Mini Mafia - Perfect for new players

Pebble thats Stubby

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1674046' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.45']More suspicious than both those I gotta' say is the way you're misrepresenting what I've been saying. Makes me question your motive for doing so...[/quote]
:rolleyes: Weakest attempt to deflect attention ever. If I could, I would ban people from saying "misrepresenting" and "twisting my words". It is really the most pathetic attempt to defend yourself while calling your attacker's character into question.

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1674065' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.56']Ok, I'll trust that Thorne intends to contribute more in the future.[/quote]
He must have really felt the pressure from you vote and single comment. I'm surprised you so easily let him out from underneath that burning hot light.
[quote name='House Dayne' post='1674065' date='Feb 4 2009, 15.56'][b]Saltcliff[/b] gets my vote.[/quote]
OMGUS!

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1673757' date='Feb 4 2009, 12.44']I pointed out that I wasn't certain of what terminology to use. The post just struck me as sort of suspicious. [u]Swyft's voting Stonetree and here Stonetree is saying that he doesn't really suspect Swyft. I think it's way to early to make a call like that.[/u][/quote]
I also wanted to comment that this statement is garbage. It is never too early to have at least gut feelings about someone.

[quote name='House Targaryen']2 players have not voted: Duncan the Tall, Ferren[/quote]
Come on folks.

Sorry, I have been rereading for a little while.

My top three suspects at the moment are Dayne, Martell and [s]Saltcliffe.[/s]Stonetree

Er, I will paste in my notes and then read them and decide who to vote for:

Geg Stonetree – don’t think can be paired with Dayne. Speculates on good roles very readily, but without reading opening post. Keeps up RP even after RP stage has ended

Des Dayne – got the mod to tell us all our first names. Calls out Stonetree on wishy-washyness – seems like rather an easy thing to do if evil. Doesn’t make me feel good.

Sally Saltcliffe – have innocent vibes from

Rob Swift – makes a drawn out (semi?)joke case on Stonetree. I have difficulty believing an evil would put themselves out on a limb like this. Swift then defends is joke case as holding some genuine suspicion in it – that Stonetree was throwing out names making suspicious comments. Not sure I agree with him, but again, I don’t think an evil would keep up with this.

Obie Martell – not impressed by the Swiftian spamming. Then challenges Swift to explain his joke case. I do think it’s a bit odd that he threatens to vote Stonetree for not taking the game seriously, but doesn’t do it. Then votes for Mertyns, seemingly just to show he can.

Martin Mertyns – his is the watershed post imo, between RP and non-RP

Alliser Thorne – accuses Saltcliffe of not really being helpful. Although I am not either, I do agree here

Out of the three I suspect most, Martell seems the most helpful if innocent, so I don't want tto lynch them today. Saltcliffe I started off having innocent vibes from like I say there, and that's enough of a reason not to vote for her day 1,(and I never meant to put her as one of my top suspects - I meant Stonetree. I will vote [b]Dayne[/b]: could well be coasting by as an FM, imo, not being too confrontational and if innocent wouldn't be too much of a loss.

ETA: confused Saltcliffe with Stonetree

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1674083' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.06']:rolleyes: Weakest attempt to deflect attention ever. If I could, I would ban people from saying "misrepresenting" and "twisting my words". It is really the most pathetic attempt to defend yourself while calling your attacker's character into question.[/quote]

Call it what you will, but the context for my Stonetree statement should have been pretty obvious given I quoted the post of yours that I was addressing right there in the post. You made it sound much less so.

[quote]He must have really felt the pressure from you vote and single comment. I'm surprised you so easily let him out from underneath that burning hot light.[/quote]

Well as my FM partner I got to cut him a little slack you know? :rolleyes:
Seriously, why should I keep a vote on someone who has said there are RL reasons for why they aren't active on the thread. It's not a free pass by any means, but I like to trust that people are telling the truth.

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674103' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.20']My top three suspects at the moment are Dayne, Martell and Saltcliffe.[/quote]
This list doesn't really jive with your notes. I'm curious how you have innocent vibes from one of your top suspects, you never mention anything suspicious about me.

