Mini Mafia - Perfect for new players

Pebble thats Stubby

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1674287' date='Feb 5 2009, 00.23']Hm, looks like Ferren just stole your paddle in the middle of your trip up shit creek.

If there is anything else you want to say, I'd do it sooner rather than later. I won't hammer you now, but I might before I leave (about 1 hour from now) if nobody else shows up. As much as I don't want to leave minutes on the clock, the lynch is paramount.[/quote]
I really would like to see the spoilers before I have to leave, so better lynch me quickly. But have a look at Martell tomorrow, everyone!

I'm here, and i've got to go now as well. I could lynch Stonetree, but I won't, i'm assuming that others will be around to hammer.

I don't think Stonetree's case on [b]Martell[/b] is as bad as everyone's making out. So i'll try to give an alternative lynch choice just in case some people show up.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1674316' date='Feb 4 2009, 18.48']Hello?

You know what's even more unfair than to lynch me for reasons that suck?

To lynch me for reasons that suck and to prevent me to have a look at the spoilers before I leave.

Bastards!!!!!!!!!!! :tantrum:[/quote]
I am feeling a bit badly about having to lynch you, however there aren't any acceptable alternatives at the moment. I looked back through Martell's posts and there isn't enough there for me to consider him as a compromise. If someone else wanted to vote Dayne or vote someone like Duncan or Thorne, then maybe there'd be a little more of a chance for you to avoid the noose.

It is day 1.

9 players remain: Dayne, Duncan the Tall, Ferren, Martell, Mertyns, Saltcliff, Stonetree, Swift, Thorne.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

4 votes for Stonetree (Swift, Thorne, Martell, Ferren)
2 votes for Martell (Stonetree, Mertyns)
1 vote for Dayne (Saltcliff)
1 vote for Saltcliff (Dayne)

1 players have not voted: Duncan the Tall.

Oh even if you are lynched before you leave, your mod may be mean and withhold spoilers anyway. :devil:

It is day 1.

9 players remain: Dayne, Duncan the Tall, Ferren, Martell, Mertyns, Saltcliff, Stonetree, Swift, Thorne.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

5 votes for Stonetree (Swift, Thorne, Martell, Ferren, Dayne)
2 votes for Martell (Stonetree, Mertyns)
1 vote for Dayne (Saltcliff)

1 players have not voted: Duncan the Tall.

[b]Stonetree has been Lynched he was a Killer[/b] and is now a Mod.

It is night Please send in your PM's

At least the CF is good news. If he turned up innocent I would have been a lot more angry than I already am.

Dayne, why did you feel the need to hammer without saying anything first? Was it not obvious enough that I was here and waiting to hammer for some more people to come and discuss the lynch?

YAY!

[quote name='House Saltcliff' post='1674400' date='Feb 4 2009, 20.08']At least the CF is good news. If he turned up innocent I would have been a lot more angry than I already am.

Dayne, why did you feel the need to hammer without saying anything first? Was it not obvious enough that I was here and waiting to hammer for some more people to come and discuss the lynch?[/quote]

What discussion? There was less than two hours left until the end of the day. Besides, does it really matter? We got a killer!

It is day 2.

8 players remain: Dayne, Duncan the Tall, Ferren, Martell, Mertyns, Saltcliff, Swift, Thorne.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

8 players have not voted: Dayne, Duncan the Tall, Ferren, Martell, Mertyns, Saltcliff, Swift, Thorne.

[b]Nobody was murdered last night[/b]

[quote name='House Dayne' post='1674576' date='Feb 4 2009, 23.44']Any healer out there want to come forward with who they healed? Hey, it might be worth it...[/quote]
It might not. An opportunity to prevent another kill is more beneficial than having a CI, for now. And I suppose the person healed isn't in danger of being lynched anyway (otherwise, they won't try to kill him).

Booya! :thumbsup:

Healers definitely shouldn't come forward. That would be silly. It might be worth it but having a healer is worth a LOT more than having a CI who would be NKed if they can't self heal. *Looks at Dayne funny*

Apologies for not being on before lynch last night. Internet troubles.

I will have a more in depth read of what I missed and come forward with my brand new day 2 suspect list.

Looking at Dayne:

Some RP stuff to kick off with.

[quote]I find this a bit suspicious as it's the third or forth time [b]Swift[/b] has added a serious argument to what definitely came off as a joke case. If you find name dropping suspicious, why would you at least not preface that part of your 'case' with the words "joking aside..." or something to that effect?[/quote]

First serious vote is to pick out my non-separation of serious and joke case. I think Dayne doesn't understand that all cases are one case and we have to look at things holistically. Joking aside, I think it is a fairly valid point, but only if you expect people to conform to the same expectations that you have.

[quote]So far I don't think anyone has said anything to lessen my suspicion on them, though a few have said things to heighten it. This post comes off as rather... I don't know the right word -- non-confrontational, wishy-washy, mitigating. Maybe Swift does bring up a good point afterall.[/quote]

Then, when Stonetree says he doesn't suspect me, Dayne calls him wishy-washy. That post didn't seem wishy-washy to me. I mean he clearly stated that he didn't see me as a suspect. He then says that I brought up a good point. Yay. I can only presume it's a different point to the bit that got me the vote. This post could be distancing, then again it might not be.

