Bran Stark?

shewolf85

We know he has been cast, but are their any clues out there as to who it may be? I thought the Little Brother clues were about him, but Benjen seemed to be the one. Just wondering if we've heard anything on the Bran front. Can't wait to see who was cast, especially since Martin said that this was one of the most difficult roles.

The only thing I got is that over on WiC we have had a stage mom posting on the site for a few months now. She originally found the blog when she was searching the web after her son was set to audition for Bran. Apparently he audition a few times a couple months back and she has been waiting and waiting to find out if he got the part. Well, as soon as GRRM announced that one of the major roles had been cast, Sue stopped posting and we haven't heard from her regarding her son since. Might be coincidence, might not be.

Her sons name is Freddy Downham and here is what he looks like.

Ok, scratch the post. I could've sworn that in GRRM's blog he said that Bran had been cast but no clues. Just looking for it in his Blog archives I couldn't find the reference though. Maybe I am making things up. Definitely haven't heard anything about Bran for awhile.

That kid is wickedly cute, and looks a fair bit like the dude playing Robb. Very Tully-ish, I'd totally be happy with him.

Except Bran is supposed have the Stark coloring, like Arya and Jon. Guess they'll dye his hair dark.

Jeez I hope they didn't settle, this is too an important role. A lot hinges on all the kids acting skills, especially for Bran.

Well, as soon as GRRM announced that one of the major roles had been cast, Sue stopped posting and we haven't heard from her regarding her son since. Might be coincidence, might not be.

Or..it might mean he didn't get the part. Disappointed she stopped posting.

He's an adorable little guy no question about that. And looks the part to me. But looks mean little if the kid can not act well enough.

ETA: Fitheach--Bran has the Tully coloring, not Stark.

From Wiki:

He inherited the Tully coloring from his mother, having auburn hair and blue eyes.

Except Bran is supposed have the Stark coloring, like Arya and Jon. Guess they'll dye his hair dark.

Jeez I hope they didn't settle, this is too an important role. A lot hinges on all the kids acting skills, especially for Bran.

Yeah, as MLA says, Bran looks like Catelyn, not Ned. The only 'Stark' looking Starks are Jon and Arya. Robb, Sansa, Bran and Rickon all have the Tully look, like their mother.

ETA: Fitheach--Bran has the Tully coloring, not Stark.

From Wiki:

He inherited the Tully coloring from his mother, having auburn hair and blue eyes.

Sorry, I really thought he had Stark coloring. I looked for your reference in Wikipedia and couldn't find it... Guess I have to read the books again, tough business to have to do that ;).

Or..it might mean he didn't get the part. Disappointed she stopped posting.

Yeah, that is certainly possible as well. I wouldn't put too much stock in it either way. Just that the OP asked if there was any rumors or leads as to who they may have cast and that is the only thing I could come up with.

Sorry, I really thought he had Stark coloring. I looked for your reference in Wikipedia and couldn't find it... Guess I have to read the books again, tough business to have to do that ;).

Wiki link for you Scroll down to Appearance

or you can just enjoy the reread :)

Yeah, that is certainly possible as well. I wouldn't put too much stock in it either way. Just that the OP asked if there was any rumors or leads as to who they may have cast and that is the only thing I could come up with.

Yeah I figured as much.

*eagerly awaits clues from GRRM*

Archived