GoT Mafia Game 70

House Targaryen

As I just said, the killers are unlikely to kill, or target random innocents in the hopes that their healer has let them down. We won't know who the killers are.

Unless someone obtains and uses:

3 – binoculars – all the night actions of one particular night will be PMed to you in the morning (this does not include who carried out each action, only what the action was, and who was the target)

In which case we could just have everyone heal themselves. The FM couldn't do it so anyone not healed in the night would be proven FM.

I realise it's probably a bit late to do this tonight, but it's a thought for the future, I wish I'd thought of it earlier. It is also dependent on having two people we are pretty sure are innocent which could pose problems anyway, but it may be useful later in the game if we don't hit some FM soon.

So, let's take a look at Erenford's and Yronwood's interactions from the start of the game. This is Erenford's first post.

*Eyes Stevie* *mouth waters*

Yes, erm... I think I'll just cast a joke vote on Stevie Yronwood. You know, just a beginning of day 1 joke vote. Just for laughs. hahaha hahahaha Bwahahahahahaha *coughs* Sorry, got a little carried away there.

Okay, a joke vote, nothing special. Then there is his second post:

Lucky you! Kenning's first post made me want to tear my eyes out. Fortunately his second post laid a second vote on what is fated to be the successful lynch train of the day: Yronwood! His lynch will give the crafty Victor Von Erenford (Reddy forgot the Von) +1 point for being the first vote on a successful lynch mob, +1 point for not moving his vote all day, +1 point for getting Yronwood lynched and +1 point for lynching a FM. 4 points! The rest of you boys and girls can earn 3 points if you hop on the mob now and refuse to move your votes despite all Yronwood's pleading and groveling.

Good try, bozo, but no, you'd be 6th on the lynch. Today it's your turn in the wicker man, so it's a moot point anyway.

Overdoing it quite a bit, but it could still be written off as RP. Yronwood reacts:

Dude - this Erenford guy is stalking me or something. He won't lay off the cackling and talking about my death. Anyone know if that's grounds for a restraining order?

...and so the OMGUS begins to form. Now, here is a post that got Erenford into trouble:

It's pretty inane, yeah, though analytical and self-pretentious might be over-doing it.

Since, as the extremely appropriately named Francesca Cerwyn points out, there are no symps in this game, you can't be my symp, but I'll accept you as my replaceable henchman.

So anyway, lets keep piling those votes on Yronwood!

You may accuse him of something else, Stark, but without the excess of adjectives.

The issue was that Erenford was around ATM, but chose not to comment on the ongoing Stark/Botley situation. It's certainly suspicious, as Erenford obviously knows that the RP is over, but still chooses to continue to pursue his RP phase 'crush', withot giving any actual reasons. This is the point where Erenford's hate for Yronwood stops looking like a joke, and starts looking artificial.

I could vote for Stark or Botley at this point, but right now I'm laying it on Erenford. Yes it's OMGUS, but it's also the fact that he hasn't contributed anything except salivating over the two points he's going to get by lynching me. You don't want to give him the satisfaction (and point lead), now do you? :P

Yronwood joins in on the game, once again without giving any real reasons apart from admitting it's basically just OMGUS, well into the serious phase of the game. 3 hours later, he removes the vote, having accomplished nothing. Note that there are actual reasons for suspecting Erenford, written by me just above, and used by other online players at the time, but Stevie chooses to ignore them.

Well ... I won't be back before the end of day vote, so am looking at Stark and Botley as realistic lynches. Between the two, I prefer to keep Stark around, so Botley it is. His behavior is purposefully unhelpful and vague ... that's all I got. I have no read on him and my read on Stark tips slightly towards positive.

Erenford finally attacks Yronwood. Isn't it weird how he's still attacking, now seriously, and placing among his top suspects, the player he singled out in his very first post? And yet, the accusations seem quite...half-hearted.

Your own contribution I'm afraid I still find pretty inane. You vote Botley saying you have no read on him, but you made a point against him a few posts ago (which was merely parroting Frey and Kenning...). You then tell Martell you'd rather he voted for me (maybe it's you who wants that point lead ;-)), but quickly change your vote to Botley.

