Predictions For The End Of The Series

Phantom

The North: The north changes hands several times between the irommen, boltons, karstarks but in the end it is restored to the Starks by the hand of Stannis

Iron Islands: After defeat the only remaining grayjoy is Asha who is lord but is under control of the north

The Vale: Little finger rules and plots for a while but soon war from the north reaches the vale, with it the lords overthrow him and rally around Sansa once they find out she is a Stark, also the Vale is where Daenerys makes land fall and where her war for the 7 kingdoms starts, Sansa flees with what is left with

what is left of her knights to go north. The Vale is left burnt and destroyed.

Riverlands: After years of fighting the land is burnt and the people bled. Riverrun has changed hands many times. In the end Edmure holds as lord. After the fall of the Vale this is the next stop for Daenerys and most will fall to her. Only a few in the west hold out. House Frey is wiped off the map.

Drone: Quentyn and his father Doran forge and alliance with Daenerys and Drone goes to war as one head of the dragon. AS Daenerys forces are moving south into the crown lands Drones armies are moving north. Quentyn and Daenerys marry but he may be one of the ones who betrays her but not for love.

Westerlands/The Reach: Cersei is convicted by the faith and put to death as is Margaery also, Lannister and Tyrell go to war and it's bloddy. At the end of the war Willas sits on the iron throne but only for a short while. Gone are Mace, Garlan, Loras for Tyrell. For Lannister Kevan and Lancel. Jamie takes no part in the war at all. Daenerys makes quick work of kings landing after and takes the throne.

The Wall: Stannis leands the free folk south to retake the north. By rights the throne is still his and he will not yield to Daenerys and he will lead them against her but the threat of the others happens. Stannis and his forces are forced to join with Daenerys to defeat them.

Jon and Daenerys through Howland Reed find out that they are related and he becomes the third head of the dragon.

Ayra: She becomes a faceless man and is the one who ends up killing Daenerys

Tyrion: Becomes the hand of the queen but betrays for money.

Jaime: not sure

Wow lots of holes there, no wonder this is so hard for George....... ahhhhhhhh

Jon: Will get the letter from Robb, declaring him King of the North.

Melissandre: Turns against Stannis and starts thinking that Jon is the one the prophecy is speaking of. (He has a sword of Fire: Dragonsteel, he is born of Fire an Ice, etc.)

Sansa: Is somehow turning into a sort of Lolita to Littlefinger and outbrains him. Becomes Lady of the Vale.

Brienne: Promises to kill Jaime and is then breaking her vow. (Now she understands Jaime even better than before)

Jaime: Goes back to KL and throttles Cersei in the Dungeons. Than he fights in the trial to die. Will be buried with his sister.

Theon: Becomes Lord of Pyke but is crazy and has lost his face due to the striping he gets from Ramsay.

Mormont: Will be the 999. Lord Commander of the NW.

Dany: Will marry Jon and Tyrion (who will be the future hand and Lord of the Rock), than perishes by the flame of Drogon in some heroic move against the Others. Bran wargs into Drogon and extinguishes the Others for all time.

Victarion: Has Sex with Dany (she wants the ironfleet really hard). Than dies bye the hands of Euron or this Quartheen Merchant Prince.

CrowsEye: Gets hold of Drogon and wants to turn it against Dany.

Varys: Turns against Dany because he hates magic.

Arya: Stays blind and realises after some time that she cant give up Arya of House Stark.

Stannis: Supports Dany when he is learning who she is.

First time poster here. I love the books and I love topics like this, so I thought I'd just pop in and give my 2c.

Let's start with the "Big Picture". The series is entitled A Song of Ice & Fire, which to me (and I assume most people...?) signifies a story between Ice(Stark) and Fire(Targaryen) That said, I'm also a firm believer that Jon Sow is in fact the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, will combine the two houses and is the true heir to the seven kingdoms. There's a lot of parallels between the two houses as well. For starters, both met fairly tragic ends and are down to only a few remaining members.

