Am I the only one who finds Wheel of Time overwriten and drawn out?

xythil

The Bridge thing was nothing to do with strength at all, it's just one of those weird things with the power. You can't make a bridge longer then X, no matter how strong you are.

I grew up reading WoT, but dropped the series in disgust after crossroads.

Just a few months ago I started rereading the early books (now on book 4). They're actually much better than I remember them being (my memory, i think, was tarnished by the later books). I'm actually REALLY impressed by the amount of planning that clearly went into the whole series.

Maybe I'll pick up the final books when the series is finished, and just try to forget that those mid-late books ever happened.

Yeah, if you read the early books having read the later books it's impressive as hell how much is set up; it clearly shows that Jordan had a plan and knew exactly where he was going and what major landmarks he was going to hit along the way.

someone plugged this tor backed re-read by LB, who was the one who kept the FAQ up to date.

Its really good. I have been going through it slower than I'd like because I had the need to read the comments too.

tzanth, thats a good idea - I forgot how much I liked the earlier books until I read them again. Sadly the later books were even worse the next time around.

Archived