Mini Mafia - Perfect for new players

Pebble thats Stubby

[quote name='House Martel' post='1674197' date='Feb 4 2009, 18.15']But then Stonetree didn't read the opening posts very well, so he might not have been aware the list wasn't up yet.[/quote]

But he puts a question mark after it so I think that indicates that he was guessing which players were in the game and knew that a list wasn't there yet.

So your case is that I'm guilty because I didn't vote for you? That has an easy remedy [b]Stonetree[/b].

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1674192' date='Feb 4 2009, 23.12']So either Martell was planning to vote for me and did paddle backwards when he realized that he was in trouble, or he was laying a trap for someone like Mertyns.[/quote]

Pray tell what trouble I was in, or what kind of trap was I laying?

[quote]I mean, it was obvious that someone would point at the discrepancy of Martell's words and the place of his vote.[/quote]

My trap consisted in purposefully doing something suspicious and then jumping on the first person to point it out? Devious indeed.

[quote]Since the second theory is a bit too complicated, I prefer the more simple first theory of Martell getting cold feet.[/quote]

Voting for people on day one in a mafia game doesn't make me nervous.

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674203' date='Feb 4 2009, 23.24']But he puts a question mark after it so I think that indicates that he was guessing which players were in the game and knew that a list wasn't there yet.[/quote]
That's correct. I wonder why Martell isn't able to see that. It's almost the same as when he was nodding to Swyft's 'case' on me which was partly based on my vote on Reed - a player that obviously never existed. My feeling is that Martell is trying to manipulate others to look better himself.

False alarm.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1674209' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.31']That's correct. I wonder why Martell isn't able to see that. It's almost the same as when he was nodding to Swyft's 'case' on me which was partly based on my vote on Reed - a player that obviously never existed. My feeling is that Martell is trying to manipulate others to look better himself.[/quote]
Based on the back and forth between Martell and you just now, I'd have to say point Martell. You need to explain some of the points you were trying to make (i.e. cold feet, laying a trap, etc.) because they don't make a whole lot of sense. I haven't decided if I think you are guilty in all of this, I'm just feeling more sure of Martell's innocence.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1674209' date='Feb 4 2009, 18.31']That's correct. I wonder why Martell isn't able to see that. It's almost the same as when he was nodding to Swyft's 'case' on me which was partly based on my vote on Reed - a player that obviously never existed. My feeling is that Martell is trying to manipulate others to look better himself.[/quote]

Maybe. I find you both suspicious and I don't particularly like the tone of what you just said. It almost sounds conspiratorial and very defensive.

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674220' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.41']Maybe. I find you both suspicious and I don't particularly like the tone of what you just said. It almost sounds conspiratorial and very defensive.[/quote]
Hey buddy, could you answer my questions about your list lacking Duncan (and then post your notes on him of course)? I asked nicely. :)

It is day 1.

9 players remain: Dayne, Duncan the Tall, Ferren, Martell, Mertyns, Saltcliff, Stonetree, Swift, Thorne.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Stonetree (Swift, Thorne, Martell)
2 votes for Dayne (Saltcliff, Ferren)
1 vote for Martell (Stonetree)
1 vote for Saltcliff (Dayne)
1 vote for Swift (Mertyns)

1 players have not voted: Duncan the Tall.

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1674218' date='Feb 4 2009, 23.38']False alarm.

Based on the back and forth between Martell and you just now, I'd have to say point Martell. You need to explain some of the points you were trying to make (i.e. cold feet, laying a trap, etc.) because they don't make a whole lot of sense. I haven't decided if I think you are guilty in all of this, I'm just feeling more sure of Martell's innocence.[/quote]

cold feet = Martell being afraid that people would start to dislike him because he didn't vote for me

trap = Martell's ridiculous vote on Mertyns. Mertyns has been pointing out Martell's odd behaviour and got voted by Martell for it. Like I said, this theory is rather unlikely.

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1674224' date='Feb 4 2009, 18.43']Hey buddy, could you answer my questions about your list lacking Duncan (and then post your notes on him of course)? I asked nicely. :)[/quote]

Sorry Sally.

I pasted all the notes I had so I guess that Dunan just didn't impinge on my radar very much as I reread. What I rmember is that he considered it still to be in RP stage even when most people had moved on and later expressed unease that people had made arguments over RP stuff. While I don't think he has been very helpful at all, he doesn't strike me as evil. I think he would try harder if he were an FM.

I really need to get some sleep now.

I am willing to vote Stonetree, but I don't want to put him at L-1 without general consent.

Although I have my vote on Dayne at the moment, I don't think that there is anything to choose between Dayne and Stonetree for me, so I will vote for either to get the lynch.

Thoughts?

