WoW - more cotninuation

TerraPrime

I don't know enough about shadow priests to know if there are particular bits of gear you should be hunting for, aside from, if you're a tailor, Frozen Shadoweave. Ignore spellcrit. Get spell hit until you reach the cap (and I don't know what that value is, either). Demand Salvation from paladins. And we're done with what I know. Once you're 70, you're going to want to work to revered with the Sha'tar for the head enchant, and with Honor Hold to enchant your healing helm (pretty much no reason not to have a healing set, even if you rarely use it).

BlueRose, while I don't know if there's anyone like this in your guild... see if there's someone with no job, no life, etc, who therefore has so much badge inflow he can't spend it all. I honestly can't afford to spend badges on anything but gear, but one of my guildmates (two, at least, actually) are totally done with badge loot on one character each, and they're willing to buy vortices or (once the vendor is up) gems for other people as they get enough badges. He hooked me up with one vortex for now; either he'll be able to buy another for me sometime next week or I'll sink the 250g in for my first alchemist stone, and hold off on making the healing stone for a while.

Decapitator is just too much fun, I think. Not only is it my dps mainhand, but it's my pulling tool. Better range than my gun even. I've been known to delay pulls so I can throw it.

there are infact 2 people in my guild like that. I'll ask them next time I need a vortex, good idea! I bought 2 for my DPS red belt of battle a few weeks ago, but next time I'll ask first.

[quote name='PhelanArcetus' post='1329763' date='Apr 25 2008, 12.53']Decapitator is just too much fun, I think. Not only is it my dps mainhand, but it's my pulling tool. Better range than my gun even. I've been known to delay pulls so I can throw it.[/quote]
that's hilarious, I'm gonna pull with it now too. I was throwing it at the Prince during enfeeble last night.

I know nothing about Shadow priests, as mine is lvl 11 and my guild doesnt have one.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1329769' date='Apr 25 2008, 16.00']that's hilarious, I'm gonna pull with it now too. I was throwing it at the Prince during enfeeble last night.[/quote]

I made a macro to switch to the axe if I had my regular tanking weapon, and if I had the axe up, throw it and switch back. Works very nicely... except when I forget that I don't have the Decapitator equipped, or I try to throw it when out of range or on cooldown. Then suddenly the mob I meant to pick up with it is running around and I'm wondering why it's not coming to me.

[quote name='Mister Manticore' post='1329801' date='Apr 25 2008, 16.28']76 unless you're a Draenai, when it's 64.

Gear-wise, there's Shadowpriest.com for knowing everything worth getting.[/quote]

Thanks for the help. I've been to shadowpriest.com before. Looking through the lists again.

Hey guys,

I used to play WoW, had a 60 mage back in the day (and I really mean back in the day). I stopped playing a little before Naxx came out. Here's some things I still have that I thought might interest you:

Super WSG spot:
[url="http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/WithEverythingOnIt/spot2.jpg"]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/Wit...gOnIt/spot2.jpg[/url]
[url="http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/WithEverythingOnIt/spot1.jpg"]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/Wit...gOnIt/spot1.jpg[/url]

My guild takes down Ony!
[url="http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/WithEverythingOnIt/weoi.jpg"]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/Wit...ngOnIt/weoi.jpg[/url]

Putting the Horde in their place:
[url="http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/gogarona/ready.jpg"]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/gogarona/ready.jpg[/url]
[url="http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/gogarona/summons.jpg"]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/gogarona/summons.jpg[/url]
[url="http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/gogarona/thrall.jpg"]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/gogarona/thrall.jpg[/url]
[url="http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/gogarona/cairne.jpg"]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/gogarona/cairne.jpg[/url]

Hope you enjoy!

Well, that was a productive as hell weekend.

Friday, full clear Karazhan on my rogue, picked up Aran's cloak. Another run should buy me the badge belt as well.

Saturday, worthless drops in Terrace, aside from when I briefly filled in on Delrissa with my rogue while, honest to god, the 5th member of a group went out to buy more rum. I picked up a thrown weapon I don't much want... but that a friend has been farming for. So now I can spam link it to him. More importantly I got my warrior exalted, so I picked up the shield to replace Impenetrable Darkness in my block value set and the hit/expertise neck for my threat set, as I'd never gotten around to buying the badge one.

Sunday, another terrace yielded our shadow priest the Fel Tinged Mantle finally, and me a Quickening Blade of the Prince. Followed up with a Slave Pens since it was the daily, and then burning our ethereum prison keys; two of us, both exalted with Consortium, and both tanks, got a mark of the nexus king. So now, after a partial run, we'll have two tanks who can summon Yor. And 5 more badges each.

