Spring Fling: PA, MD, DC, VA, Everywhere invited

Second, sort of Annual, Spring Fling.

I am thinking of have a cook out/BBQ/picnic around the end of May, beginning of June, before it gets too hot.

I’d like to invite all who are interested in attending. If you are going to be in the area a certain date and wanna come, suggest that date. I am still open for suggestions.

I have a descent sized back yard, we borrow a huge canopy from friends (in case the weather does not cooperate), and have crash space if needed. (we do have a cat and child for those with allergies) You could even camp out back if you wanted.

I am 10 minutes from Gettysburg, so it is worth the trip to include visiting it. I’m located in north-central Maryland; an hour from Baltimore, and hour or so from DC, and an hour from Harrisburg.

Down side is the lack of public transportation (there is parking though).

Celebrating and talking about the HBO series is sure to be high on the list of activities as well as drinking and lawn games.

Kids are certainly welcomes and even encouraged. (We have a special place just for them, where they can stay out of the way ;) )

We’ll have the usual fair, hot dogs, burgers, chicken, veggies, desserts and who knows what else. Beer, soft drinks and water too. While it’s certainly not required, we’d not turn away any thing you wanted to bring.

If the evening is cool, we even have a nice fire bowl to warm things up.

I’m thinking any of the following dates would be good: May, 15, 22, 29?, June 5, 12.

Interested? Suggestions? Thoughts?

PS: Friends and family are certainly welcome as well. I am in the "the more the merrier" camp.

Guest Raidne

You are freaking awesome. I have no conflict with any of those dates.

Happy to give rides to 2-3 people out of the DC area if needed, also.

I didn't realize that we were so close. I work in Frederick, MD and live in PA. I very rarely post, but I've been lurking for a few years and am on the board almost every day throughout the week.

I've wanted to attend one of these meetups, but something always seems to come up. Once again, I'll be out of town the last week of May and the first week of June, so I'll probably miss this one, too.

I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what happens with the date.

May 22/23 I am spending all weekend banging through an entire grad course to get it out of the way; seems like a good deal, though with everything so condensed its probably going to be hell.

Anyway, if its any other date though I'd love to come; 'cause it sounds awesome.

May 22/23 I am spending all weekend banging through an entire grad course to get it out of the way; seems like a good deal, though with everything so condensed its probably going to be hell.

Anyway, if its any other date though I'd love to come; 'cause it sounds awesome.

Scout schedule has helped me narrow it down to May 15th, 29th or June 5th.

The 29th is a holiday weekend, so I am not to sure how people feel about that. We have a parade to march in (by we, I mean my son) on Monday.

Guest Raidne

I'd vote for June 4th, just so we have the best chance of solidly summer weather, and because people have a habit of coming into DC to visit me with little notice on holiday weekends. But, those are not real restrictions, so I'll make it work on any of those days if necessary.

I'm in with the caveat that at a yet to be determined date between now and mid-June I will be going to Las Vegas for a bachelor party. If those weekends do not coincide, I'll most likely be in attendance.

It looks like I may be moving around that time, so my vote would be earlier, like May 15th would probably be doable. May 29 or June 5 would be a definite no.

• 2 weeks later...

There's an outside chance I can still make May 15, but I'll probably be in the middle of moving. (My job's ending and I'm moving a couple states over, assuming I get visa stuff sorted out and don't have to leave the country soon - my next couple months are... craaazy).

If anyone still want to do Quizzo in Philly one Sunday I'm up for that - I'll probably start a thread once I'm more clear about my schedule.

It's a bit of a hike but probably worth it for the company. It depends when i actually get my graduate candidacy exam done though. I should be done by the end of May, but we'll see.

See you in Raleigh regardless though? I should get working on a room on that...

Any chance we can set a date on this?

Agreed. My situation is the same, any weekend's great except the 22/23 of May.

On a different note, didn't know where to post this so I'll just do it here; my roommate (who I'm getting along with great again) is moving in with her girlfriend July 1st, so I need to find a roommate by May 15th (which is the deadline to renew the lease). And I'm trying all available channels, including this one. So if any of you know of anyone looking for place in the DC area (I live in Crystal City) and is around my age (I'm 22) and is in the right price range (a little over $1000 each per month for rent, utilities, parking permit, cable, and internet); can you PM me about it? Thanks a bunch. Hopefully I'll just find someone again through the University's roommate finder, but this is in case I don't.

Archived