't understand it though.

At this point, yeah, it definitely feels like he wants to be on the Ambrose lynch if it's gonna happen, but doesn't really want the lynch to happen.

If I didn't want the lynch to happen, I would've said in the morning that I thought about it and decided the Prester lynch was worth more info. At this point, it was fairly even between Prester and Ambrose. Why wouldn't I switch? Sure, it'd look bad, but losing an FM on Day 1 isn't exactly great for Team FM either. In fact, it doesn't just look bad for Team FM, is is bad.

Think about it. There are 3 FMs. Would both of them really leave Ambrose out to hang? With me and Upcliff both early on the train, then... that's just stupid. Distancing is one thing, but you generally don't actually try to pressure your partner so much that they're actually lynched. I suppose there's a chance that Ambrose said something asinine in the sooper seekrit FM forums, and that pissed us off so we decided to give him the boot. ...That'd be pretty funny actually. We could call it "Mafia 46.5: How To NOT Play An FM."

He doesn't do much during Day Two until the very end, during the mad scramble for a lynch.

Oh, yeah. I've been meaning to apologize about that, but it escaped my mind after the lynchfest and all. Sorry about that. I got distracted by RL for a day and a half.

Sarsfield is gone for the Upcliff lynch.

I don't have internet access beyond 10:30PM EST. Nothing I can do about it, unfortunately. Since I've got time to read and post in the afternoon and evenings, I've never considered this an issue. If this is really a part of the case, then I think I may as well just go on an extended mafia hiatus after this game.

I also don't really like his current suspect list--Inchfield and Uller. Both those names are snagged from Upcliff's Lynch List...and he' still doing that annoying "I think Hasty's innocent, but there exists the possibility that's he's evil because..." thing.

With Upcliff as an FM, Hasty is innocent. Sure, I said that WJ and Hasty could've gone on an extended distancing ploy. That was a joke. Apparently a bad one. We normally call that sarcasm, but either I failed at it or you missed it or both. Doesn't matter. Hasty is CI. Sunglass is CI. In my book, I am CI. The only people left in the suspect pool are Inchfield, Uller, Elesham, and Norcross. I've said before that I think one of the FMs was not on the Ambrose lynch. Therefore, Inchfield and Uller.

His defense of Norcross ("too obvious!") also seems to apply to himself...and I'm starting to wonder if he's wanting to keep Nocross around to take the fall later.

I'm flattered that you'd think I have the guile for that, but trust me, I don't.

My point is that you're glossing over a VERY important event in this game because you're choosing to focus on me.

Is there anything you'd like to say about it in particular? The innocents were in a mad rush to lynch someone, anyone, to take advantage of the CF. The FMs were doing the same, because any innocent lynch is a good lynch for them. It's hard to get anything conclusive out of lynchfests like those.

I care, because you're painting my vote of Sunglass in a light that suits YOU and your preconcieved notion, while ignoring the possibility that my valid concerns are what lead to the vote.

Put yourself in the mentality of an FM. You want to put down a vote. You have two options: you can put down a vote with valid reasoning, OR you could put down a vote without valid reasoning. WWWJD? The innocents do not have a monopoly on validity.

So you're thinking he staged an exit

No. He clearly wanted out. I just don't think he left his partner completely stranded. That'd be mean. :(

My point, my dear, is that it wasn't a "slappy" type vote. It was the conclusion of careful analysis.

...So we're arguing semantics? Okay. How about you pretend I said "put down a fourth vote" instead of "slapped on a fourth vote"? That better? :rolleyes:

Even though, yes there is cause to be suspicious of me, your case is pretty speculative and not very strong. You picked the suspect first based on vibes, and over the last four days, made the case second. That's a pretty narrow view, whereas I think my view of the big picture lead down the right road to take on THIS day.

Your thoughts are interesting, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Regardless, I'm satisfied with your defense for now. If you feel the game's getting a bit silent, and I'd agree with you there, I'll be plenty content to serve up Norcross as the lynch of the day. Don't no one go laying down the final vote on him before he comes back though. I wouldn't be happy if that happened.

Is there anything you'd like to say about it in particular? The innocents were in a mad rush to lynch someone, anyone, to take advantage of the CF. The FMs were doing the same, because any innocent lynch is a good lynch for them. It's hard to get anything conclusive out of lynchfests like those.

Just what I said before...that the circumstances of the lynch, coupled with the rest of the game, point towards Upcliff being Norcross' partner :)

Put yourself in the mentality of an FM. You want to put down a vote. You have two options: you can put down a vote with valid reasoning, OR you could put down a vote without valid reasoning. WWWJD? The innocents do not have a monopoly on validity.

Nope, but if I were an FM I would be searching for plausible reason to lynch an innocent, not valid reasons to point me towards a suspect.

No. He clearly wanted out. I just don't think he left his partner completely stranded. That'd be mean. :(

It's possible that his partner (NORCROSS!!!11exclamation!1) who said he was sick, just wasn't going to be around, and Upcliff was the one stranded and caught!

...So we're arguing semantics? Okay. How about you pretend I said "put down a fourth vote" instead of "slapped on a fourth vote"? That better? :rolleyes:

Yes, pretend-land has made me a very happy camper.

Regardless, I'm satisfied with your defense for now. If you feel the game's getting a bit silent, and I'd agree with you there, I'll be plenty content to serve up Norcross as the lynch of the day. Don't no one go laying down the final vote on him before he comes back though. I wouldn't be happy if that happened.

I still think you picked me to make a case on just to prove you could, or see me squirm! But yeah, I'd prefer a lynch sometime this eon.

I still think you picked me to make a case on just to prove you could, or see me squirm! But yeah, I'd prefer a lynch sometime this eon.

Don't suppose you want to play a few rounds of competitive tic-tac-toe while we wait for everyone else to show up?

This is what I have decided to do. I am going to lay my vote on Elesham while waiting for you guys to finish me off. Please do it quickly. I don't think I could say or do anything to save my butt anyway. (Well, I could claim healer I guess, or guard. Role claims saved others -- no that is NOT a role claim -- Unfortunately for me I am RI.)

Then when tomorrow rolls around, please keep Hasty and Elesham in mind.

I know I haven't played a very good game; the frustrating part is that I really did try. Oh well, next time I'll be better.

Inchy:

It's possible that his partner (NORCROSS!!!11exclamation!1) who said he was sick, just wasn't going to be around, and Upcliff was the one stranded and caught!

If I just wasn't going to be around, I would have told the Mods. I was/AM sick. I may be a poor player, but I have integrity.

Don't suppose you want to play a few rounds of competitive tic-tac-toe while we wait for everyone else to show up?

If only tic-tac-toe were ever competitive! It's decided in 3 moves every time.

Inchy:

If I just wasn't going to be around, I would have told the Mods. I was/AM sick. I may be a poor player, but I have integrity.

Huh? That's not what I meant. I was just saying that since you were sick and not around at that time, I wouldn't go so far to say his claim had much bearing on your innocence or guilt.

If only tic-tac-toe were ever competitive! It's decided in 3 moves every time.

Best out of 99 games, what say you?

Fair enough. I just don't want people thinking that I was faking sick.

I dunno about everyone else, but I never doubted you on that.

"And so our days in the Safari ended with the death of Norcross. We managed to kill all the hunters and lived happily ever after. The end."

Blue just looked at Mexal. What an anticlimactic ending. Mexal was a good story teller but the guy just didn't know how to finish.

So Blue, completely turned off, got up and walked out of the restaurant, never to see Mexal again.

House Norcross was lynched.

SPOILER: He was...
West and EVIL

Innocents win!

Archived