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674103' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.20']Geg Stonetree – don’t think can be paired with Dayne. Speculates on good roles very readily, but without reading opening post. Keeps up RP even after RP stage has ended[/quote]
Why couldn't they be paired? From Dayne's side, at least, there seemed to be some strange distancing/defense IMO. Certainly nothing to assume they wouldn't be partners.

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674103' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.20']Rob Swift – makes a drawn out (semi?)joke case on Stonetree. I have difficulty believing an evil would put themselves out on a limb like this. Swift then defends is joke case as holding some genuine suspicion in it – that Stonetree was throwing out names making suspicious comments. Not sure I agree with him, but again, I don’t think an evil would keep up with this.[/quote]
I get the feeling from Swift that the easy going playstyle is natural for them, so I am not that interested in lynching them. Blurring the line between joking and serious cases/votes is not something that ends well for the person doing it, whether it is intentional or not. For the moment, I have a pretty innocent read of Swift.

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674103' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.20']Alliser Thorne – accuses Saltcliffe of not really being helpful. Although I am not either, I do agree here[/quote]
No he didn't...

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674103' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.20']Out of the three I suspect most, Martell seems the most helpful if innocent, so I don't want tto lynch them today. Saltcliffe I started off having innocent vibes from like I say there, and that's enough of a reason not to vote for her day 1, so will vote [b]Dayne[/b]: could well be coasting by as an FM, imo, not being too confrontational and if innocent wouldn't be too much of a loss.[/quote]
Although I am far from Dayne's biggest fan, I wouldn't classify them as wholly non-confrontational. To go along with this, I don't really like the argument of "wouldn't be too much of a loss" particularly with the deafening silence from some people.

And what do you think of Duncan? No notes on him??

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1674123' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.30']Call it what you will, but the context for my Stonetree statement should have been pretty obvious given I quoted the post of yours that I was addressing right there in the post. You made it sound much less so.[/quote]
I didn't find Stonetree's statement bothersome really. Regardless of what label you threw on it, your argument was weak and seemed to be an attempt to look helpful.
[quote name='House Dayne' post='1674123' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.30']Well as my FM partner I got to cut him a little slack you know? :rolleyes:
Seriously, why should I keep a vote on someone who has said there are RL reasons for why they aren't active on the thread. It's not a free pass by any means, but I like to trust that people are telling the truth.[/quote]
I wasn't suggesting he was your FM partner (guilty conscience? :P), I was just being a sarcastic dick because you voted for him ostensibly to apply "pressure" and, in my mind, the "pressure" was lacking.

[quote name='House Mertyns' post='1674129' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.33']Why do you think Saltcliffe is a her?[/quote]
Let's not rehash the gender "slip" arguments from the past.

edit to add:
[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674149' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.41']Argh I meant Stonetree. I'm really sorry[/quote]
No harm done. How about Duncan though?

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1674143' date='Feb 4 2009, 22.39']And what do you think of Duncan? No notes on him??[/quote]

I don't want to speak for Ferren, but what's to make notes on? Duncan hasn't even voted, and probably won't be back until the day's ended.

If we had to agree a compromise lynch, Duncan would be my choice.

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1674143' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.39']Why couldn't they be paired? From Dayne's side, at least, there seemed to be some strange distancing/defense IMO. Certainly nothing to assume they wouldn't be partners.[/quote]

I based this on the very first post where Stonetree voted Dayne before player list was up. It's not strong evidence obviously, but I didn't think an FM would risk this.

[quote]No he didn't...[/quote]

I have got really mixed up with Stonetree and Saltcliffe, so that may explain some of my inconsistencies.

[quote]Although I am far from Dayne's biggest fan, I wouldn't classify them as wholly non-confrontational. To go along with this, I don't really like the argument of "wouldn't be too much of a loss" particularly with the deafening silence from some people.[/quote]

I only meant relative to my other suspects. If Dayne is innocent obviosly it would be a loss for them to be lycnched, more so than if me or Thorne went, but compared to Martell I would rather see Dayne go.