[quote]I wholeheartedly agree but such is the nature of the game itself. Those who actually take the time and post are usually the first to draw scrutiny. I find Swyft more suspicious than Stonetree at this point, however I have no impression whatsoever on a majority of the players playing.[/quote]

So at this point he has me 1, Stonetree 2.

[quote]You're arguing that people need to contribute more yet encouraging Martell to place a forth(?) vote on Stonetree?
Frankly I think placing another vote on Stonetree at this point with this level of discussion is a little excessive. I agree we need to narrow our focus a bit, but in order to do so we need to hear from everyone.[/quote]

He then tries to get people to stop looking to vote Stonetree. I agree with the point about needing more discussion (I mean I didn't need more discussion, but then again, I am awesome). He wants to narrow focus, but not onto Stonetree. Which implies that he wants people to look at me? Possibly.

[quote]I pointed out that I wasn't certain of what terminology to use. The post just struck me as sort of suspicious. Swyft's voting Stonetree and here Stonetree is saying that he doesn't really suspect Swyft. I think it's way to early to make a call like that.[/quote]

So here he suggests that Stonetree's read on me is wrong, or at least premature. I'm starting to think Dayne really doesn't like me. I must have done something bad. Could it be that I pushed for a case on Stonetree?

Then whoah:

[quote]Ah, sweet silence... fun times.

Lets put some pressure on [b]Thorne[/b] who so far has only contributed this little nugget to the discussion:[quote]Funny Stonetree, I haven't said a word all day, and you yet consider Dunk the Quiet one?

I was upset, I thought it was lady Sophelia who qwas murdered, and it had set me sore wroth. But, I have no idea who Spohellia is?[/quote]
Pointing out that you're more quiet than another quiet player does what for us exactly?
While I'd prefer to lynch based on actual suspicion, failing that I'd be more than happy to lynch someone quiet. [/quote]

People haven't exactly been jumping onto my train, so here he jumps his vote over onto Thorne. For being quiet apparently. I preferred the case on me.

[quote]Ah, I love selective post quoting. I already addressed this in a post (eta: post 105).
If it makes you feel better though I'd be more than happy to lynch either of them today.[/quote]

Oh, he'll vote for either me or Stonetree. That's good to hear. Let's see how this goes.

[quote]Dude, I was responding to your post asking me what I found 'wishy-washy' about Stonetree.
I do find it suspicious, but Swyft's strained attempt to justify his case really stood out to me. One could just be a happy-go-lucky player doing their thing, while the other seems for sure contrived. Ergo, my vote stayed on Swyft.

More suspicious than both those I gotta' say is the way you're misrepresenting what I've been saying. Makes me question your motive for doing so...[/quote]

Saltcliff starts getting under his skin. And he starts casting around for yet another lynch candidate. I thought Saltcliff's questions were justified, and I still don't understand quite why Dayne found Stonetree's post wishy-washy. Besides that it helps with distancing.

[quote]Ok, I'll trust that Thorne intends to contribute more in the future.

[b]Saltcliff [/b]gets my vote.[/quote]

Oh look. Another vote jump. To someone who isn't Stonetree. I guess the Thorne thing didn't manage to work out.

[quote]Well as my FM partner I got to cut him a little slack you know? :rolleyes:
Seriously, why should I keep a vote on someone who has said there are RL reasons for why they aren't active on the thread. It's not a free pass by any means, but I like to trust that people are telling the truth.[/quote]

When grilled about moving off Thorne, he justifies it by pointing out that Thorne had RL reasons for being in absentia. Fair enough.

He then leaves.

Only to return with:

[quote]Alright, I'm back. I'll finish it off. [b]Stonetree[/b].[/quote]

So at this point we had one guy sitting in the thread hoping to get some discussion done, and ready to hammer if necessary to get a lynch. So this was not only unnecessary, but damn suspicious. Could it be a desperate attempt to get on the train to alleviate suspicion? Possibly. If he hadn't been on the train it would have made a mockery of his earlier claims that he was happy to vote Stonetree.

When Saltcliff points out the rush, we get this brush off:

[quote]What discussion? There was less than two hours left until the end of the day. Besides, does it really matter? We got a killer![/quote]

And to kick things off today we get him asking to reveal the healer.

[quote]Any healer out there want to come forward with who they healed? Hey, it might be worth it...[/quote]

This is completely foolish. A healer has much much more value when they are unknown to the killing team. Especially when they are a competent healer who has managed to out think the killing team.

[b]Dayne[/b]

Despite what I consider to be large quantities of evidence, I still have a rankling suspicion that for Dayne to be a FM, he would have to be a really bad FM. But his general play has not been helpful for innocents either, so my vote lies here for now.

I still have a couple of others I want to look at.

Archived