MAFIA 59

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Qorgyle' post='1598949' date='Nov 24 2008, 11.33']Could I talk about this Hunter lynch for a second? Can I say [i]what the hell[/i], guys? He claimed a role. He claimed a role for pretty much no reason. He claimed a role that was [i]not[/i] the finder. Were this a newer player and not West, I could admit that might happen. Given that this is not a new player and is West, I refuse to believe that a symp would give up a chance to counterclaim Finder like that. The only reason why I symp would do that is to distract, but the timing of his role claim didn't even coincide with when a few votes piled up on Dondy.[/quote]

Counterclaim Finder? What are you talking about? Unless I missed it, there was no Finder claim for him to counter.

[quote name='Qorgyle']if he were 100% sure that Hunter was the symp, he ought to have looked for an FM. I blame the lack of activity in general; I think in a normal game someone would've called out Yronwood to name who he thinks Hunter's masters were, and there would've been more discussion following that. But as it looked to me, Yronwood was pushing Hunter's lynch--a very easy case to make, mind you--for no reason other than to push Hunter's lynch regardless of whether or not it was the [i]best[/i] lynch.[/quote]

I did name a few FM suspects. And concluded, for reasons that I made very clear, that it was more important to lynch a very likely symp than a possible FM.

[quote name='Qorgyle']There's nothing wrong with wanting to lynch the symp, but since we're one FM down, we have a semi-good chance of ending the game, so it seems strange to be so adamant about lynching a symp.[/quote]

I'm wondering if you really understand how the game works, in terms of the number of lynches we have left. Because, if you did, you wouldn't be complaining about me wanting to lynch the symp. Clegane has already explained this. If Hunter was the symp, as many of us believe, then lynching him did not cost us an opportunity to lynch the FM.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1598957' date='Nov 24 2008, 09.38']Exactly crosspost.
Qorgy, could you tell us more about your role? Did your leave on your decision, in order to avoid the lynch?[/quote]
Who in their right mind [i]signs up for a game[/i], and then decides to leave for two days? I said at one point in time that I didn't know my role, and I was telling the truth. The time traveling thing was not my decision, and even if it could've been my decision, I wouldn't have chosen to activate it. (No offense, mods, it's a cute role, just that there is something about following the game and not being able to say anything either in game or in spoilers that drives me mad.)

I basically got a PM telling me to shut up now because I was traveling through time. That's about it.

[quote name='House Yronwood' post='1598972' date='Nov 24 2008, 09.46']Counterclaim Finder? What are you talking about? Unless I missed it, there was no Finder claim for him to counter.[/quote]
For the future. The ability to fake claim a useful role is too important for a symp to give up so easily. It's an all-roled game. What's a symp's job if not to counterclaim a role somewhere down the line?

[quote]I did name a few FM suspects. And concluded, for reasons that I made very clear, that it was more important to lynch a very likely symp than a possible FM.[/quote]
I saw you naming those suspects, and I said that I believe that if this game were more active, there would've been more discussion over said suspects as I think there should've been. And I disagree with you over lynching the symp over a possible FM, though I may be biased because I don't think Hunter was the symp.

[quote]I'm wondering if you really understand how the game works, in terms of the number of lynches we have left. Because, if you did, you wouldn't be complaining about me wanting to lynch the symp. Clegane has already explained this. If Hunter was the symp, as many of us believe, then lynching him did not cost us an opportunity to lynch the FM.[/quote]
I am not complaining, per say, about you wanting to lynch the symp. I am suspicious of you pushing to lynch the symp over other options. You were coming off too strong to me--and I felt the confidence you had that you were doing The Right Thing was scummy. If you are an FM, it's entirely your goal to just get someone lynched, and Hunter was an easy target. I feel that an innocent would've took more time to at least discuss the other options, which you touched upon only briefly.

