editing / posting options (fonts) etc blocking view of text.

a wooden chair

Having a bit of an issue here and clearing my cache doesn't seem to have fixed it. Currently it's two problems.

1) when I respond to or create a thread the editor that allows you to pick fonts, sizes, etc is right smack dab in the middle of the box where I type my post. Most of my typing ends up happening behind it and I can't read or see what I've typed at all.

2) when I browse threads the "click link inside the box" for quick editing is layered over where one would normally see all the numbers coresponding with how many pages are in the thread etc.

I am using IE7 and will supply pictures of what I am encountering if neccessary, although I'd rather not go through uploading pictures while at work.

Also I apologize for the big gap between #1 and #2 but the gap is actually where the toolbar layered over so I had to hit enter a few times just to be able to read the rest of my post.

Hmm, I wondering if it could be an Ajax issue. I've only got IE 6 and IE 8 to test with myself, so I am not sure if 7 is known for having any Ajax issues. That area, at least, is one that shouldn't have been touched by any changes we've made, so the problem must be with the default forum theme. Possibly someone has reported it already, will have to poke around.

Hmm, I wondering if it could be an Ajax issue. I've only got IE 6 and IE 8 to test with myself, so I am not sure if 7 is known for having any Ajax issues. That area, at least, is one that shouldn't have been touched by any changes we've made, so the problem must be with the default forum theme. Possibly someone has reported it already, will have to poke around.

I can tell you that I did not start having this issue until today. It was working fine yesterday, and even since the forum upgrade went through I believe.

Raidne mentioned something about a problem similar to this. I'll see if I can dig up that post...

here we go. I've asked in-thread what browser/os she's using.

The current machine I am on is using WinXP professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. When I get home I'll try Firefox and see if I'm still getting the same problem. Also I'm not adverse to my thread being merged into the one Xray found to keep down the clutter.

Just a follow-up question, are you on the RTE mode or not? That's set via profile settings.

I was not using RTE mode.

After checking it (Turning it on) and OKing out nothing changed. I then logged out and back in and RTE mode has resolved Issue #1 in my links.

Issue #2 where the white quick edit box is over the page numbers and buttons is persisting however.

Edit: Clicking inside the box gets rid of it and opens up the fast reply option. Once I reload or go to another thread it comes back.

Checked from home now.

RTE Mode is still on.

Firefox 3.0.15:

No issues here. Everything looks great, no displaced windows from either Issue 1 or 2.

IE7:

Issue #2 persists like it did at work.

edit: and thank you for your assistance so far everyone! I meant to say that earlier.

I'm thinking this is an IPB 3.0.5 bug. I'm going to look into their bug tracker and see if there's any reports. I might also see if I can figure out what change they did that's affecting this.

Okay, I have made a change is which is supposed to fix this for now. It's not a perfect fix (apparently the editor goes a bit to the right) but it should make it more useable. This is, near as I can tell, a fix for the RTE version.

Archived