MAFIA 59

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1598066' date='Nov 23 2008, 10.34']Yeah, long night.
Cassel, I am not sure we should spend time on lynching Hunter, it would just prolong virtually solved game. If Kenning is right (and I totally agree with his brilliant analysis), last killer is Dondarrion, Baelish or at worst Qorgy. We have enough space to lynch all three.
As far as I remeber, Baelish gave us no opinions yet. Meawhile, Dondy eagerly tried to lynch sobody who was not Swann. So I'd suggest to start with lynching [b]Dondarrion[/b].[/quote]

You don't agree with me that Qorgyle isn't the killer, as he was unable to act last night due to not being here?

My only real problem is what if Kenning is wrong? Or Kenning is evil? We waste 2-3 nights (depending how you see Qorgyle now) and leave the evils with a voting block of 2.

That said, if we ever get to a point where a wrong decision means endgame, it's easy enough to vote Hunter off later :P

It is day 2.

8 players remain: Baelish, Cassel, Clegane, Dondarrion, Hunter, Kenning, Tully, Yronwood.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

1 vote for Dondarrion (Clegane)
1 vote for Hunter (Cassel)

6 players have not voted: Baelish, Dondarrion, Hunter, Kenning, Tully, Yronwood.

[u]Mod info:[/u]

If Qorgyle was a combination of Timetraveller and FM, he would still be able to kill at night. Everything else would not be ok for the FM faction.

[quote name='House Cassel' post='1598071' date='Nov 23 2008, 10.47']You don't agree with me that Qorgyle isn't the killer, as he was unable to act last night due to not being here?[/quote]Can't say. It's too wild effect to look for some logic.
[quote]My only real problem is what if Kenning is wrong? Or Kenning is evil? We waste 2-3 nights (depending how you see Qorgyle now) and leave the evils with a voting block of 2.[/quote]From my PoV, Kenning is CI. Both lynching Swann [b]and[/b] exposing Hunter as symp was entirely his acievement, I can't believe an evil would do this to his own team.
Theoretically, he might be wrong, then last killer is your or Tully or Yronwood.
Scenarios:
Lynch Dondy, kill Kenning. Lynch Baelish, kill me. No win?
1. If Qorgy won't return, four players left: Cassel, Hunter, Tully, Yronwood.
1.a. If there are two baddies, we lose.
1.b Lynch Hunter. If he isn't last baddie, we lose.
2. If Qorgy would return, five players left. Lynch Corgy. If he is innocent, we lose.

Now, if we start with Hunter:
Lynch Hunter, kill Kenning. Lynch Dondy, kill me.
1. If Qorgy won't return, four players left: Baelish, Cassel, Tully, Yronwood. Lynch Baelish, if he isn't guilty, we lose.
2. If Qorgy would return, five players left. Now, lynch Qorgy and Baelish in no particular order, if both are innocent, we lose.

Now you should see that lynching Hunter doesn't raise our chances at all... unless he is last killer, which seems quite doubtful. Though it doesn't lessen our chances also.

I wish I could say 'good morning', but with the way my head feels after everything I drank last night, I don't have it in me. This morning sucks.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1598088' date='Nov 23 2008, 09.37']Now you should see that lynching Hunter doesn't raise our chances at all... unless he is last killer, which seems quite doubtful. Though it doesn't lessen our chances also.[/quote]

I don't disagree with you, in terms of pure numbers. But isn't there another factor that you're missing? We all have roles in this game. A symp with a power is dangerous.

And I do think [b]Hunter[/b] is a symp. His actions fit the role perfectly, and Kenning's case adds further evidence.

[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1598087' date='Nov 23 2008, 11.36']If Qorgyle was a combination of Timetraveller and FM, he would still be able to kill at night. Everything else would not be ok for the FM faction.[/quote]

All I have to say is it's a good job he was forced to use it early then, as the power would be game breaking if he used it when down to the last 3 players...

Wait, Donadarrion can steal other people's powers, right?

And he's one of our potential FM's, right?

And we now have confirmation that a time travelling FM can still kill at night, right?

I think I'm going to have to see [b]Dondarrion[/b] swing today then. Letting him live is too dangerous.

A bit of "musing to myself as no-one else is here"...

Hunter, would you mind revealing your power name and description?

After all, two of our favourites for Killer have powers we already know about, time traveller and power stealer. I can't see Swann himself being the vote controller, so I think it's you. :-)

Of course, this makes the FM even more dangerous, as while Hunter lives they have a voting block of 3. Perhaps Hunter does need to die, and soon?

[quote name='House Cassel' post='1598104' date='Nov 23 2008, 10.24']Wait, Donadarrion can steal other people's powers, right?

And he's one of our potential FM's, right?

And we now have confirmation that a time travelling FM can still kill at night, right?

I think I'm going to have to see [b]Dondarrion[/b] swing today then. Letting him live is too dangerous.[/quote]

There's one thing thats bothering me about Dondarrion. His actions have been suspicious, no question. But why would he reveal his power like that, without any prompting, if he's evil?

[quote name='House Yronwood' post='1598110' date='Nov 23 2008, 12.37']There's one thing thats bothering me about Dondarrion. His actions have been suspicious, no question. But why would he reveal his power like that, without any prompting, if he's evil?[/quote]

It could be a mistake. Perhaps he just felt it'd build our trust in him?

OK folks, you [u]have[/u] to lynch me today or tomorrow.

