Compiling the Data

Adelle Tully

While we've got the casting segregated in regions, perhaps we should separate further for the main characters, putting all the suggestions for one character into it's own thread. It would just be easier (I think) for them to look at the competition for one character rather than weeding through when looking to cast....let's just say Cersei for example.

Any other thoughts on this?

I think this is a good idea.
Ran and others have mentioned doing voting between popular choices and drawing up prettyfied profiles for our favorites.

It would be nice to know though, when the casting begins, and when this work has got to be finished.
I guess someone could try and ask Benioff and Weis when they need the list.

It would be cool if the board could provide a really good, worked through and comprehensive list of viable casting choices.
Now that they did ask for our help. and I am sure a lot of people would like to put in some work on this.

I think we'll leave it as is for another week, and then people can volunteer to start going through the threads and creating "reports" -- For character X, Y people liked Actor Z, and so on. With IMDB links, maybe YouTube/Google Video links showing a snippet of performance, and so on. That should be enough organization without creating a couple dozen new threads just for each individual character.

At some point there may be a poll or series of polls as well. But I think the report method is the best bet to start with.

I think this is what you hire casting directors for. You wouldn't believe the volume of actors they are acustomed to dealing with. I think the best tool, though, would be at some later date to just draw up lists for each major role and perhaps include the number of times they were seconded by other posters, which might help gague what kind of interest there is in certain actors for the roles (or at least certain types, for those not available or who are no longer appropriate for the role...like Max Pirkis who is probably too old now for Joffrey, even if the character is aged).

Great, Adelle. Maybe the best way to do it would be to post all the results from a thread that you start -- call it Official Casting Synopsis. I'll make sure your posts are the only ones there, at least until you're done. :)

[quote name='Adelle Tully' post='1599527' date='Nov 24 2008, 18.52']Will do. I've got a word doc for each character. So far Ned has a mass amount of suggestions!!! I'll work on it again this evening and actually post what I've got so everyone can see.[/quote]

Very good idea, and great of you to volunteer to do this.

Oh Noes! My computer is being retarded at home (which is where I do all the work on it, much to the dismay of my husband who would rather be lazing around watching Dr. Who 24/7) and I can't see any of the newer posts past like 3 days ago, including my own!!!! I tried to post some of the compilation, but even if it went through, I can't even see it. This is after clearing the cookies and temp files. HELP!

Yep, it said standard...I'm not at home at the moment (yes, I'm keeping my sanity at work) but when I'm home tomorrow I'll take a look on that one as well. If not, I have a computer genius for a husband and will bug him (even though he hates when I take up "his computer time...24/7 that is....to work on it). Once I get the initial two threads up that I have on the home computer, I can start working on it here at work as well. (Would just have saved it to a flash drive except the computers at work won't recognize any information outside the network.)

Since I can't add to the other Adelle-only thread, I'll add to this one:

Great job with the list, Adelle Tully! Keep it up.

Now if we can start voting for our favorites actor on each list (like the character popularity contest), and keep a running tally, and then have you re-list all of it in order of most votes to least (on a daily basis, of course), we'll [i]really[/i] be rolling!

... [i]Kidding![/i]

Archived