Belfast signing 3rd November

Silverstar

Woohoo! Turns out my business trip's not till the next day, so I'll be seeing you all at this. Have booked the day off and all :)

Romulocks (and others asking about distances between hostels/Easons/McHughs): Pretty much all the locations being discussed are within about 5-10 minutes' walk of each other.

Blimey! This has really caught on!

McHughs won't know what hit it!!

Is there a 'Brotherhood' toast that I should learn beforehand??

It seems Belfast will be the centre of the GRRM universe for one night.

Can't wait.

Alright I have contacted the Linen House and they confirm that the 10 bed dorm is available which we can book for just ourselves. The price is Ă‚ÂŁ10 per person per night.

If you want in then please post here with the dates you wish to stay and send me an email to sermountaingoat at googlemail dot com with your full real name for the booking, but do include your board name so I know who you are. I say email rather than PM because my inbox is rather full and I just don't want to have to clear out some good old mails.

I'm coming for the second and the third thanks.

Hi everyone,

i just booked the flight to be there for the signing and the moot. So please add me to the list :-)

I'm planing to stay at the Belfast International Youth Hostel. Anyone who wants to share a room/dorm please write me a mail (adog [at] gmx.net). For more infos about the hostel: HI Belfast. Location and route starting from Mc Hugh's: Map

Looking really forward this event!

Alex :smoking:

Just thought I'd post a few useful links.

Several people have already mentioned the Belfast International Youth Hostel (nr Shaftesbury Square), it's easy walking distance from the city centre.

http://www.hini.org.uk/hostels/belfast.cfm

To get a look at Belfast's layout, here are a couple of vids:

Belfast's rooftops as seen from the "big wheel" in summer 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/user/orbzine#p/u/7/-XL1MvL80SM

QE2's visit to Belfast Harbour (Thompson Dry Dock, where RMS Titanic was built)

http://www.youtube.com/user/orbzine#p/u/6/cbcOW27inSs

If you're spending a few days in Belfast and are interested in knowing what local events are on, check out Studio NI:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/studio-ni/messages

If anyone is thinking of visiting Dublin, a Belfast-Dublin return ticket on the bus costs STLG 18.80 (up from the historical price of STLG 16.90). The bus journey is about 2 1/2 hours.

If you're interested in attending Octocon 2010 (GRRM will be GoH), you can get an idea of what it's like from the OctoCon 2009 Report.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/studio-ni/message/3740

Good luck!

I still need confirmation from a few people who have failed to check in since I posted the price and details.

I will send out some PMs today in the hope this will remind them to log in and check this thread again. Hopefully they have all posted at least three times otherwise I won't be able to send them a PM and if they don't check back I will not be reserving a place for them. But I get the impression that the Linen House will not have a problem with people turning up randomly needing somewhere to stay but they may not be able to get in at the group rate we have or be dormed in the same room with us.

I will try and get everything confirmed and booked by Monday if I can.

Since I will not be there on the 2nd it will be up to those of you that are to get in there and claim the dorm, they will have your names. I don't know what time everyone is getting in but there are quite a few of you so you might want to consider making plans for where to go or a time to meet up at the hostel or something.

I get in just after 10 am on the 3rd and Silverstar arrives about half hour before I do so we will share a cab from the City Airport to the Linen House and meet you all there. We could probably grab some lunch before going to the signing.

We will be getting off the train at 3:15 pm, so I imagine we'll be at the hostel checking in no later than 3:45 pm on the 2nd. If anyone is interested in strolling around the city on the night of the 2nd, we can just plan to leave around 5:00 pm. Get something to eat, get our bearings around the city, etc.

Depending on the traffic situation and assuming the flight isn't delayed, I think me and Williamjm should be there by 7pm or so. Grabbing something to eat after that could be a good idea :)

Well I have not heard back from the following people that I sent PMs to:

Nick Snow

Knight of the Teabags

and I could not send a PM to sugo78ma81 because they only have 1 post on the board and need a minimum of 3 before I can send a message. I suppose I could ask Ran or one of the moderators to unlock sugo's PM function or send an email to them.

I will give them the rest of the day to get back to me otherwise I will have to make this booking without their names.

hi guys! i have arrived in Belfast already and repeat that any ground work that may need to be done i am more then happy to help with.

for those of you coming via airport, you can catch a bus for 7pound 1 way or 10 pound return.... cheaper then a cab i would suspect but it's up to you.

most things seem to be in easy walkng for belfast too.

Hopefully see you all there and if anyone is arriving in early or needs to contact me my mobile in the uk is +44 759 496 4861.

See you all soon hopefully! :thumbsup:

hi guys! i have arrived in Belfast already and repeat that any ground work that may need to be done i am more then happy to help with.

for those of you coming via airport, you can catch a bus for 7pound 1 way or 10 pound return.... cheaper then a cab i would suspect but it's up to you.

most things seem to be in easy walkng for belfast too.

Hopefully see you all there and if anyone is arriving in early or needs to contact me my mobile in the uk is +44 759 496 4861.

See you all soon hopefully! :thumbsup:

Archived