Predictions For The End Of The Series

Phantom

My predictions:

• Daeneyrs and Jon Stark-Targaryen rule Westeros together. One of them is PwwP.
  • The wall shatters and falls
  • Samwell Tarly takes over the reconstituted Nights Watch after the Others are defeated
  • Bran helps him rebuild the wall via Giants, etc (Bran the Builder reborn)
  • Rickon ends up as Lord of Winterfell
  • Tyrion is Dany + Jon's Hand
  • Dany, Jon and Bran are the three heads of the dragon
  • Sansa's tutelage under Littlefinger gives her the political savvy to pull the realm together to fight the Others, although she may die in the process
  • Arya assassinates some key people to help move the plot forward, but doesn't play a major role in the war
  • One of Dany's dragons dies from Euron's horn
  • There's a dragon under Winterfell, and it's female
  • Stannis gets eaten by a dragon, as does Melisandre
  • Arya kills Littlefinger
  • Briene and Jaime both die heroically, possibly together. Although I do like the idea of him taking the Black as well.

Of the Stark children, most likely to die are: Sansa, Rickon, Arya, Bran, in that order (most to least)

I'm interested in what is going to happen in Westeros constitutionally. Is Martin planning a transition to democracy?

As it stands, most of the commonfolk in Westeros appear to have few rights. They live and die at the whim of their lords, and justice is very patchy. In wartime it is almost non-existent, and there seems to be too much war, uprisings, rebellions, etc., and it is the commonfolk who suffer the most from this. Martin makes this explicit (there are many examples but see, for instance Brienne's travels in the Riverland and the dialogue she has with the travelling priest etc.). See the popularity of the Brotherhood without Banners, and also the Sparrows. Martin obviously has sympathy for the small folk who get raped, pillaged and murdered while the high Lords play their game of thrones.

Further, the number of uprisings etc. is a sign that Westeros' constitution does not function properly - too many grievances and power struggles which can only be solved by force of arms.

Regarding democracy, we all know that the political plots for the series are lifted heavily from European medieval history. I've read Thomas Costain's account of the Wars of the Roses. There are quite a few moments where it looks like Martin has taken the historical scenario and then filled in the Westeros gloss. I've read on these boards that Martin also pays homage to Costain by naming a House after him - Costayne?

In English history, the uprisings and rebellions came to an abrupt end due to the Glorious Revolution, when power was stripped from the monarch and put in the hands of parliament. The monarch became a ceremonial figure, so it was pointless to start a war to try and change the monarch - it was the end of the game of thrones. Instead, the various factions vied to control parliament thorugh the electoral system. This led to internal peace, and ultimately to ordinary folk having more say in how things were run.

I believe that Martin is looking to inject a little democracy at the end of the series, to bring some resolution to the game of thrones. There are already a couple of models for democracy in Westeros - the Nights Watch and, lately, the Ironborn both elect their leaders by 'moot'. And am I right in remembering that the Wildlings also operate democratically in choosing their leaders.... and the Church???

I suspect that the Sparrows, supported by some influential figures, will be able to achieve some kind of democracy. Maybe a plausible roadmap to democracy is that Euron conquers Westeros in typical Ironborn fashion, pillaging much of the continent and forcing all the Houses to bend the knee. Euron then dies. There is then an argument that because Euron's claim to the throne stemmed from election as leader of the Ironborn, that his successor should also be elected by the people. It would be a nice ending - a small flower emerging from the ashes.

Westeros will then have its first 'presidential' election :) - my guess is that Gendry will win this. He's a good guy and, according to Brienne, looks like Renly, who was loved and followed by many.

Jon Snow: Survives the end of the series, choosing to rebuild the Wall after it falls with the help of the magickal Howland greenseers. He is reunited with Arya at least once. Ghost dies.

Daenerys: Survives the end of the series. After getting to Westeros, Daenerys realizes she has been and still is a political pawn of many people. Fed up with the bullshit, she flies west to new horizons on whichever dragon still lives.

Arya: Survives the end of the series, helping either Jon or Sansa with her assassination skills. She meets Nymeria and is either forced to kill her or saved by her.

Sansa: Survives the end of the series, becoming queen of Westeros after Daenerys either flees or dies. She marries Gendry or Sandor. Littlefinger is either killed by her or sent back to his shitty finger islands a poor beggar.

Bran: Dies or becomes too otherworldly to live in the kingdom. He becomes the Warg King, commanding the Others with Benjen and Bloodraven.