Stannis Baratheon - Continues his assault at the wall and the Others. Finally succeeds in his quest to raise a dragon with the aid of Melisandre via sacrifices to the Lord of Light. He's not the chosen one, however, and something goes awry. Dies in battle with the Others.

Melisandre - Eventually realizes that Stannis is not the true champion and leaves him. Possibly meets up with Dany.

Tyrion Lannister - Ever since reading his aunt's testimony to Jaime that "Tyrion was his father's son", I think he'll come back into the story a broken and battered man. He'll take up his father's mantle as one of the most feared and cunning Lannisters and lead King's Landing against the true king.

Gendry - It's obvious that his father was Robert Baratheon, but who was his mother? All he remembers is that she died when he was young and she was blond. But what if his mother was in fact Cersei Lannister? She herself admits that Robert once got her pregnant, but that Jaime "took care of it". It was fairly vague but it's my belief that Gendry is the true born son of Robert Baratheon and his one and true heir. (Also why were the soldiers so adamant on capturing him when he was running with Arya? Robert had a lot of bastards) He will become good friends with Jon Snow, mirroring the relationship his father had with Ned Stark. Will die before the series ends.

Gregor Clegane - Is kept alive by Qyburn's Necromancy, or whatever it is. I do believe Qyburn is somewhat magical in nature as he was able to quickly identify that the poison afflicting Gregor was Basilisk venom slowed by some kind of other magic. I also believe the head sent south was the late High Spetons, who met an untimely death and had a fairly large head (to hold the giant crown) As Qyburn claims, Gregor will be fairly unstoppable until...

Sandor Clegane - He's alive, I think. Maybe working for Dondarrion's group or maybe being brought back by the kiss of life. Thoros seemed to think that the Lord of Light still had work for him to do, but after that he didn't really do anything before he "died". (He did save Arya, maybe that's enough...who knows?) In the true literary fashion, I don't think it's a coincidence that Basilisk poison kills when it hits the heart, and Sandor's one and true purpose was to cut the heart from his brother.

Brienne - This could go either way, but I'm guessing that she's just owned. Along with Podrick Payne (Brienne even recalls him being lifted off his feet) and Hyle Hunt. Oathkeeper will return to a Stark in one way or another.

Davos Seaworth - Dismembered by Manderly.

Catelyn Stark - Will give the kiss of life away to another, but not before killing Walder Frey and perhaps Roose Bolton.

Brandon Stark - Will follow his quest looking for the 3-eyed crow. It's been foreshadowed heavily but I think he will eventually learn to fly, effectively giving him his legs back. He'll become the heir to Winterfell and the Warden of the North. Sansa Stark will also become the Lord and Protector of the Vale. His name will go down in history akin to Brandon the Builder.

Daenerys Targeryn - It's obvious to me that Dany is one of the two characters that have plot protection and will survive until the end of the series. (The other below) She will start by having powerful people around her, then becoming allied with Dorne, then fighting for the whole realm, eventually marrying Jon Snow and giving peace to the realm against the others.

Jon Snow - In addition to the above, I think the in-realm fighting will eventually be seriously threatened by the Others and whatever else is waiting beyond the Wall. After Dany secures the realm with her Dragons, Stannis's undead dragon goes berserk and kills them and proceeds to lay death and destruction in his wake. In a moment of complete glory Jon Snow is able to control the enraged dragon because he's a Stark (and a Warg, able to look through the eyes of a wolf or any beast) and Targaryen (who are intimately tied with dragons) and then leads the dragon to destroy the Others and bring peace to the realm.

...or not. =p

I kind of got carried away but I think you get the idea. =D

Edit: Also it will ultimately come down to the Lord of Light vs. The Dark Lord or whatever...(But I think that's a given) "The Faith" will rise in power and in true fanatical fashion will again seek to overthrow anyone opposed to the 7 and be another force to be reckoned with.

