Cast the movie(s)

Simas

Hot damn you're right!

The Eccleston guy is PERFECT. His gaze is rather peircing.

And why the attacks on Natalie Portman? Star Wars wasn't her fault-- I don't see how anyone could act well with that horrid script, bad direction, and the constant green screen. She won my respect with 'V for Vendetta' with her quiet steel and very pretty cheek bones.

• 2 months later...
I've been working on this with some equally obsessed people for a while now (just stating to anyone listening that this is not all my doing). It's star-studded, would cost billions to produce, and would probably suck if it was made. I wrote this out somewhere else on the board, and recently too (there are a lot of movie topics out there), but I can't find it, so (takes a deep breath) here I go again.

(This is the list exactly as it sits before me)

Ned Stark-George Clooney

Catelyn Tully-Holly Hunter

Lysa Arryn-Teri Garr

Robb-Hayden Christensen

Jon-Leonardo Dicaprio (think What's Eating Gilbert Grape? and Basketball Diaries)

Bran-???

Rickon-???

Sansa-Emma Watson

Arya-Dakota Fanning

Young Robert Baratheon-John Pierfoy

Robert Baratheon-whatever older, overweight guy who looks like John Pierfoy

Cersei-Charlize Theron

Jaime-Heath Ledger

Tyrion-Mickey from Seinfeld

Joffrey-Malfoy from Harry Potter

Myrcella-???blonde girl???

Tommen-???blonde boy???

Tywin-Patrick Stewart

Kevan-Harrison Ford (if you've seen him lately, you'll understand)

Dany-Evan Rachel Wood

Viserys-Macauley Kulkin

Drogo-The Rock

Stannis-Bruce Willis

Renly-Jim Cavaziel

Loras Tyrell-Orlando Bloom

Margaery-Mandy Moore

Thoros-Adrien Brody

Melisandre-Julia Roberts

Berric-Brendan Fraser

Gendry-Jake Gyllenhal (or Harry Potter in a few years)

Tom-Mark Walberg

Lem-Brad Pitt

Anguy-Topher Grace

Theon-Shane West

Jorah-Hugh Jackman

Jeor-Jon Noble (Boromir's from LotR's dad)

Sam-Ethan Suplee (Remember the Titans)

Osha-Uma Thurman

Myra Reed-Keira Knightley

Jojen-???

Brienne-Hilary Swank (have to ugly her up)

Hodor-"The Big Show"

Hound-Liam Neeson

Gregor-James Gandolfino (Tony Soprano)

Ilyn Payne-Vin Diesel

Alister Thorne-Michael Cain

Pyp-Seth Green

Grenn-Seth Green's Rat Race brother (tongue pierced guy)

Dolores Edd-Jason Stathome

Small Paul-Gorgeous George from Snatch

Hot Pie-Rupert Grint

Jaqen H'ghar-Ryan Reynolds

Yoren-Dennis Farina

Bronn-Charlie Sheen (from Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

Shae-Natalie Portman

Alayaya-Brandi

Varys-Philip Seymour Hoffman

Petyr Baelish-Johnny Depp

Edmure Tully-Greg Kinnear

Bryden Tully-Sean Connory

Syrio Forrel-Jon Cleese

Rhakaro-Wilmer Valdemera

Jhogo-Jakapo from The Count of Monte Christo

Grey Worm-Jhett Lee

Barristan-Ian McKellan

Strong Belwas-Butterbean (the guy who beat the **** out of Johnny Knoxville in Jackass)

Irri-Mila Kunis

Jhiqui-Rosario Dawson

Daario-???

Oberyn Martell-Antonio Banderas

Mance Raider-Viggo Mortensen

Quorin Halfhand-Val Kilmer (if he lost some weight)

Asha-Jessica Alba

Davos-Colin Firth

Roose Bolton-Anthony Hopkins

Ramsay Bolton-Cillian Murphy

Greatjon-Davis Rhys Jones

Smalljon-Robert from Everybody Loves Raymond

Benjen Stark-Jude Law

Old Nan-Estelle Getty

Vargo Hoat-Alan Rickman

Dontos-Jack Black

Dacey Moromont-Donna from That 70's Show

Maege Moromont-Kathleen Turner

Rickard Karstark-Robert DeNiro

Janos Slynt-Jon Lovitz

Patchface-Steve Bucchemi

Lyanna-Liv Tyler

Doreah-Drea De Matteo

Ellaria Sand-Angelina Jolie

Ygritte-Lindsay Lohan

Mya Stone-Alexis Bledel

Lommy Greenhands-Hayley Joel Osmund (just to see him die)

Tysha-Anne Hathway

Edric Storm-Skandor Keynes (Edmund from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe)

Again they are almost all to old, I mean Jake Gyllenhaal for Gendry, hell the boy is 15, if I remember correctly ;o)

• 5 months later...

Lyanna, you have a lot of great ideas for your cast. But for my taste, most of these actors from American TV shows & movies, would be too wierd & almost comical for my taste. A lot of the older people you picked would work though. I have to hand it to you, the guy you picked for Tyrion-Peter Dinklage?-is PERFECT! I've been saying for months he would be the perfect Tyrion! He's already played the cynical smart-ass on Threshold. Oh yeah, & the girl you picked for Dany-Amber Heard, what show or movie is she from, how old is she? excellent choice anyhow?

I've got my ow website devoted to that very topic.

http://www.geocities.com/asoiafcasting/

I'm always open to suggestions.

