blog of ice and fire

kencantsleep

I think he's a first time reader, but either way he's very funny. I'm glad I saw this.

Totally. It's a great read. I have it bookmarked and will check in every now and then, to give him time to accumulate a few posts between reads.

Totally. It's a great read. I have it bookmarked and will check in every now and then, to give him time to accumulate a few posts between reads.

threadjack

Was the Sedaris thing you wanted to read the one about the cough drop on the airplane?

/threadjack

Was the Sedaris thing you wanted to read the one about the cough drop on the airplane?

:lol: I was originally pimping Crybaby (which was the source of my other sig), but then really wanted to pimp the cough drop one but was too drunk to do so. If you read the cough drop story, that one is absolutely one of my favorites and you inadvertently read my mind. Unless I totally mentioned it and just don't remember, which is entirely possible as your post just reminded me that that conversation ever took place. :P

/threadjack

You linked it in chat, but I wasn't sure if that was the one. I'm in the New Yorker archives reading the new one about the train now.

Don't feel bad about forgetting; you should see what I did to the chat thread last night. :P

Also: blog of ice and fire fans, this David Sedaris cat is a pretty awesome read, too.

Eddard disagrees with a lot of what Robert says and does, and would rather be back in Winterfell. Instead, he's trudging south with a caravan composed of people he can't trust and a King who won't listen. It sucks, but it could be worse -- at least he's not Jon Arryn.

Tyrion chose to go north, and he seems far more like a Stark than a Lannister. He and Sansa should just switch families.

This will blow his mind once he finishes the series and goes back to read over his thoughts. I wonder how he will react to the major events.

Also, this made me laugh pretty hard:

The end of the [Dany] chapter is very significant -- she is symbolically seizing control by becoming the rider instead of the mount. It’s also the first (and hopefully last) time I feel glad that a tiny thirteen-year-old was impregnated through public, animalistic sex with a gigantic horse lord.

http://blogoficeandfire.blogspot.com/

lets hope he keeps it going for the full four books, because it's keeping me interested until ADWD. interesting style too, very sarcastic and snarky, which frankly is refreshing from how most fans discuss this series. hopefully nobody spoils it for him in the comments.

Thanks for posting this Ken :thumbsup: the blog is most entertaining I had to read the entire archive

:hat:

Yeah, thanks for the link, this is very entertaining to read indeed :D

And the next chapter is Catelyn seizing Tyrion at the crossroads inn. I wonder what he'll think of that

Thanks for posting this Ken :thumbsup: the blog is most entertaining I had to read the entire archive

:hat:

I take it all back Ken :thumbsdown: now not only am I feverishly waiting for ADWD but I also have to keep checking in for the latest Blog entry :bang:

Mind you

Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief.* . . . . . . . .

* out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist

is a classic :hat:

Oh, good! A new entry as of June 1. This guy's blog is the perfect filler whilst we wait for aDwD. Funny, talented writer...

"Because Sandor’s burned face and nonchalant murders aren’t scary enough, we meet his brother Gregor, who is armed with even more size, strength, and brutality. He even has a more goon-ish name. Martin should always write his name in caps. GREGOR."

(I mean, don't you just know that from now on til the end of the series, he's going to capitalize GREGOR's name? lol...)

"Is Cat really just going to take him back to Winterfell and execute him? Before she does that she should send a raven to Jon Snow with a letter that reads “I arrested your dwarf friend, he’s going on trial for murder. It should have been you."

:lol:

I love how he balances sarcasm with humor.

"Both Cleganes make the final four of the tournament, along with Jaime and the “Knight of Flowers†Loras Tyrell, who gives a red rose to Sansa. She’s instantly smitten by his metrosexual charm ... "

He doesn't miss a thing, does he 0o

Archived