I don't hate Jon at all but I really really don't want him to be king (at least on the iron throne). That would just be a bit too cliche for me, straying into "Stardust" territory a bit.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, although I do think (hope) that it will be much more complicated than Jon simply becoming king, uniting the kingdom, defeats the others, and everyone lives happily ever.

Also there's no denying the title and focal point of the series, A Song of Ice and Fire. Even if Jon doesn't become king, the Starks and Targaryens will play a vital role in the ending. Plus it's obvious that both Jon and Dany have plot armor. =p

Dany dies at the hands of Jon Snow. This is the third betrayal, blood. As Jon is also Targ, he inherits the dragons and his army lays waste to the others using steel and dragon fire.

Oh nuts!! I can see that happening too. :fencing:

If Jon kills Dany I'm not sure if I would like Jon that much after even if it was in a "good cause". Cause right now I'm liking Dany's character a bit more than Jon's.

Ideally what I'd like is that Dany becomes queen and Jon's first born becomes heir to the throne. However I think the above is far more likely.

Damn you Jon for your future actions that may or may not happen!! :bawl:

Dany dies at the hands of Jon Snow. This is the third betrayal, blood. As Jon is also Targ, he inherits the dragons and his army lays waste to the others using steel and dragon fire.

I never, never though of that....

I don't think that Gendry is a son of King Robert. Cercei says that Jaime found somebody to "cleanse her" from the pregnancy. In my eyes they are speaking very clearly of abort.

Furthermore Gendry tells Arya that his mother worked in an inn or something like that.

Cercei wants all bastards killed. Even the babe in this whorehouse.

Jon killing Dany would be... unexpected but somehow cool. But why should he do such a thing? What would be his motives?

I don't think that Gendry is a son of King Robert. Cercei says that Jaime found somebody to "cleanse her" from the pregnancy. In my eyes they are speaking very clearly of abort.

Furthermore Gendry tells Arya that his mother worked in an inn or something like that.

Cercei wants all bastards killed. Even the babe in this whorehouse.

Jon killing Dany would be... unexpected but somehow cool. But why should he do such a thing? What would be his motives?

1st. Gendry IS Robert's son, but not Cersei's. That's why he is a bastard.

2nd. I'm not sure why Jon would kill Dany, but I picture it being a tragic misunderstanding of who/what they are.

I kind of like the suggestion of Jon killing Dany (for blood). Would be really surprising. But rather being because of a misunderstanding I'm picturing another scenario:

GRRM stated that during the next book Jon will become much more grey as a character. If R+L=J is true he has dragon blood. Maester Aemon told Sam that he himself had dragon dreams that nearly drowe him mad, as well had other targaryens who really were loosing their minds sonner or later. (If I remember correctly). Aemon's dreams stopped when he became a maester at the wall. I can't remember if he said the moment he chose to go to the citadel or when he went to the wall, they stopped. But he said something about finding his true destiny (O God, I think I have to reread before I'll make up too much...)

Anyway, Jon is also plagued by dreams. As far as we know there were'nt any dragons involved.(*) But telling us that ,GRRM would give too much away. So I think Jon will sowly go mad like Aerys, becoming more and more paranoid about who his enemies are.

SPOILER for ADWD (theory based on the spoiler chapters)!

In the beginning we will feel Jon is doing justice and has to kill/execute several people that are openly his enemies to maintain his position as Lord Commander. But he'll be confused by Melisandrei's suggestion about his enemies that smile at him. Therefore becoming paranoid whithout us noticing first, because everything is told from his POV. And he thinks everything was perfecly reasonable. We'll see lots of inner conflict about honor and duty, his conscience and oaths and the things he 'feels' are right or wrong (like the sex with Ygritte: Why should this be wrong if it feels so good?)

SPOILER END

This could result in madness and a wicked view of the world and in killing Dany if he won't find his place in life like Aemon did. Of course 'finding his place in life' is meant more in a metaphorical way. It doesn't mean he should become king, just that he should find who he is as a person. Haha, this could fit well in 'the heart struggle against itself' category. I think this sounds bad me trying to explain it, but with GRRM telling it in the book it could end up quite thrilling to read. While in Jon's chapters he could show his transformation, another POV could find out about his true heritage...