I think I'd like to look at Frey, Yronwood and Tully tomorrow. I'd be happy to hammer either Stark or Botley today (I do want those points...). I'll be around during the next few hours and can maneuvre my vote at any time before the day ends.

Now here is a post where Yronwood makes an outright lie:

People like Erenford who were pushing a very viable lynch (me) with a first vote or positioning for the hammer are going to gain some suspicion from me. I know innocents want points too, so it's not a sure thing, but something to add in the equation. Laying a vote and not budging it is not denying a point for anyone else, so is a less suspicious form of point gathering in my eyes.

A viable lynch? Yronwood was nowhere near. And while I think that lie has been dealt with, there is another effect of this post that hasn't been removed: further insistence on Erenford/Yronwood animosity.

There is more of their interaction after this point, but it's not important, as none of them were in a danger of a lynch, and, more importantly, they have already established their hating relationship by now. When one of them was supposed to heal the other, there was a joke made about it by another player, the point of which was : Erenford and Yronwood hate each other. Why? Nobody knows...

Anyway, I'm going to vote for Erenford, since he's more suspicious among the two, with him twisting Frey's words to set Cerwyn up. You should follow on this lynch train, as it's the best case we've got so far, and it would give me an extra point, which is only fair as I'm spending 3 for the team tonight.

I'm here.

I apologise for my lack of participation.

I had some other preoccupations combined with a messed up biorythm=lack of participation.

I have modified my heal (I heal Martell, or Tyrell if Martell is lynched.)

Lets do a little analysis:

<Siobhan Stokeworth>

And... could you stop suggesting plans and suggest a lynch instead? Who you think is better suspect than yourself?

I was uncomfortable with this post. What's bad with suggesting plans if they can give us some extra time?

Now I mostly suspect Tyrell, for suggesting a plan able to waste all our points into a shower, Cerwyn for being tunnel-visioned on Stark and Martell for discussing setup witout suggesting a candidancy for next lynch.

I see you've got three main suspects during my absence? Of those three, I don't want to lynch Stark.

However, this makes him look better. He didn't get on Stark mob, and Stark was innocent.

That's all I can say about him. Neutral.

<Rupert Martell>

Can't find nothing interesting about him. Seems pretty ok. No contradictions or weird posts..

<Rose Tully>

In the small amount of back and forth we've had so far, this is the post that I dislike most. My experience of day one evil is often that they're more looking for something, anything, to say rather than looking for genuine clues, and somewhere, anywhere, to park their votes. That's what makes RP and role spec so attractive for them. The kind of one line attack above feels just like that to me.

Stark hasn't even tried to invent substance for his attack, and finally it's aimed at poor old Yronwood who isn't exactly the riskiest person you could vote for just now.

All in all I'm pretty happy voting Stark just now.

And you have done the same voting for Stark. He also seems to be trying to relieve pressure from Yronwood by transfering it to Stark. This is purely speculating, no solid proofs here.

Firstly, I apologise, Stark, that I put a vote on you and was not around to hear you answer it. It's a crappy situation to be left in, I know. That said, it's a situation that arises often in this game and not one that it's worth being petulant over. My choices at the time were to vote, and leave someone in that same situation, or not to vote. If I hadn't voted someone would have asked me why I left you all without helping further the lynch or without backing up my suspicions in the form of a vote, and those people would have had far more justification for their attacks than you do for bemoaning my absense.

To your points. What I did might be construed as hypocrisy if my main reason for voting you had been that you'd voted an easy target. As it stands that was one point among a number of reasons I gave, and was, in fact, a throw away line at the bottom of my post.

