A Memory of Light (Vols I & II & III) Thread Three: The Arguments Reborn

Zoë Sumra

I've got a print interview with him from 1996 where he promised he'd have his computer reformatted five times and then smashed up with a hammer to stop anyone finishing the story.

Ahaha! Thanks, I knew that bit of information was true.

Anyway from this interview apart from Jordan's initial reluctance to have other writers play in his universe it does prove that RJ had already outlined the series. He has actually been saying for years that he had the ending outlined from the beginning of the series. That's why we have all the prophecies and such, I guess?

Just think, if he hadn't wasted his time writing so much extended crap like Elayne's bath scene and the slow-moving circus, then he could have written the ending himself. :leaving:

P.S. Sanderson saved me from having to mail all those WoT books back to Tor.

P.P.S. The WoT paperbacks are crap their covers came unglued even before I finished reading. Not that I *liked* the cheesy covers anyway.

only because he was so close to the end anyway (or so he thought).

The man thought he was close to the end for 10 years. The splitting of AMoL just confirmed everything I already knew when he made his ridiculous statements about finishing in one book no matter how big it was... the man was completely delusional and lieing to himself.

Archived