Edit: Almost forgot. Saturday also saw 12 arena matches, where we went 8-4, far better than normal. That means tomorrow sees a season 3 chest for my paladin.

Saturday I took my druid to Kara for the second time. We cleared through Opera (we drew Oz, again) with no issues. For some reasons, we had some problems with the Curator. The DPS peoplel just weren't concentrating hard enough on the adds. We wiped twice and got it on the third time. We had to skip Nightbane, which sucks since he has the beset healing staff for me, and then we ran up to Aran. We had two tries and both failed. Both times, people moved during Flamewreath. First time it was a warlock new to Kara. Second was, hmmm... me. I was trying to heal someone and they were hidden in an alcove so I was focusing on getting LoS, and so... yeah... sucks. :P At that point several people had to go and so the raid ended. The drops were absolutely bollocks though. I think we sharded all but one drop, and that was for someone's offspec.

Sunday I was hoping we can continue, but not enough people showed up. Instead I managed to convince 3 others to come help me farm my Idol. We got it on the 4th run. So now, I finally got my fecking Idol. Woot! In the mean time I also get Revered with the Lower City and got my Prayer Book. Awesome. I then switched to my hunter and the enh shammy switched to his holy pally, and we 4-man'd the rest of the instance for the pally's quest.

After that, I went to grind some primal airs for the Nethercobra leg kit, and ran into some really obnoxious primal farmers. What a group of pricks. There were 3 of us farming Air Elementals and they were all grabbed as soon as they spawned.

Just when I was about to give up on the annoying farming thing someone asked me to go do the heroic daily. We breezed through Mech with just the mage dying a couple of times. For a PUG, that's one of the better ones.

My guild had a meeting on Friday, and the outcome was that we are quitting Kara. Well, sort of. The "core raiders" are graduating from Kara and doing ZA instead, and the alts are incoming to Kara, but we are taking May off. My guild has a bad habit of really rewarding the people with many alts instead of the ones that work hard on a single toon.
I got asked to MT the alt Kara, but I'm not sure I have the patience. Maybe I will in a month, I'm not sure.

I looked for you all weekend Phelan, if you need a tank and a destruction warlock for Kara, please let me know! the lock doesnt need anything and all I need is my T4 helm. We just want the badges and I know your team is much faster than mine could ever hope to be.

I went 6-6 in arena, we lost 6 in a row and then won the last six. I also did all 25 dailies for the first time ever.

I'm pretty much never on Saturday/Sunday nighttime; hanging out with friends the former, and playing D&D the latter. That's probably why you didn't see me.

I'll keep you in mind definitely, and I'll tell a couple of other people to do so; I'd say there's a good chance we'll do a Kara either Wed or Thurs this week, and we generally mix overgeared mains who just want badges or one or two drops, and people who are pretty much Kara noobs that we're trying to gear up. Hopefully there'll be a slot for you to tank these at least occasionally; one warrior in our guild is now getting tanking gear advice, and we'd have to prioritize him as offtank, assuming he's taken the advice in time. He... didn't know he could redo the gems he put in items. And has been running around trying to tank well below crit-immune.

Were they considering you the OT in ZA, or just an alt-Kara MT?

The guild we were doing Gruul with is... well, I don't quite know. I need to ask my guild leader to explain their drama to me. We did pick up their best mage, though.

[quote name='PhelanArcetus' post='1332309' date='Apr 28 2008, 11.38']Were they considering you the OT in ZA, or just an alt-Kara MT?[/quote]

Oh I'm sure I'll OT in ZA, my guild has exactly 2 tanks. there's a green druid who wants to tank but it'll be a long while before he makes it to ZA.

I'll do whatever in Kara, MT, OT, pretend to DPS if you just need a body. Actually, I'm willing to respec, I have pretty good epic DPS gear and I can hit the arena while I'm DPS as well.

ETA: I'm not around Thursdays in May, and I also know your guild's guys get first priority. I'm just after badges and happy to learn some tricks from another group

Grats on the idol TP. :)

I don't know what is up with the moving in flame wreath thing, but we had people move three times (!!) on our first try, and we didn't wipe until far later, cos the healers went oom and died due to too low DPS. I think what you need is a raid leader who shouts a bit louder. :P

I shouted so much at our raid when we wiped at Opera (once) they behaved after that. Sort of. One hunter managed to pet pull THREE times. Suddenly the pet would just zoom off into a different room and pull a bunch of mobs. Hunter said "bad luck", as if you pet pull from "bad luck" and not stupid as crap tab targetting. :lol:

Joskii and I spent Sun at IKEA and moving stuff around the house, so we didn't have the time to go for Prince and Nightbane on Sun.

