Photoshoppers - Show Us The Cast

About Yea High

Oh god.

The inner fangirl in me is squeeing. This show will get more viewers than True Blood.

Although I would love that to be the case, I'm not sure if thats realistic. True Blood has record breaking viewership for HBO, it also has what I call "The Twilight Factor". Take it as you will, but as many people have pointed out, there is not even a guarantee that the show will be picked up. :leaving:

-Continuation From Last Post-

By "Twilight Factor", I mean this: the Twilight fanaticism was a perfect indication to HBO and others that Vampirism Romance had a sustainable and marketable viewership. I do not have the proof, but I am sure that many Twilight fans jumped on to True Blood rather quickly. Speaking of which, this presents both negatives and positives for A Game of Thrones potential future at HBO.

If you were to look at HBO's recent past history, you would find that HBO had the largest overall viewership (between shows) when it was running new episodes of The Sopranos, The Wire, and Rome at the same time. However, if I were to hazard a guess, at that time HBO was probably spending the most amount of cash in the channels history. More cash spent, even with a larger viewership, can mean slimmer profits.

We also know that A Game of Thrones has some thick competition with securing a spot on the network. David Simmon's (Creator and Showrunner of The Wire) has Treme in the process, and is most likely assured a spot at HBO. Boardwalk Empire is vastly similar to both Deadwood and Rome via the show's focus on a specific culture, place, and time period. Treme will most likely focus it's costs on a very large cast; however, Boardwalk Empire will have a large and prominent cast, a very very large set, intricate costumes, and effects.

If A Game of Thrones was not a factor during this time it would simply make sense that HBO would once again have a 'trinity' (True Blood, Treme (replacing The Wire), and Boardwalk Empire (replacing Rome)). However, A Game of Thrones is here and has the makings for a potential sustainable mass viewership also. A Game of Thrones would also cost a pretty penny. We all know that there are vast battles (which entail effects and CGI), intricate character, set, and costume designs, as well as a huge cast. Lastly, there is the fact that it will be running a total of 7 seasons, of which the last 3 books that they are based on are nowhere near finished.

Any person should easily see that A Game of Thrones is NOT assured a spot at HBO; though, on the flip side, there are also some good indications that it might also be picked up. Recent pop-culture has indicated a vast interest in the fantasy genre. Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings movies, Twilight, True Blood, Comic Book movies, heck, even the Narnia movies did okay (not saying anything against Narnia here, just buffering my argument). I believe Werthead indicated that HBO is now looking into a Science-Fiction based series to pair off with A Game of Thrones. The Tudors success suggests that court and political intrigue is also, for lack of a better word, intriguing to the masses. Lastly, of course, is the fact that GRRM's books are well written, have a large base fandom, and share overlapping qualities with past entertainment successes.

So while it is not assured that A Game of Thrones will make it on to HBO, or even then make it 7 seasons, it is also clear that there is a likelyhood that it will do just that. :cheers:

Jennifer Ehle as Catelyn Stark

Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen (I made poor Harry's lips all pinky like that because, well, because its creepy and Viserys is the ultimate creep. Sorry, Harry!)

ETA: I took the images down. Given the climate, the fun's gone...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/jol...leasCatelyn.jpg

Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen (I made poor Harry's lips all pinky like that because, well, because its creepy and Viserys is the ultimate creep. Sorry, Harry!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/jol...oydviserys2.jpg

those might be the two worst photoshops i've seen in my entire life.

Hi,

I am from Russian ASOIAF boards and we had been photoshopping dream-cast for a while. So when the real names were announced we photoshopped them as well :)

Gallery

We have already

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister

Sean Bean as Eddard Stark

Kit Harington as Jon Snow

Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen

NEW

Joffrey Baratheon - Jack Gleeson

And just for fun you can also browse our dream-cast galleries where you can find Kidman, Jolie and Jovovich as Cersei and Holloway as Jaime.

Gallery1

Gallery2

Enjoy!