(*) I think it is quite interesting in AGOT reading Jon and Tyrions conversations. In one chapter it is told from Tyrions POV : He asks him about dragon dreams and Jon tells him he never had such dreams (and about killing his kin) When we'll see their next conversation it is from Jon's POV and we see him lying or bending the truth a bit, explaining that a bastard always has to keep a low profile, not telling people so much about him , that could bring him in troulbe. This doesn't mean Jon had in fact dragon dreams, but if we'll ever see him having one and we'll wonder why he never had those before, we'll notice that on an reread and would have an explaination. ;)

By the way: hello! this is my first real post here. Please don't mind my language mistakes, I'm not a native speaker. I'll try to write readable. ;)

And if I'm rewriting theories that have been long discussed and are pactically discussed to death, I'm sorry! (I know this'll get on the nerves of the veteran members...)

Aemon's dreams doesn't stop at the wall! He tells Sam that he was dreaming of dragons that are flying over snow. For me it made not the impression that these dreams are driving him mad. I think there is just a very strong connection of Targ's and dragons. Aemon was just upset because he knew that he will die soon and has no longer the possibility to help Dany or "see" this dragons. "Cold preserves" he told Sam, meaning this was the reason why he had to linger for such a long time at the wall and becoming that old.

Furthermore I do not think that disturbing dreams are a special sign for a Targ heritage. Most char's in ASOIAF have very strong dreams e.g. Ned, Jaime, Cersei, Arya.

I think one of the big issues with Dany/Jon, is that Dany has been raised to hate Ned Stark because he was a huge factor in the rebellion. I can foresee that Dany and Jon will find conflict before they find that Jon is actually Raeghar's son. By that time, Jon's warg abilities may have manifested themselves as well as Bran's, and being Targ he can/could skinchange into the dragon.

Here's another off the wall scenario. Let's say hypothetically that Dany has actually NOT had any of the prohpesised betrayals. The ones she did have were just one off's and not related to the prophecies. Then Jon, wargs into her golden dragon and kills her. That's all 3 betrayals at once: gold for the dragons color, blood because Jon is Targ, and love because the dragons and Dany do love each other.

Well I have a new theory.

First I want to state that I think the name of the book (Song of Ice and Fire) is very important. Now this could mean R'Hollor and the Other god, or it could mean a union between Starks and Targaryens (a.k.a. Jon Snow)

So I do think Jon will be very important, I think everyone agrees. But analyzing the union further, Why those two? Why not Targaryen and some other house? So I went over what was unique about Stark blood. They pray to the old god, the children of the forest in the Weirwood. They have the blood of the first men. (I think...? Someone help me out here) and they are also proven Wargs.

Anyway I'm rambling. My theory is that Jon Snow will die fighting for the realm, except he will Warg or transfer his consciousness into an dragon. (Just like Orell was able to do with the Eagle) He is able to do this because of the union of his blood.

Then Dany will ride him into battle.

I do think Dany will ride Jon one way or the other. =D

With regards Cat/Roose - she only goes mad AFTER Robb is killed, which is understandable. She wouldn't be hysterical before, and thus would recognise Roose, as she recognises everyone else in the room. It's only after her sons death that no-ones name is mentioned, and they just become 'Someone'.

Dany wins but as she killed Sansa along the way Arya promptly assasinates her.

Jon is revealed as the rightful heir by Howland Reed, but beause he isn't a jerk and the night watch/wall will be totally destroyed he opts to continue protecting the Seven Kingdoms as lord commander.

Arya Jon says she should rule so she does with Gendry

BrieneDuring Dany's short rule she sees her chance and begs to be a member of the Queensguard but Dany is totally repulsed and rejects her. Promptly commits suicide.

Vary and Tyrion They really just escaped from Kings Landing to go on a gay pleasure cruise and live the rest of their lives together as gay lovers.

Mel spontaneuosly combusts

Archived