Bakker and Women 4

Sophelia

because the usual "shez stupid because shez stupidz because me say so" doesn't count.

Yep, that's pretty much what a certain broken record sounds like.

Bakker could have easily resorted to Compulsions to make the Inchoroi attractive but I think it is Aurax at the end of TWP.

Why would it being Aurax mean that it's not using Compulsions?

Was it Aurax? I thought the description matches how we always see Aurang and I kind of like the idea that we haven't seen Aurax yet...

Damn I read that article and the Tusk revelation... can't believe he just dropped that in an interview!

Was it Aurax? I thought the description matches how we always see Aurang and I kind of like the idea that we haven't seen Aurax yet...

Damn I read that article and the Tusk revelation... can't believe he just dropped that in an interview!

Isn't that the only instance where we see an Inchoroi in his original body?

Isn't that the only instance where we see an Inchoroi in his original body?

I remember three sightings of Inchoroi in their “current” body (i.e., the form they’ve had for the past millennia.)

1. The epilogue of Warrior Prophet.

2. The False Sun. Identified as Aurang.

3. Flashbacks from Achamian as Nau-Cayuti. Identified as Aurang.

The description of the three bodies is the same. We don’t know how heterogenuous the Inchoroi are, maybe Aurax looks like Aurang, maybe he looks like a turtle with three heads.

The description of the three bodies is the same. We don’t know how heterogenuous the Inchoroi are, maybe Aurax looks like Aurang, maybe he looks like a turtle with three heads.

The former is more likely though, since they are called twins. But most Earwans would probably tell you that all Inchoroi look the same.

But if that one is Aurang, Bakker has to explain how he changes personalities between his Synthese form and this one, and why Aurang as seen in the FS speaks normally compared to one in TWP.

Oh, another sighting that I just thought of:

When the Fellowship enters the halls of Cil-Aujas (sp?) there are 3D murals that depict battles between Nonmen and Inchoroi. As far as I recall, the Inchoroi look like Aurang, but I may be inventing more details than are actually in the text.

No turtles, for sure.

Why would it being Aurax mean that it's not using Compulsions?

Good question - I wasn't clear in my post.

We know that Aurax is the "brains" behind the Tekne and I would imagine Aurax to use this rather than Sorcery in most instances. The Inchoroi at the end of TWP speaks telepathically which we do not see from Aurang. I don't think this telepathy is Sorcery based but Tekne based.

I could be wrong as it is just conjecture on my part but I fully expect the Inchie at the end of TWP is Aurax, all other Inchie we have seen is Aurang. I expect Aurax abilities to differ greatly from Aurang but again this is just my personal opinion.

I just expect them to be different, assuming every Inchoroi modifies itself in different ways. Plus, I would like his absence to build up to something really shocking and disturbing if we have in fact not seen him yet. But what you guys are saying makes sense.

Serwë is one of the only characters - perhaps the only main character - who seems capable of real faith. She is also perhaps the only character who, despite having as horrible a past as any, is able to overcome her own personal history and use her faith and relationship with Kellhus to reforge herself completely. She kind of becomes an embodiment of the Dunyain view of history, in a way :P

Serwë is one of the only characters - perhaps the only main character - who seems capable of real faith. She is also perhaps the only character who, despite having as horrible a past as any, is able to overcome her own personal history and use her faith and relationship with Kellhus to reforge herself completely. She kind of becomes an embodiment of the Dunyain view of history, in a way :P

All good points, but the bolded in particular is what I think Bakker's referring to. Serwe truly believed Kellhus was God, thus helping to make it real. She basically got the ball rolling, causing Kellhus to go from merely pretending to be the God, to actually becoming the God. Serwe and Kellhus's divine connection in that way is what allowed the latter to remove the former's heart (by reaching through the Outside, I think, as WoTK has speculated before). Their souls were "linked" in some way because of Serwe's total, utterly devoted and unflinching belief. She was the very first to do so, and thus ostensibly the most important. That's my theory, anyway. I can't see any other aspect of Serwe's character or arc that would warrant such a heavily loaded comment from RSB.

Archived