It isn't so much the point of not costing us anything, it's the point that we were in a position to win the game yesterday if anyone had the balls to gamble on their luck (and I see no one does and that's just a downright shame), and we went for a "likely" symp instead. That makes me a sad panda.

[quote name='House Qorgyle' post='1598978' date='Nov 24 2008, 13.48']The time traveling thing was not my decision,[/quote]Ok, I nicely ask a person responsible for the time travel to come on. It's just the right time.
I don't think that Swann or Swann's symp (Hunter?) did this, because it ended in lynching Swann. So, It was either Qorgyle himself or some other (and innocent) player. I suppose that player, if exists, really [i]ought[/i] to reveal now.
[b]Remove vote[/b], by the way. At the beginning of the day, we had no real choice but lynching Dondy. Now, Qorgy is an alterantive. And we really need all information available to lynch.
I suppose it is last possibility for full reveal.
Alas, all what I am able to say about myself: I don't know my role either.

[quote name='House Qorgyle' post='1598949' date='Nov 24 2008, 12.33']Anyway, I'm suspicious of [b]Yronwood[/b] (not that my vote matters). There was a lack of doubt when he pushed the Hunter lynch that pinged my radar. Now he could be 100% sure that lynching Hunter is the right thing to do--and it could've been the right thing to do, but if he were 100% sure that Hunter was the symp, he ought to have looked for an FM. I blame the lack of activity in general; I think in a normal game someone would've called out Yronwood to name who he thinks Hunter's masters were, and there would've been more discussion following that. But as it looked to me, Yronwood was pushing Hunter's lynch--a very easy case to make, mind you--for no reason other than to push Hunter's lynch regardless of whether or not it was the [i]best[/i] lynch.[/quote]

Qorgyle, you do realize Yronwood was the second vote on Swann. An FM. Lynched on Day 1. That seems to be insane behavior for an FM partner [i]or[/i]symp.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1599006' date='Nov 24 2008, 10.05']Ok, I nicely ask a person responsible for the time travel to come on. It's just the right time.
I don't think that Swann or Swann's symp (Hunter?) did this, because it ended in lynching Swann. So, It was either Qorgyle himself or some other (and innocent) player. I suppose that player, if exists, really [i]ought[/i] to reveal now.
[b]Remove vote[/b], by the way. At the beginning of the day, we had no real choice but lynching Dondy. Now, Qorgy is an alterantive. And we really need all information available to lynch.
I suppose it is last possibility for full reveal.
Alas, all what I am able to say about myself: I don't know my role either.[/quote]
I think you're mistaken.

I believe the role was just meant to activate at the end of Day 1. It's my role specifically, so it shouldn't have been activated by anyone but myself or circumstances relating to myself, or just whenever the mod wants it to activate. I don't think it could've been a balanced role unless I time-traveled early on in the game, so I'm willing to bet that I was just supposed to disappear a bit before the end of Day 1, similar to how I reappeared just a bit after the start of Day 3.

Why do you think someone else gets to call out when I disappear? It's a strange conclusion to jump to when me just having a power that activates without my control makes a lot more sense.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1599014' date='Nov 24 2008, 10.07']Qorgyle, you do realize Yronwood was the second vote on Swann. An FM. Lynched on Day 1. That seems to be insane behavior for an FM partner [i]or[/i]symp.[/quote]
Was he? Well, hey, I've done it before. Besides, at that point, wasn't I a perfectly viable (or even more viable) lynch? Swann wasn't under major pressure until I dropped off the face of planet. As I remember, the momentum was kinda swinging my way.

Clegane, you mention you don't know your role, but were you asked to supply a name? It might be helpful in figuring out what you do.

As for Kenning, I got nothing, no request for a name, no request for anything. No information, except that it very definitely has nothing to do with nude maidens (curse you Piper).

Anyhow, I've got to run. Be back... eventually. In less than 12 hours (I hope). Possibly even just a couple of hours.

