Mafia Game 63

House Targaryen

The player under the Ali Mills alt informed me they were feeling very unwell and if I could please find a replacement. Since I have, I'll be replacing them for a different player (but with the same alt).

Thank you to the replacement player for helping out!

[quote name='Hall' post='1721505' date='Mar 17 2009, 10.04']I'd have to agree with Dutch: I'd rather hear your 'gut' suspicions Daniel than nothing at all.[/quote]
Hall, you fail at reading.

I have already made a rather lengthy post outlining my suspicion of Vidal far ahead of Karl. I would not call that "nothing at all". If you're asking for more, again I will reitirate I have not said I will give no more information. I dare you to find where I did. I just want to recap and separate all these avatars that look very similar in my head, because as you may have noticed, I was absent for a rather large section of the day and for meta reasons this is taking a while.

The fact that Daniel has finally come up with two suspects doesn't change the fact that he didn't have any suspcions before. I am surprised that he did expect that naming two suspects after being called for it would make us forget his former gentleness.

I am also a bit puzzled that there has been a discussion about the Cobra's trying to get the referee role on day 1 (which suddenly turned Espinoza into a prime suspect). Still no one has developed that thought any further - if the Cobra's would like to get the referee role on day 1, they wouldn't hesitate to get it on day 2, 3 or 4, wouldn't they? At least the symp should take an active part in trying to grab that role. Unfortunatly it won't be that easy to get the referee role in the following days.

The referee should think about this here a bit before he makes a decision.

------------------------

And now to something completely different:

[quote]John Kreese: You're the Cobra Kai sensei. You advocate a merciless form of Karate that turns your students into bullies and dicks. You act as symp to your two students who participate in the championship. You'll be aware of their identities, but they won't know yours. If you die the CF will have you come up as innocent rather than as Cobra Kai. I[b]f your two students are eliminated from the championship you will lose the game and be beat up by Miyagi in the parking lot.[/b][/quote]

I'd like to remember Mr Miyagi that I am NOT KREESE!!!!!!!!!! :leaving:

Hi all, i'm here and re-reading. :)

Just a quick thought on players posting quickly to get the referee role, and apologies if this has been said already, but I don't see this as a thing that would be more likely for an evil person to do than a good person. I'd have done it at the start of the day, had I been around, and if there's another opportunity i'll go for it. Not that I think i'd make a particularly great ref, but if i'm the ref, a bad guy isn't.

[quote name='Daniel LaRusso' post='1721536' date='Mar 17 2009, 00.34']?

Kreese, if that is your fake name, do you think it's the first poster every day who becomes Referee for the day?[/quote]
No, I think it's the player who sounds the most reasonable who will become the next Referee. That's why it's much harder to get the role in the future. And that's why everyone who sounds logical and friendly might be more likely evil than in a usual mafia game.

[quote name='Espinoza' post='1721543' date='Mar 17 2009, 00.39']Johnny L is my top choice. Pros and cons please? I have over 2 1/2 hours left.[/quote]
Unsurprisingly I am fine with that.

Although a line like this

*stares at Ali with his steel blue eyes*

would have motivated the chick to reread the thread a bit faster. ;)

ETA: just in case - if Jonny should turn up and reveal a good role, who would be your second choice?

[quote name='Kreese' post='1721546' date='Mar 16 2009, 19.45']Unsurprisingly I am fine with that.

Although a line like this

*stares at Ali with his steel blue eyes*

would have motivated the chick to reread the thread a bit faster. ;)

ETA: just in case - if Jonny should turn up and reveal a good role, who would be your second choice?[/quote]

No clue yet. I hate making the choice, making two is even harder. I'll keep reading and see who I like least. I am not committed to the idea of lynching Vilad. Posts make me want to slap him a little, but gut says he might be innocent.

