Dating

Guest Raidne

Do what you like. Though in retrospect, I should've clarified that it was me and not the motorcycle wearing the kilt.

What's even better about this is that I did it on New Year's Eve. Yes, it WAS very cold.

Do what you like. Though in retrospect, I should've clarified that it was me and not the motorcycle wearing the kilt.

What's even better about this is that I did it on New Year's Eve. Yes, it WAS very cold.

I ride a Vespa with a utilikilt with a fair amount of frequency. The trick is to sit in such a fashion that the kilt settles around you, rather than being trapped under your butt. If it's point forward, the wind'll whip it up around your waist, see...but if it's just hanging down, it just blows against your thighs.

I knew what you meant.

Still, I think for best effect, you'd need a very traditional looking plaid kilt. Something that's obviously a Scottish pattern.

Though, are you referring to the type of motorcycle where you're hunched over and emphasizing speed, or the more Harley style motorcycle where you're sitting upright and going for comfort? (I'm not nearly proficient enough with motorcycles to know if those two styles have a specific name/term to identify them.)

Though, are you referring to the type of motorcycle where you're hunched over and emphasizing speed, or the more Harley style motorcycle where you're sitting upright and going for comfort? (I'm not nearly proficient enough with motorcycles to know if those two styles have a specific name/term to identify them.)
It was this bike, which is a cruiser (sit up) style bike. Not my actual bike, but it's the same model.

I don't even know what a utilikilt is and frankly I don't want to.

Jean shorts should never be worn by men! And unless hiking or working out, sandels should be worn with shorts.

Ain't gonna happen. I hate sandals with a passion. Jean shorts too.

Is it okay if I wear tennis shoes with normal shorts?

I don't even know what a utilikilt is and frankly I don't want to.

Ain't gonna happen. I hate sandals with a passion. Jean shorts too.

Is it okay if I wear tennis shoes with normal shorts?

But, don't your feet get hot? That is really the reason why I think sandals should be worn with shorts. But then again I'm kind of a hippie and hate wearing shoes when it is nice out.

Finished trawling through pages and pages of sock fashion discussion, with only Xray's av for illustration, and now have to run. First things first, though.

I was extremely fashionable in the '80s, you know. :cool: White trainers, huge hoop earrings, air force jacket, incredibly distressed jeans, bangles from wrist to elbow... well, I thought I was fashionable anyway. :P

Pictures anytime :P

A very, very unimportant part. Can you not understand that certain things are weighted more heavily than others? Someone who weights sock color as being just as important as say, physical fitness, personal hygiene, or some other aspect of appearance that actually does comment on one's habits is probably extraordinarily critical, and probably not a lot of fun to be around.

I read what you have to say, aghrivaine, then I look at your av and I imagine you as a painted monkey wearing a utilikilt and driving a Vespa. Somehow said monkey doesn't look like he's handing out tickets for the fashion police, you know?

A girl from my school just asked me if I had a girlfriend. When I responded "no" she asked if I had a boyfriend. This made me laugh at first but then I'm like "why?" She said it didn't make sense that I wouldn't be dating anyone otherwise (this girl has admitted that she likes me).

Is this a real dating-type issue in the sock thread? :wideeyed: Maybe you could just avoid her. Or ask someone else out so you have something to tell her.

I don't know about what its like where you guys live, but when I roll over to the socks section of a store, there are stacks and stacks and stacks of white socks. If it was so widely known that white socks were the devil, I figure they wouldn't be moving quite so many white socks.

People go to movies with Zac Efron in them too, but that doesn't make it right.

As I write this I am sitting in university, wearing white socks, white linen trousers, white linen shirt (not a formal shirt tho, more like a party shirt - not thugged in too). With risk of going to hell for the sin of vanity, I have to say that anyone, who possesses a shred of fashion sense, who sees me now, will admit that the combination not only matches, but makes me look great.

You left out what kind of shoes you're wearing, btw.

I was wrong before. THIS is why the terrorists hate us. And also why your entire contribution to this thread should be discounted.

Just for this, I'll apologize for the Jane Fonda'ing. :kiss:

Nice. Get many funny looks from people as you rode in your kilt?
I think they were too busy looking at the hot legs of the passenger.

And really, when you're on a big black motorcycle wearing boots and a leather jacket and a kilt in winter, people tend to not look at you more than once. It's kind of a funny phenomenon, actually.

I think they were too busy looking at the hot legs of the passenger.

And really, when you're on a big black motorcycle wearing boots and a leather jacket and a kilt in winter, people tend to not look at you more than once. It's kind of a funny phenomenon, actually.

Damnit. So much for my plans for a mass-mobile kilt mind fuck.

Those guys are plants. The picture is from the Fl-Ga game and it's obvious they want to make Gator fans look bad. Since Florida has one 16 of the last 19 times Georgia has become obsessed with the Gators and to make themselves feel better they claim all Florida fans wear jean shorts. It's sorta like Republicans and Obama's teleprompter.

:lol: Yea I figured they were probably Georgia fans. I have heard that Gator fans wear jorts thing quite a bit over the last couple years, but mostly from Georgia fans. I have to admit that part of the reason I posted that was to see if either you or thehoundrules were paying attention.

Anyway, this thread is no longer sufficiently flammable, so I submit: shorts are for children.

I know that Maryland gets hot n' stuff but man.....spend a summer in the Deep South without shorts. You might reconsider.

Guest Raidne
I know that Maryland gets hot n' stuff but man.....spend a summer in the Deep South without shorts. You might reconsider.

I wear skirts in the summer. You all can just...suffer. :)

Honestly, though, Houston was too hot for shorts even. You should reconsider this whole kilt thing.

Archived