After that, I specced shadow. :P

I am now shadownub, with 760 shadowdamage, hitcapped too. I still have over 1k healing as shadow since my badge healing boots are better for damage than my old blue ones. :lol:

I then went to melt face in BGs, which was surprisingly easy. I totally OWNED any other shadowpriest, which surprised me a lot, since well...I am raid shadowspecced (no imp scream, no silence), very little resilience in non healing gear and just generally, I haven't played shadow for ages and ages. Does healing gear affect vampiric embrace as well?

I was so surprised how I managed to (sometimes) survive warriors by just my own vampiric embrace healing. Not the mace proc ones tho, although to be honest, it's no different what spec I am: a mace wielding warrior is just "keel over and die mode". Is there any class that is good against mace using warriors? I can't think of any.

[quote name='Lyanna Stark' post='1333347' date='Apr 29 2008, 05.49']is there any class that is good against mace using warriors? I can't think of any.[/quote]

Frost mages come to mind. Kite forever. resto druids can out last wars. ret pallies if played right.

Grats on Vashj.

My raid leadership is weird. Apparently, our progression plan is to add Morogrim to what we kill, and otherwise move on to Hyjal. I guess we're adding him because he's so close to Leotheras and Karathress? Then, with only VR down in TK, we'll make Hyjal our standard. We did that today, after a half-disastrous Magtheridon. How goddamn hard is click on your cube? Of course, we also wiped once to "Why don't we group up all 5 channelers and AoE them down?" Answer: lots of shadowbolt volleys. And once to "apparently we needed to kill all four trash pulls". But we downed him, I picked up the head (ring is a minor upgrade from my Shermanar, and the cash was nice). And we went to Hyjal. Wherein, with the raid leader absent and 24-manning it, we got to Rage and around 39%. Then the raid leader comes back and tries to change things up and we wipe on wave 6 or so. And then he changes things more and we get Rage down, though barely.

And I tanked another heroic terrace; picked up a Shard of Contempt. Now nearly capped on hit and dodge-capped on expertise in my threat gear.

Noob hunters seem almost standard. Pet pulling is one I'm not used to; normally I find people who can't turn growl off, and can't outdamage the tank (in the days before I had a threat set beyond a few points of hit, even). I don't understand how so many hunters haven't learned to ditch aimed shot from regular rotations after so long. It seems like I know more about playing a hunter than the average hunter does... and I only know things from talking to a few good hunters. I never even know frost from freezing trap; I know which effect I want, but damn if the name is right.

In that terrace run, my guildmate brought his hunter... because he wants a Vial of the Sunwell. Since the priest didn't need it, he swapped from mage to hunter. I made him trap. Not so much because I needed stuff trapped as because I felt like it.

Rage is much much much easier than Vashj, Anetheron is easier. That's as far as I've been in Hyjal, but I think the 3rd and 4th bosses are supposed to be easier as well. The idea behind skipped Vashj now is to farm up gear from the Easier T6 bosses, then Vashj and Kael become easier due to being better geared. We are looking to poke into BT soon, but we have no intention of skipped Kael. If we can take Vashj we can take him too.

[quote name='Lyanna Stark' post='1333347' date='Apr 29 2008, 04.49']I then went to melt face in BGs, which was surprisingly easy. I totally OWNED any other shadowpriest, which surprised me a lot, since well...I am raid shadowspecced (no imp scream, no silence), very little resilience in non healing gear and just generally, I haven't played shadow for ages and ages. Does healing gear affect vampiric embrace as well?[/quote]

Not last I checked, but it's possible it snuck in one of the patches. However, it is incredibly easy for a Shadowpriest to melt faces. Any Shadow Priest who can't top the damage meters in a BG is going to be a sorry one. Of course, you probably will die a lot, as Spriests are also extra squishy. It's not so bad in a BG where there's plenty of targets, but go into an arena and watch yourself be dead.

Them's the breaks.

[quote name='Stego' post='1333652' date='Apr 29 2008, 10.11']Kara to Vashj in 5 weeks. Pretty proud of our guild right now.[/quote]

William, are you the one leading these raids? How many hours of Vashj vids did you watch?

You guys should be able to do at least Najentus in BT, imo.

[quote name='Relic' post='1333674' date='Apr 29 2008, 10.25']William, are you the one leading these raids? How many hours of Vashj vids did you watch?

You guys should be able to do at least Najentus in BT, imo.[/quote]

Najentus should easily doable. I think we can do Supremus and Shade of Akama as well.
Kazrogal and Azgolar should be within reach as well. Give us a couple more weeks.

Archived