Sorry for just talking about Yronwood and Hunter. They were sort of the thoughts floating at the top of my head, so I shared those first. I'm also suspicious of Cassel for [i]not[/i] pinging my radar in any way, shape, or form. If I get back to my computer at a non-stupid time, I think I'll do a reread on him.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1599020' date='Nov 24 2008, 13.09']Kenning was the second.[/quote]
You're right, I was trusting one of the lists. It showed him as [i]third[/i] not second, but going back he was later than that, although it's hard to tell if that's right, since it was in the middle of a pile of Ashford/Shadow Ashford votes.

[quote name='House Qorgyle' post='1599017' date='Nov 24 2008, 14.08']I believe the role was just meant to activate at the end of Day 1.[/quote]Then, why it was activated [i]in the middle[/i] od day 1?
[quote]It's my role specifically, so it shouldn't have been activated by anyone but myself or circumstances relating to myself, or just whenever the mod wants it to activate.[/quote]You said you haven't activated it, and I am quite sure Piper won't activate it whenever he wanted since it would be high above reasonable treshold of mod's influencence on the game.
Why are you so sure no other player was responsible for your time travel, if you wasn't responsible yourself?

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1599023' date='Nov 24 2008, 14.11']Clegane, you mention you don't know your role, but were you asked to supply a name?[/quote]No. I wasn't asked about anything.
I presumed I had some passive role, which is triggered by actions of other players, not by my own.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1599029' date='Nov 24 2008, 10.18']Then, why it was activated [i]in the middle[/i] od day 1?
You said you haven't activated it, and I am quite sure Piper won't activate it whenever he wanted since it would be high above reasonable treshold of mod's influencence on the game.
Why are you so sure no other player was responsible for your time travel, if you wasn't responsible yourself?[/quote]
Alright, I lied about going away. I'm going away after this post. :P

It wasn't activated in the middle of Day 1. It was activated, like, a few hours before the day ended. Similarly, I returned a little bit after the day began.

I consider mod activation just fine myself. I'd certainly prefer it over another player pulling the strings. Why aren't you questioning whether someone activated Kenning's king o' the hill power for him?

[quote name='House Qorgyle' post='1599022' date='Nov 24 2008, 12.11']Was he? Well, hey, I've done it before. Besides, at that point, wasn't I a perfectly viable (or even more viable) lynch? Swann wasn't under major pressure until I dropped off the face of planet. As I remember, the momentum was kinda swinging my way.[/quote]

I think I was the third vote on the final mob that got Swann lynched.

And I never voted for you, Qorgyle. I was actually opposed to lynching you on day 1.

[quote name='House Qorgyle' post='1599032' date='Nov 24 2008, 14.23']I consider mod activation just fine myself.[/quote]I don't. I can't see a mod to influate a game this way. You do realize that without time travel you will be most likely lynched over Swann?
[quote]Why aren't you questioning whether someone activated Kenning's king o' the hill power for him?[/quote]There is nothing to question. Of course, it was someone else. It as standard king-kingmaker routine. And, yes, the king maker should reveal now also. We should start to understand who is responsible for what.

[quote name='House Qorgyle' post='1598999' date='Nov 24 2008, 12.01']It isn't so much the point of not costing us anything, it's the point that we were in a position to win the game yesterday if anyone had the balls to gamble on their luck (and I see no one does and that's just a downright shame), and we went for a "likely" symp instead. That makes me a sad panda.[/quote]

Thats ridiculous. Again, if we were right about him being the symp, then lynching him didn't cost us anything. And it gained us something - we removed a symp who possibly had a power that could harm us. It was the logical, careful move.

You're argument is basically - 1) you don't think Hunter was the symp, and 2) you would have rather been reckless and gone for the win right away. Well, I disagree with you on point 1. And, with regard to point 2, I rarely favor the reckless strategy. Better to play it safe than to rush ahead just because you're impatient.

Archived