My main reason for voting you was this: During day one especially, I feel that there are a number of situations that arise in every game to which the bad guys have to make a deliberate choice about how they are going to react. One is role play, though that gives away next to nothing; another is role speculation, which we've had relatively little of this game; and a third is the first serious case of the game. Of course the case is going to be bad (because barring a massive screw up by the FM there's only going to be RP to base it on) and of course it's going to get various reactions. But it's an easy topic of conversation that doesn't require much time commitment or deep thought at a point in the game where no one expects you to stay seriously married to an opinion. In short it's exactly the kind of conversation that an FM wants to be in on. And yes, Erenford, the reactions to the reactions and the reactions to those reactions are also great places for an FM to bolster their post count. The entire exchange ought to be considered.

What neither you, Stark, nor Erenford seems to have understood is that it isn't about hypocrisy, or who is voting the easiest target, or who is making the obvious attack. It's about looking at one watershed part of day one and saying this is the dodgiest post. This is the guy who isn't posting because he has something to say but is instead manufacturing contribution because that's what he feels he's expected to do. Your attack and vote on Yronwood was because you found his first case "pretentious". You don't even explain what was pretentious about it. Pretension isn't especially indicative of scum (fortunately for me, since this post is probably far more pretentious than anything Yronwood said) and a very flimsy reason to vote for someone. Add to that that Yronwood was coming out of RP with a couple of votes for you to hide among, and that he had painted a small target on himself by making the obligatory first case, and your post comes out looking opportunistic.

Your reaction to my vote, incidentally, looks equally bad. You acted put upon, only focused on the easiest point to answer and the points which you could most easily turn around on me. And as far as naming a more risky vote than Yronwood... Anyone. Me. Lannister even. Especially anyone who didn't already have a vote because you would have turned yourself into the point person for that case and that would have brought attention.

Actually, screw all this, I still find you the most suspicious player by a goodly shot. Stark.

What was the point of this large post? It makes you look as if you're doing something. This whole post could have been shorted in few sentences.

I think Cerwyn's right. It looks nice on paper, but I'm dubious that you'll ever get something like this on it's feet. Mafia isn't a game filled with trusting souls.

I'm having a read through yesterday, at the moment, to see what I make of Cerwyn's Dondarrion, Kenning, Stark trifecta. I'll comment on it once I've checked it all out.

This seems to me as a FM attempt to cut this plan in its beginning.

You play too-safely. Writing large posts but you don't say anything specific. Just basic speculations.

You're right, at least in so far as I'm playing a terrible game. I thought this was going to be a quiet week and it turns out that it stinks I can't reread and barely have time to write, which isn't an excuse I expect to get me much slack, but is the situation.

I have been posting I've been posting specific ideas.

It doesn't really look as if you have a lack of time. Do a re-read on yourself. And can you please point out to me those "specific ideas?"

Currently my Tier 1.

<Eadweard Dondarrion>

I think that although the FM are playing as individuals they will still act together to reduce numbers in the beginning. I'd like to have a look at the people on Starks lynch mob, because if he's innocent we might find a couple of FM in there. It is a case based on very little that has gained momentum and it doesn't sit well with me.

I agree.

I'm inclined to go with Botley, who is more suspicious to me than Stark or Erenford.

Looks good to me. No contradictions or awkward posts.

<Thomas Hunt Stonetree>

His RP:total ratio is very troubling. Same applies to me..

Stark to me seems like the player who says something stupid in day one and then gets attacked because there is nothing else to discuss at that point. His behavior so far reads more 'inexperienced' then 'evil.'

I agree with Amanda Frey that Botley's case on Stark is bizarre. He frames the case so it looks like Stark has a consistent posting pattern, but Stark had only one post outside of RP spam at that point. I know you have to reach for day one cases, but really?

EDIT: Just incase anyone thinks it's suspicious that I called out Botley and didn't vote for him I'm keeping my vote where it is unless I'm sure that we're going to get a lynch. Never know when those points will come in handy. :closedeyes:

This was his only serious post. Other 2 are "I have a lack of time" excuses.

Very poor in material. It's hard to make a case on him. It's mostly my gut. Tier 1.

Kenning, Cerwyn, Erenford, Yronwood coming after dinner.

Out of a sense of considering all side I feel compelled to point out that the binoculars plan only works if the binoculariser is innocent. If Tyrell were evil he could report back whatever he liked an have a fun day causing all sorts of mischief.