:)

I looked at the North & Westerlands there. Very good job - we even pictured the exact same actor as Boros Blount (Bors in "King Arthur," must be because the characters have similar names :thumbsup: ). Ian Holm is also how I envision Maester Luwin.

Tywin's got to have a deep voice, so I don't like Ed Harris for that role. Rufus Sewell's got to have a major part if he's affordable... someone dignified & powerful.

Theon http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/virginqueen/ima...0/tom_hardy.jpg

Sir John Gielgud as Maester Aemon (too bad it can't be)

Eric Stoltz as Anguy

Rutger Hauer for Roose!

This photo has to have been posted before... If your looking for a name actor for the short term commitment that is Ned, you could do a lot worse than Gerard Butler. Just tone down the luster in that brown hair, and tone down his channeling of 80's Mel Gibson, and you've got your Lord Stark.

Just saw Spidey 3... still think James Franco would work as splendidly as Renly. See Chris Dien's version from the CCG.

But how about Aunt Mae (Rosemary Harris) as Oleanna Tyrell? I think this has the potential to be the genius pick of the three.

• 4 weeks later...
Patrick Wilson has the looks right. But the only work I've seen him is Angels in America. Has he done anything I can see that's closer to Jaime.

I liked him in Hard Candy, where he plays a suspected Paedophile. So while he has the social taboo factor down, I don't know that he could portray the arrogance inherent in Jaime. I was really only going on looks.

Patrick Wilson has the looks right. But the only work I've seen him is Angels in America. Has he done anything I can see that's closer to Jaime?

He was in "Phantom of the Opera" as Raoul.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be very hard to cast this. The Lord Of The Rings cast are almost perfect, but there were no more than 20 main characters (discounting all the orcs that spoke).

In Ice And Fire, there are at least a hundred characters that would speak quite a lot of lines.

For the main ones, well:

For Ned, I picture him a little like Viggo Mortensen's Aragorn, but only in clothing and colouring. I don't see Ned with a beard. He's only meant to be 36-ish when he dies, so Liam Neeson is too old.

Someone Irish for Cat, she has the Celtic colouring.

Uma Thurman for Cersei, but with wavier hair.

For Lord Tywin, Alan Rickman and Patrick Stewart are IMO not right. Tywin needs to be an older Jaime - they match when Jaime is 'shaved' in the boat. Tywin needs to be tall and muscular, and blond; with a firm but devious voice; Alan Rickman is TOO devious. I pictured Dennis Hopper in this role, though he's a bit too old, and has the wrong voice, but the right menace.

The Rock as Khal Drogo might work. The actress who played Helen in Troy might work as Dany, might not. (Her hair in Troy would work for Cersei)

Brad Pitt is NOT a suitable Jaime, Jaime needs to be at least 6'2 and no more than 30 years old (though he should be about 32).

The actress who played Helen in Troy might work as Dany, might not. (Her hair in Troy would work for Cersei)
That would be Diane Kruger. A relatively unproven talent, but for some reason I think she has a great acting career ahead of her. In two or three years, she might be the perfect casting choice for Cersei. She's like a blend of Robin Wright Penn and Sharon Stone (which is good, because Cersei somewhere between the Princess Bride and Catherine Tramell from Basic Instinct :) ). I'm actually changing my vote from the equally stunning Romola Garai who's a little to sweet and cute. Cersei is many things, but not cute. We need someone who can project that Lannister arrogance and smug boredom with a hint of a malicious streak lurking beneath that regal facade.

...ok I've put way too much thought into this...

That would be Diane Kruger. A relatively unproven talent, but for some reason I think she has a great acting career ahead of her. In two or three years, she might be the perfect casting choice for Cersei. She's like a blend of Robin Wright Penn and Sharon Stone (which is good, because Cersei somewhere between the Princess Bride and Catherine Tramell from Basic Instinct :) ). I'm actually changing my vote from the equally stunning Romola Garai who's a little to sweet and cute. Cersei is many things, but not cute.

...ok I've put way too much thought into this...

The perfect Cersei is Naomi Watts. I mean just look at her, absolutely gorgeous:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/p...tts-Posters.jpg

http://images.askmen.com/galleries/actress...s-picture-1.jpg

Imagine this is how her face would look when she sees Joffrey suffocating infront of her at his wedding:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies..._ann_darrow.jpg

That looks apt, yet not regal enough.

It also reminds me of Nicole Kidman, who I'd have said would suit Cersei for personality, but she's not got the right kind of looks.

Uma Thurman would definitely suit because she's tall, beautiful yet slightly masculine...so she could be a twin to a muscular, beautiful Jaime-man.

Most likely the cast will be made up of cheap no name up and coming actors/actresses, a slew of child actors..I think on the terms of Harry Potter...they made a good story/acting with no real mainstream actors.

But this is a wishlist...they'd never get her, but i would have-

Angelina Jolie as Cersei

Her Brother, James as the KIngslayer

They've both been blondes before, he's not afraid of kissing her in public now, ripping her bodice off might be different.

She's not real popular right now, so shes a perfect High class, Great looking, Stuck up, Bitch./(add here) (starts with W)

He has the kingslayer smile, also arrogant, goodlooking and id love to see him go thru the kingslayer character change...and kill his sister. :D

Couple pics..maybe youll see it....

http://img.timeinc.net/people/i/2004/04/ga...ie/08ajolie.jpg

http://www.suitedtoyou.com/images/Celebs/a...najolieface.jpg

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.co...t/damagepre.jpg

EDIT: YEA Cersei

Archived