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674220' date='Feb 4 2009, 23.41']Maybe. I find you both suspicious and I don't particularly like the tone of what you just said. It almost sounds conspiratorial and very defensive.[/quote]
Sorry, but Martell has been misinterpreting things a bit too often by now. That's why I call him manipulative. Examples:

1) suggesting that I did not know that there as no player list when it is clear from my exchange with Targ that I knew it (kinda hard to start a game when you don't even know who is around)

2) Not correcting Swyft that Reed did not exist.

3) Misinterpreting Mertyns' post about his odd behaviour.

4) Pushing me to stop being funny when he just made some funny posts himself.

5) OMGUS vote on me

He's also a bit middle-of-the.road, leaving his options open.

ETA: forgot to add point 6: threatening to vote for me and denying it afterwards. Ok, that's not manipulative, but a straight lie.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1674229' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.46']cold feet = Martell being afraid that people would start to dislike him because he didn't vote for me[/quote]
So why didn't he just vote for you in the first place?
[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1674229' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.46']trap = Martell's ridiculous vote on Mertyns. Mertyns has been pointing out Martell's odd behaviour and got voted by Martell for it. Like I said, this theory is rather unlikely.[/quote]
Yes it is...I am definitely not buying what you've been selling here.

[quote name='House Ferren' post='1674232' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.48']Sorry Sally.

I pasted all the notes I had so I guess that Dunan just didn't impinge on my radar very much as I reread. What I rmember is that he considered it still to be in RP stage even when most people had moved on and later expressed unease that people had made arguments over RP stuff. While I don't think he has been very helpful at all, he doesn't strike me as evil. I think he would try harder if he were an FM.[/quote]
What do other people think of this omission? I'm not sure it is something that would put Ferren as my preferred lynch for today because it necessitates Duncan as his partner. I find it hard to believe that someone taking notes would completely missed someone that had 8 posts. :/

edit to add:
[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1674238' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.52']He's also a bit middle-of-the.road, leaving his options open.[/quote]
Don't say something like this without a quote please.

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1674240' date='Feb 4 2009, 23.54']So why didn't he just vote for you in the first place?[/quote]

Well, he probably was afraid that what happened to swyft (voted for bandwaggoning) could have happend to himself. So he was waiting for a better opportunity. Like I said, Martell has been very good at leaving himself some options.

I guess there are lots of answers for these, but only few that include Martell being innocent. The only one that I can come up with is that he is not that clever as he thinks he is and thought that his arrogant atitude would impress me somehow. :unsure:

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1674252' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.59']Well, he probably was afraid that what happened to swyft (voted for bandwaggoning) could have happend to himself. So he was waiting for a better opportunity. Like I said, Martell has been very good at leaving himself some options.[/quote]
You've certainly said that. I am not so sure that you have [i]shown [/i]it though.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1674252' date='Feb 4 2009, 17.59']I guess there are lots of answers for these, but only few that include Martell being innocent. The only one that I can come up with is that he is not that clever as he thinks he is and thought that his arrogant atitude would impress me somehow. :unsure:[/quote]
Well when the questions are the (biased) scenarios that you are creating here, then of course the correct answer is that he is guilty. As for the last line there...pot/kettle/black.

Who, other than Martell, would you vote for to lynch today? (and why)

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1674265' date='Feb 5 2009, 00.10']You've certainly said that. I am not so sure that you have [i]shown [/i]it though.

Well when the questions are the (biased) scenarios that you are creating here, then of course the correct answer is that he is guilty. As for the last line there...pot/kettle/black.

Who, other than Martell, would you vote for to lynch today? (and why)[/quote]
Unfortunatly I won't be here that long, and I will probably leave my vote on martell.

Alternatives?:

Dayne? - Seems to make sense most of the time, but has to post more.

Mertyns? - Obviously not.

Saltcliff - No.

Duncan - Suspicious, willing to vote for him.

Reed - isn't even here, otherwise yes.

Swyft - Not very suspicious (where is he?)

Thorne - either he is still waitung for his mentor or he is behaving suspiciuous on purpose.

It is day 1.

9 players remain: Dayne, Duncan the Tall, Ferren, Martell, Mertyns, Saltcliff, Stonetree, Swift, Thorne.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

4 votes for Stonetree (Swift, Thorne, Martell, Ferren)
1 vote for Dayne (Saltcliff)
1 vote for Martell (Stonetree)
1 vote for Saltcliff (Dayne)
1 vote for Swift (Mertyns)

1 players have not voted: Duncan the Tall.

Approx 4 hours left.

Please remember those of us in the spoilers love hearing about all your secret thoughts / doubts that you don't want to post in the game thread. So feel free to PM me.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1674281' date='Feb 4 2009, 18.19']Why do I feel that I am wasting my time here. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Hm, looks like Ferren just stole your paddle in the middle of your trip up shit creek.

If there is anything else you want to say, I'd do it sooner rather than later. I won't hammer you now, but I might before I leave (about 1 hour from now) if nobody else shows up. As much as I don't want to leave minutes on the clock, the lynch is paramount.

Archived