-Continuation From Last Post-

By "Twilight Factor", I mean this: the Twilight fanaticism was a perfect indication to HBO and others that Vampirism Romance had a sustainable and marketable viewership. I do not have the proof, but I am sure that many Twilight fans jumped on to True Blood rather quickly. Speaking of which, this presents both negatives and positives for A Game of Thrones potential future at HBO.

If you were to look at HBO's recent past history, you would find that HBO had the largest overall viewership (between shows) when it was running new episodes of The Sopranos, The Wire, and Rome at the same time. However, if I were to hazard a guess, at that time HBO was probably spending the most amount of cash in the channels history. More cash spent, even with a larger viewership, can mean slimmer profits.

We also know that A Game of Thrones has some thick competition with securing a spot on the network. David Simmon's (Creator and Showrunner of The Wire) has Treme in the process, and is most likely assured a spot at HBO. Boardwalk Empire is vastly similar to both Deadwood and Rome via the show's focus on a specific culture, place, and time period. Treme will most likely focus it's costs on a very large cast; however, Boardwalk Empire will have a large and prominent cast, a very very large set, intricate costumes, and effects.

If A Game of Thrones was not a factor during this time it would simply make sense that HBO would once again have a 'trinity' (True Blood, Treme (replacing The Wire), and Boardwalk Empire (replacing Rome)). However, A Game of Thrones is here and has the makings for a potential sustainable mass viewership also. A Game of Thrones would also cost a pretty penny. We all know that there are vast battles (which entail effects and CGI), intricate character, set, and costume designs, as well as a huge cast. Lastly, there is the fact that it will be running a total of 7 seasons, of which the last 3 books that they are based on are nowhere near finished.

Any person should easily see that A Game of Thrones is NOT assured a spot at HBO; though, on the flip side, there are also some good indications that it might also be picked up. Recent pop-culture has indicated a vast interest in the fantasy genre. Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings movies, Twilight, True Blood, Comic Book movies, heck, even the Narnia movies did okay (not saying anything against Narnia here, just buffering my argument). I believe Werthead indicated that HBO is now looking into a Science-Fiction based series to pair off with A Game of Thrones. The Tudors success suggests that court and political intrigue is also, for lack of a better word, intriguing to the masses. Lastly, of course, is the fact that GRRM's books are well written, have a large base fandom, and share overlapping qualities with past entertainment successes.

So while it is not assured that A Game of Thrones will make it on to HBO, or even then make it 7 seasons, it is also clear that there is a likelyhood that it will do just that. :cheers:

Just as a note on the budget due in part to CGI...if you guys and gals haven't already seen District 9 you need to check it out. Some of the best, seamlessly integrated CGI to date and that movie (understand it's not as large as GoT) was made for about $34M.

I am from Russian ASOIAF forum and we had been photoshopping dream-cast for a while.

In Russia, shop photos you!

(Sorry. It won't happen again.)

Those are cool. Now I wish I could read Russian. What's even cooler is the international appeal this story seems to have. You would expect America, Canada, the U.K. ... but we get contributions from all over Europe, South America, Scandinavia...

I think it's great.

Welcome!

Hi,

I am from Russian ASOIAF forum and we had been photoshopping dream-cast for a while. So when the real names were announced we photoshopped them as well :)

Gallery

We have already

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister

Sean Bean as Eddard Stark

Kit Harington as Jon Snow

Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen

And just for fun you can also browse our dream-cast galleries where you can find Kidman, Jolie and Jovovich as Cersei and Holloway as Jaime.

Gallery1

Gallery2

Enjoy!

Whoa nice! These are really impressive. Thankyou Russian SOIAF fans. :cheers:

And what´s up with the scar by the eye.

He nearly gets his eye ripped out by that skinchanger eagle in the later books. That photoshop is supposed to be him once he's been out in the wild for a while.

Those are cool. Now I wish I could read Russian. What's even cooler is the international appeal this story seems to have. You would expect America, Canada, the U.K. ... but we get contributions from all over Europe, South America, Scandinavia...

I think it's great.

Welcome!

Thanks! We will try to add English titles to all pictures, so it would be easier to navigate through gallery.

Whoa nice! These are really impressive. Thankyou Russian SOIAF fans

Archived