Lost season 5 part 3

Fatuous

[quote name='Fatuous' post='1757234' date='Apr 16 2009, 12.02']"Overcharge" the EM field of the Island. Think of it kind of like the ultimate reset button, like what Desmond's Key turning did. I don't know if they all have been saturated enough with the "pink rays" but I guess we'll find out soon.[/quote]
I got my second biggest laugh of the week thinking about Kate actually figuring out something like this and putting the plan into motion.

[quote name='Solana Tarth' post='1757229' date='Apr 16 2009, 17.00']I could have sworn at the begining of S5E1 "Because You Left", when Chang does his morning routine, he refers to his child as Miles. I was pretty dumbfounded when Miles said, "He's my Dad" and they made it out to be so 'shocking' because we already knew that from the first episode.

Can anyone comfirm this?[/quote]

No he doesn't. He doesn't say anything until he starts filming the video.

[quote name='Ran' post='1757220' date='Apr 16 2009, 11.56']Err.... how would she do this, exactly? I mean, how would [i]you[/i] figure out a way to get to the present?

I'd have no clue. Other than the unlikely happening (and sure, it happens on the Island, but I've no control over that), the only way for me to get to the present will be the usual, slow way, and I'd just have to resign myself to that.[/quote]

Ha, ok, this is true. The only method of time travel known seems to be the donkey wheel, and that would be admittedly hard to get to. Still, if everyone came back to the island for a personal reason, then it stands that they'd be upset that the reason they thought they'd come back for was false (saving those left behind) or that they would want to do more than just hang out in Dharmaville. This is one of the reasons I think last week's episode (Dead is Dead) was the best in a while: The main characters were really driving the action instead of sitting around passively. Still, I've really enjoyed this season; I'm looking forward to the action finally ratcheting up at Dharma ville, is all.

One thing I liked about this episode a lot is how the Incident is being set up. It looks like it's going to completely screw up the island- cause the pregnancy issue, cause Miles to see dead people, make Chang force his wife and son off the island, and, if the numbers just began as a serial number, perhaps turn them crazy as well.

I'd love for Chang to go bonkers with the "Sickness" and have that force them from the Island.

If the tooth filling was magnetized, what was it made out of? Nickel?

American fillings are usually made out of mercury, silver, tin and copper. I don't know how magnetic they would be. In former communist countries fillings were often made out of stainless steal. I thought I heard the construction crews speaking a foreign language.

The new black jumpers being worn...rather obvious that they aren't exactly good guys, tho. Good to see Daniel back!

I thought it was interesting that Bram was unmasked, yet his two goons were. Maybe they are people we've seen before?

Just saw this. Good episode. I loved that Hurley finally gets through to Miles by saying "Dude, make up with your dad, or we get stuck dealing with fucking EWOKS!".

I agree that the past is a bit listless, but really, what ARE any of them gonna do about it? Their kinda fucked and have no way of fixing their situation. Although Sawyer's lies are quickly building up to the point where he can't sustain them anymore.

As for the 3rd faction, I'm also thinking DHARMA. Although the "What's lies ...." bit sounds extremely cultish, so I wonder what they've become in the intervening 15+ years. Although I can't see why DHARMA would become some sort of villainous group. Or why their intentions would be bad in the "Bad for the world" kind of way. Largely they were just bad for the Others.

As for the 3rd faction, I'm also thinking DHARMA. Although the "What's lies ...." bit sounds extremely cultish, so I wonder what they've become in the intervening 15+ years. Although I can't see why DHARMA would become some sort of villainous group. Or why their intentions would be bad in the "Bad for the world" kind of way. Largely they were just bad for the Others.

You don't think Dharma is a villainous group already in the '70s? At least on the island they seem pretty villainous to me.

Archived