I will go to bed soon. Before that I'd like to throw this idea here into the ring:

If some of the top suspects should own the Championship Committe role, they should probably reveal tomorrow to reduce the suspect pool. Right now I am thinking about Karl, Vidal and possibly Ali.

[quote name='Kreese' post='1721527' date='Mar 16 2009, 18.27']I am also a bit puzzled that there has been a discussion about the Cobra's trying to get the referee role on day 1 (which suddenly turned Espinoza into a prime suspect). Still no one has developed that thought any further - if the Cobra's would like to get the referee role on day 1, they wouldn't hesitate to get it on day 2, 3 or 4, wouldn't they? At least the symp should take an active part in trying to grab that role. Unfortunatly it won't be that easy to get the referee role in the following days.[/quote]

OK, you already clarified what you meant by this point. I don't disagree per say but I can't see a FM working any harder at being logical and agreeable than in any other game. Some suceed at doing this, others fail, but I think it's something most FM strive for :P

[quote name='Ali Mills' post='1721541' date='Mar 16 2009, 18.38']Just a quick thought on players posting quickly to get the referee role, and apologies if this has been said already, but I don't see this as a thing that would be more likely for an evil person to do than a good person. I'd have done it at the start of the day, had I been around, and if there's another opportunity i'll go for it. Not that I think i'd make a particularly great ref, but if i'm the ref, a bad guy isn't.[/quote]

I got to admit if I were on when the game started I would have probably made an attempt too (for the same reason you state). That said, I do think there's an argument to be made for the FM/symp to at least be present to bid for the role. It would be a pretty significant day one advantage for them.
It's not so much that Espinoza received the role that makes me suspect him -- though it does factor in somewhat -- but his reaction to receiving it and his reaction to my accusation.

ETA: Maybe it's just my short term memory but Johnny doesn't really stick out for me at all. What's the main reason people suspect him?

[quote name='Kreese' post='1721558' date='Mar 17 2009, 11.00']I will go to bed soon. Before that I'd like to throw this idea here into the ring:

If some of the top suspects should own the Championship Committe role, they should probably reveal tomorrow to reduce the suspect pool. Right now I am thinking about Karl, Vidal and possibly Ali.[/quote]
As bad as it might be to say it, I think Ali needs some leniency for now. The [i]mod[/i] said they were replaced for health reasons. We can afford to let them ride for one day.

[quote name='Kreese' post='1721558' date='Mar 16 2009, 20.00']I will go to bed soon. Before that I'd like to throw this idea here into the ring:

If some of the top suspects should own the Championship Committe role, they should probably reveal tomorrow to reduce the suspect pool. Right now I am thinking about Karl, Vidal and possibly Ali.[/quote]
No.

Eta: it send before I was ready, dammit.

I don't think we need the baddies knowing right now. That would serve no purpose but to hasten thier demise at night.

Eta X 2: At least wait until tomorrow morning. Because unless it is Johnny, there really is no point.

[quote name='Hall' post='1721560' date='Mar 16 2009, 20.04']ETA: Maybe it's just my short term memory but Johnny doesn't really stick out for me at all. What's the main reason people suspect him?[/quote]

Johnny L: 9 posts; two to say he is here; two that say nothing; then the makes the weird comment about Hall being a symp; and the rest of his posts also say little. Not a lot, but his “hello, I am late, look at me posts really bother me. He seems to try to draw attention to himself without actually doing anything to upset anyone.

So, mainly gut.

[quote name='Daniel LaRusso' post='1721561' date='Mar 17 2009, 01.04']As bad as it might be to say it, I think Ali needs some leniency for now. The [i]mod[/i] said they were replaced for health reasons. We can afford to let them ride for one day.[/quote]
The whole next day? :stunned:

Ehm, no. We cannot afford that. I expect that Ali should be prepared by tomorrow morning. But she can keep my photos (which have nothing to do with original Ali becoming sick).

[i]BTW: Get well soon, original Ali!!!!!!!![/i]

Archived