If, at some point, we should get down to 5 people and you choose to vote me off (because I am the "symp") then the FM and the real symp will have won.

I can't stress this enough: when I am dead, the FM still has a symp out there.

As for my power, I don't know what it is, but I know what it isn't. I was told to send in the name of a player I trusted. I sent in Ashford's name last night. He died. I know my power isn't healing.

My power had no bearing on [i]day[/i] happenings yesterday. I sent in Ashford's name mid-day (well after the Shadowman had started) and Targ asked for confirmation at end of day. So my power was either going to affect Ashford at night or today had he not died.

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1598117' date='Nov 23 2008, 12.51']OK folks, you [u]have[/u] to lynch me today or tomorrow.[/quote]Well, you are exactly "A behemoth of a man-eating Penis Monster." All next is WFIFOM. We know for sure you want to harm us... So, we have to do something contrary to what you propose... So, you should propose something benefitial to us in hope we will reject this... So...
Well, two words: get lost.
You aren't here, and I hope nobody is willing even read your posts, not even speaking about a possibility of listening to you. This is best we can manage.

[quote name='House Cassel' post='1598115' date='Nov 23 2008, 10.45']It could be a mistake. Perhaps he just felt it'd build our trust in him?[/quote]

That seems like a stretch to me. Commit himself to a claim and unnecessarily provide us with information at the very start of the game? I guess a new player who is clueless might do that, but in general, it doesn't fit what I'd expect from somebody who is evil.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1598126' date='Nov 23 2008, 13.04']Well, you are exactly "A behemoth of a man-eating Penis Monster." All next is WFIFOM. We know for sure you want to harm us... So, we have to do something contrary to what you propose... So, you should propose something benefitial to us in hope we will reject this... So...
Well, two words: get lost.
You aren't here, and I hope nobody is willing even read your posts, not even speaking about a possibility of listening to you. This is best we can manage.[/quote]

That is a little bit of an extreme...

I'm not comfortable with ever totally writing anyone off and ignoring anything they say or do. It's just a little too much. Firstly, we're not infalable. There's a small chance we're wrong. Further to this, being totally ignored in that way will just push people towards sitting out and waiting for a modkill, and perhaps drive them away from the game totally. I'm happy not believing a word he says, but I will listen all the same.

:smileysex:[quote name='House Cassel' post='1598132' date='Nov 23 2008, 13.19']That is a little bit of an extreme...

I'm not comfortable with ever totally writing anyone off and ignoring anything they say or do. It's just a little too much.[/quote]Then, vote on him again.
If we all bel ieve he is a symp, we have no choice but to vote him out or ignore him totally. Otherwise, he would be able to poison our decisions, as Sauron did in classic and Piper did in some old game.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1598135' date='Nov 23 2008, 13.28']:smileysex:Then, vote on him again.
If we all bel ieve he is a symp, we have no choice but to vote him out or ignore him totally. Otherwise, he would be able to poison our decisions, as Sauron did in classic and Piper did in some old game.[/quote]

Well, I feel a potential FM with the ability to steal time travel powers that could win them the game is a slightly more dangerous prospect to a known symp poisoning us.

That said, there's a strong chance said symp has two votes, so he's definitely going to have to die.

[quote name='House Cassel' post='1598115' date='Nov 23 2008, 11.45']It could be a mistake. Perhaps he just felt it'd build our trust in him?[/quote]
truth, I thought that, Piper being Piper, there would be powers that lend themselves to evilness, and that would give us an edge. Particularly when a power like vote mover came into play. That seemed pretty FMish, but since it was targetted at the FM, I'd be willing to CI who ever claims it at this point.

Also, I thought my power was a one shot, so I was saving it. I just got confirmation that it isn't.

I was wrong about Swann, I difdn't see him as suspicious, and the run on him, plus the whole shadow Ashford thing seemed more suspicious. But we do have some wiggle room now since we caught an FM on day one. So lynching me isn't too big a waste.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1598143' date='Nov 23 2008, 13.51']truth, I thought that, Piper being Piper, there would be powers that lend themselves to evilness, and that would give us an edge. Particularly when a power like vote mover came into play. That seemed pretty FMish, but since it was targetted at the FM, I'd be willing to CI who ever claims it at this point.

Also, I thought my power was a one shot, so I was saving it. I just got confirmation that it isn't.

I was wrong about Swann, I difdn't see him as suspicious, and the run on him, plus the whole shadow Ashford thing seemed more suspicious. But we do have some wiggle room now since we caught an FM on day one. So lynching me isn't too big a waste.[/quote]

Is your power night or day? as in, can you steal my power right now?

If so, steal hunters powers. Tell us what they are. Then to verify this you can steal either my powers or someone else willing to join you in a reveal so we know you told the truth both on the stealing and on hunter's power.

This buys you at least 1 more day, so there's something in it for you too :-)

[color="#FF0000"][font="Comic Sans MS"]NOTE: One of us is watching without their invisibility cloak on... They might want to log off and log in again with invisibility...[/font][/color]

[quote name='House Cassel' post='1598147' date='Nov 23 2008, 13.01']Is your power night or day? as in, can you steal my power right now?

If so, steal hunters powers. Tell us what they are. Then to verify this you can steal either my powers or someone else willing to join you in a reveal so we know you told the truth both on the stealing and on hunter's power.

This buys you at least 1 more day, so there's something in it for you too :-)[/quote]

Night power, unfortunately. And if the person I target dies in the night, then I don't get any powers.

Archived