Honestly, I can't imagine that Tyrell is actually evil, and he'd be caught once we lynched his first "FM" and they came up innocent anyway. But in a worst case scenario, if we lynch only innocents between now and then the baddies get themselves into a nice position before any of them dies.

Forget it all. I don't think Tyrell is actually guilty. It's just that pushed into a corner the way they are, I'd expect the FM to try something... creative at this point.

You know what? Screw this.

Tyrell

He's a killer. I'm a killer. Cerwyn is a killer.

Who was involved most in the plans for the circular heals/binoculars? Us three. Who else had points to use the binoculars and a heal tonight? Possibly a few others, but Stark was one of them and his mod-kill prompted him to come forward with the binocular plan. One of us could get into end game if we claimed binoculars first and were the only one left to spend our accumulated points. This was our nightmare scenario once it was announced we could not spend points til there was one of us, so we had to own it and control it.

I feel like I am getting shafted as Erenford was not the intended lynch target today. I thought we had this all worked out, but apparently I am not privy to all the goings on at this point. Taking out Erenford pulls me and Cerwyn together in the circle so that it's either me or Tyrell a kill would point to. Tyrell is the one taking point, has most credibility so I am now the one being thrown to the wolves and I find I am not cool with that.

It is day 2.

11 players remain: Eadweard Dondarrion, Francesca Cerwyn, Jez Tyrell, Ronald Kenning, Rose Tully, Rupert Martell, Siobhan Stokeworth, Stevie Yronwood, Thomas Hunt Stonetree, Veronica Lannister, Victor Erenford.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Victor Erenford (Jez Tyrell, Francesca Cerwyn)

1 vote for Jez Tyrell (Stevie Yronwood)

1 vote for Rose Tully (Victor Erenford)

7 players have not voted: Eadweard Dondarrion, Ronald Kenning, Rose Tully, Rupert Martell, Siobhan Stokeworth, Thomas Hunt Stonetree, Veronica Lannister.

The issue was that Erenford was around ATM, but chose not to comment on the ongoing Stark/Botley situation. It's certainly suspicious, as Erenford obviously knows that the RP is over, but still chooses to continue to pursue his RP phase 'crush', withot giving any actual reasons. This is the point where Erenford's hate for Yronwood stops looking like a joke, and starts looking artificial.

While I was around, it was 01:00 in the morning and I wanted to go to bed ASAP. I quickly commented on two facts that caught my eye, but wasn't taking it too seriously. I went into more detail in the morning, when I had more time.

Erenford finally attacks Yronwood. Isn't it weird how he's still attacking, now seriously, and placing among his top suspects, the player he singled out in his very first post? And yet, the accusations seem quite...half-hearted.

It doesn't seem half-hearted, it is half-hearted. In my exchange with Cerwyn I pointed out that I have no solid suspects, at most hunches about things I find odd. I suspect Yronwood, but I also suspect quite a lot of other people (I've been attacking Tully and Cerwyn today).

Now here is a post where Yronwood makes an outright lie:

Why not lynch him then, or point out an outright lie of my own?

A viable lynch? Yronwood was nowhere near. And while I think that lie has been dealt with

Yes, by me.

There is more of their interaction after this point, but it's not important, as none of them were in a danger of a lynch, and, more importantly, they have already established their hating relationship by now.

This is a bit silly. I don't hate people over a mafia game.

Anyway, I'm going to vote for Erenford, since he's more suspicious among the two, with him twisting Frey's words to set Cerwyn up. You should follow on this lynch train, as it's the best case we've got so far, and it would give me an extra point, which is only fair as I'm spending 3 for the team tonight.

I never twisted Frey's words, I stand by my interpretation being accurate (though helped by hindsight), and lynching me will lose you a point for being on an innocent lynch mob. I guess it doesn't really matter, since your plan seems to have broken Reddy's rules to the point the game doesn't feel like it's worth playing any more, but you're better at breaking settings than you are at catching FMs the traditional way.

Archived