[quote name='House Mertyns' post='1674155' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.44']I don't want to speak for Ferren, but what's to make notes on? Duncan hasn't even voted, and probably won't be back until the day's ended.

If we had to agree a compromise lynch, Duncan would be my choice.[/quote]
If you don't want to then you don't have to. :)

Notes on Duncan:
Fairly quiet (8 posts though)
He is suspicious of Swift for seeming to try to make his joke posts serious.
Dodges a question about Stonetree's wishy-washyness. Believes Stonetree has zero serious posts.
Leaves with a blanket accusation of anyone making arguments based on RP posts. [i](The game has to switch gears somehow, doesn't it?)[/i]

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674162' date='Feb 4 2009, 22.46']I based this on the very first post where Stonetree voted Dayne before player list was up. It's not strong evidence obviously, but I didn't think an FM would risk this.[/quote]

Why not? An early distancing vote makes sense in a cf game.

And in fact, if Stonetree was partnered to Dayne, Stonecliff would know that Dayne was playing before the list went up. :unsure:

[quote name='House Mertyns' post='1674168' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.50']Why not? An early distancing vote makes sense in a cf game.

And in fact, if Stonetree was partnered to Dayne, Stonecliff would know that Dayne was playing before the list went up. :unsure:[/quote]

Well, quite, that's my point. It's not that I don't think partners would vote for each other, it's that I don't think one partner would vote for the other before the player list went up. People are unlikely to trace it back and say how did you know Dayne was a player? but i thought it likely that an FM just wouldn't take that chance.

Seems like I have to explain my vote on Duncan, or better, why I voted Duncan for being quiet and not Thorne.

1) Like I already said, an absent player is absent, not quiet.

2) Duncan had been posting, but he only made one-liner comments to others posts without adding something himself. Not only quiet, but also contra-productive.

3) Yes, there were several other players that did fall into the same "quiet" category - Dayne, Saltcliffe and Ferren, for example, but Duncan stood out the most. Furthermore, I only have one vote.

Now that Duncan has admitted his crime, I wonder what to do with him. I don't even need to write a case, because he has already given us a summary of his misdoings. Which is that he is trying to play it safe, watching the others to clash with each other and staying out of conflicts as long as possible - only to join one side when it is safe. Guilty or not , I don't like that attitude.

Fortunatly for Duncan, Martell looks even worse. I'd like to know what he is up to. First he attacked me, threatening me with his vote. After I didn't bend my knee and others questioned his playstyle, he suddenly backed down and voted Mertyns instead. And it is his reasoning that makes me somewhat speechless: he votes for Mertyns, because Mertyns wanted him to vote for me.

Here is what actually happened:

1) Martell threatened to vote me if I would not start to take the game more seriously. (Note that Martell had been posting ironical posts himself shortly before)

2) I asked him if he would finally vote then.

3) Martell said "yes, but you won't like it.

4) I tols him that this is a lame answer.

5) Mertyns agreed with me in this post:

[quote name='House Mertyns' post='1673568' date='Feb 4 2009, 16.39']It was, wasn't it? Saying you're ready to cast a vote but not voting isn't good, Martell. I assume you're implying that you want to vote for Stonetree, so why not accompany it with a vote?[/quote]

My interpretation of that post is that Mertyns was wondering why Martellwas threatening me with a vote instead of voting for me myself. He was not advising Martell to vote for me, but pointing at Martell's odd behaviour.

So either Martell was planning to vote for me and did paddle backwards when he realized that he was in trouble, or he was laying a trap for someone like Mertyns. I mean, it was obvious that someone would point at the discrepancy of Martell's words and the place of his vote.

Since the second theory is a bit too complicated, I prefer the more simple first theory of Martell getting cold feet.

[b]Vote Martell[/b]

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674173' date='Feb 4 2009, 22.52']Well, quite, that's my point. It's not that I don't think partners would vote for each other, it's that I don't think one partner would vote for the other before the player list went up. People are unlikely to trace it back and say how did you know Dayne was a player? but i thought it likely that an FM just wouldn't take that chance.[/quote]

But then Stonetree didn't read the opening posts very well, so he might not have been aware the list wasn't up yet.

Archived