BWB Members as Extras

Myrddin

:D

Yeah, I know most of us can't make it to Ireland, but it'd be cool if some BWB members could be an extra.

Like a reward for the people knighted by George during World Con. ;)

(no, I haven't been knighted, even though I was in Denver last year)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know who the casting agency is? I live in Dublin & the set location will only be a 2-hour drive away. :cool:

We expect photos... ;)

I think, if you go over to the Winter Is Coming blog, someone from a Dublin casting agency posted there recently to talk a little bit about the Paint Hall and reassure us that the show is in good hands. I'm not sure that they mentioned the name of their agency, but you might be able to get in touch with them, if you're interested?

I'd add a link to the post, but I'm in a bit of a rush right now. I'll find it a bit later unless you've already found it by then.

Just to clarify, the individual was actually a member of a Belfast casting agency. Unfortunately they posted anonymously and they don't mention what agency. They did, however, mention they worked on City of Ember so if you can find out which agency supplied extras for that film you could figure it out. I'm sure there aren't too many casting agencies in Belfast anyway.

Oh, almost forgot, here is the link. Scroll all the way down to see the comment. http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/2009/...-n-ireland.html

Yes! The extras agency is called Extras NI, www.extrasni.com. They hold official registration days, although it doesn't say how often. They also say, that when you register, you must bring your National Insurance number with you. This is the British equivalent of Social Security Numbers in the US. Unfortunately, people in Southern Ireland (Republic) don't have National Insurance numbers. Ack! But, since I've been working in the UK for the last three years, I HAVE ONE! YES! Forgive me for going Batshit here! Yes!

Too bad there isn't an abundance of dead bodies in the pilot. But we might still be needed when they start filming Whispering Wood. I'm certainly up for a little trip to Ireland, if I'm guaranteed a spot as that dead guy#12 on the left :)

Yes! The extras agency is called Extras NI, www.extrasni.com. They hold official registration days, although it doesn't say how often. They also say, that when you register, you must bring your National Insurance number with you. This is the British equivalent of Social Security Numbers in the US. Unfortunately, people in Southern Ireland (Republic) don't have National Insurance numbers. Ack! But, since I've been working in the UK for the last three years, I HAVE ONE! YES! Forgive me for going Batshit here! Yes!

Nice bit of detective work there mediaeval!

It is indeed Extras NI that I'm with and have been since they formed two years ago. I've worked on a number of films (Miss Conception, Closing The Ring, WAZ, Fifty Dead Men Walking etc) and a load of TV shows. I have to say that they are a great agency to work for. Before they formed, the extra community in NI was very unorganised.

To stand a chance of being in GOT you would need to register them or one of the other smaller agencies (but I am confident that Extras NI will get the gig as they have a proven track record on large projects such as 'City of Ember' which supplied over 400 extras for a scene once and was very well run - that was a mad day!)

I'm doing a bit of work for them on a TV show in Belfast on Monday so I'll ask around to see if anyone knows anything.

Believe it or not - I first heard about the GOT project last december when working on the 'George Best' film. I asked the make-up artist if there was anything on the horizon and she said that something 'huge' was coming that could potentially keep us extras in work for 5 years. She also advised me to go and learn how to ride a horse as she mentioned one scene that had nearly 100 horses in it. At that point I didn't know what fantasy show it would turn out to be.

I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything.

Thanks, Rimshot :)

If only I lived in Northern Ireland...

I think a dead body is about the most I could manage, mind you. I couldn't even get more than a chorus part in my school plays.

Rimshot. Thanks for the info. I suppose that they only hire people from NI.

Wouldn´t they prefer enrolling someone who lived in NI and were available for more than one project.

Or do you think it would be at all possible to get an extra job, if you were from another EU-country and willing to travel to NI just to be in this show.

Or is it completely unrealistic?

Rimshot. Thanks for the info. I suppose that they only hire people from NI.

Wouldn´t they prefer enrolling someone who lived in NI and were available for more than one project.

Or do you think it would be at all possible to get an extra job, if you were from another EU-country and willing to travel to NI just to be in this show.

Or is it completely unrealistic?

I'm afraid the extras agencies won't be interested in putting someone on their books who only wants to work on GOT. They require people to be available at short notice for a range of jobs throughout the year.

When you are a member of an extras agency you can't ask to be on a certain production.

The only way I can see is if some people on here got a petition together or somehow asked the producers if it was possible for a small number of forum members to get extra roles. Maybe they could run a competition (all publicity is good publicity!). I'm sure they could sort something out with the extras agency to allow, say, 6 winners to be in the show (provided they pay their own way of course).

If someone on here has a connection with the production department then maybe they could suggest it? (could be a voting thing maybe?)

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but we're getting close to the start of filming for the pilot and I was curious if anyone's heard any new news regarding extra casting?

I've done a few google searches but all they've turned up is the same story from "Winters-Coming". Does anyone know if the extra casting will in fact be supplied entirely by clients of Extras NI, or is there any chance this late in the game of there still being an open casting call for the large crowd scenes?

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but we're getting close to the start of filming for the pilot and I was curious if anyone's heard any new news regarding extra casting?

I've done a few google searches but all they've turned up is the same story from "Winters-Coming". Does anyone know if the extra casting will in fact be supplied entirely by clients of Extras NI, or is there any chance this late in the game of there still being an open casting call for the large crowd scenes?

If you go to www.extrasni.com now you will see a casting call for Game Of Thrones. They stated that they will probably resuse the 'character' faces that they used on 'Your Highness' (good news for me as I did a week's work on YH) and they specifically need confident male horseriders aged 16-60.

And so it begins...

If you go to www.extrasni.com now you will see a casting call for Game Of Thrones. They stated that they will probably resuse the 'character' faces that they used on 'Your Highness' (good news for me as I did a week's work on YH) and they specifically need confident male horseriders aged 16-60.

And so it begins...

Thanks for the heads up. Sadly, I can't tell one end of a horse from the other. If only they desperately needed ice hockey players...

Archived