Rickon: Survives, becoming the Warden of the North, with a non-evil Regent until he is older.

Catelyn "Is Your Last Name Frey?" Stark: Dies, either at the hands of a reformed Brotherhood without Banners, by sacrificing herself for a final noble deed, or by giving the kiss of life to the monstrous Robbwind Greyhead.

Stannis: Dies nobly after realizing the folly he has been through. Melisandre is possibly killed by him as well. His last words and/or thoughts are of Renly.

Melisandre: Dies, either sacrificing herself nobly to save the kingdom, or is murdered by Stannis or Davos.

Davos: Survives, becoming the ruler of Dragonstone and/or Storm's End by decree of Stannis.

Cersei: Dies, killed by a million possible people.

Jaime: Dies doing something presumably noble involving his family or Brienne. If he survives, he goes into exile with Tommen or takes the black.

Tyrion: ??? (I do not know what will happen with Tyrion. I think he should die, but GRRM seems to write this character differently than others).

Theon: Dies to save Bran and/or Rickon after a change of heart.

Victarion: Survives, returns to rule the Iron Islands after killing Euron.

Euron: Killed by Dragons.

Asha: Dies, which causes Theon to regain his sanity and do some good deeds before his own death.

Ser Jorah: Stalks Daenerys and ends up trying to kill her after learning she fucked somebody else. He is killed by a dragon or takes the black if he somehow survives.

Jon Snow: Survives the end of the series, choosing to rebuild the Wall after it falls with the help of the magickal Howland greenseers. He is reunited with Arya at least once. Ghost dies.

Daenerys: Survives the end of the series. After getting to Westeros, Daenerys realizes she has been and still is a political pawn of many people. Fed up with the bullshit, she flies west to new horizons on whichever dragon still lives.

Arya: Survives the end of the series, helping either Jon or Sansa with her assassination skills. She meets Nymeria and is either forced to kill her or saved by her.

Sansa: Survives the end of the series, becoming queen of Westeros after Daenerys either flees or dies. She marries Gendry or Sandor. Littlefinger is either killed by her or sent back to his shitty finger islands a poor beggar.

Bran: Dies or becomes too otherworldly to live in the kingdom. He becomes the Warg King, commanding the Others with Benjen and Bloodraven.

Rickon: Survives, becoming the Warden of the North, with a non-evil Regent until he is older.

Catelyn "Is Your Last Name Frey?" Stark: Dies, either at the hands of a reformed Brotherhood without Banners, by sacrificing herself for a final noble deed, or by giving the kiss of life to the monstrous Robbwind Greyhead.

Stannis: Dies nobly after realizing the folly he has been through. Melisandre is possibly killed by him as well. His last words and/or thoughts are of Renly.

Melisandre: Dies, either sacrificing herself nobly to save the kingdom, or is murdered by Stannis or Davos.

Davos: Survives, becoming the ruler of Dragonstone and/or Storm's End by decree of Stannis.

Cersei: Dies, killed by a million possible people.

Jaime: Dies doing something presumably noble involving his family or Brienne. If he survives, he goes into exile with Tommen or takes the black.

Tyrion: ??? (I do not know what will happen with Tyrion. I think he should die, but GRRM seems to write this character differently than others).

Theon: Dies to save Bran and/or Rickon after a change of heart.

Victarion: Survives, returns to rule the Iron Islands after killing Euron.

Euron: Killed by Dragons.

Asha: Dies, which causes Theon to regain his sanity and do some good deeds before his own death.

Ser Jorah: Stalks Daenerys and ends up trying to kill her after learning she fucked somebody else. He is killed by a dragon or takes the black if he somehow survives.

I love the robbwind greyhead theory XD

I agree, it doesn't make much sense. But Robb's corpse is unaccounted for yet has been mentioned a few times -- GRRM seems to rarely reference something if it will not come into use at some point. He is a big user of 'Chekov's gun'.

Of course, if too much time has elapsed than decomposition could make Robb's corpse totally useless.

Westeros will then have its first 'presidential' election :) - my guess is that Gendry will win this. He's a good guy and, according to Brienne, looks like Renly, who was loved and followed by many.

It seems unlikely. Observe how idiotically the masses behave and understand politics throughout the series.

And a genuine Democracy without literacy and the invention of the firearm, seems a stretch. A military ruling class is still necessary right now, and war still requires a lifetime of training. Maybe a "Camelot" style Democracy?

It seems unlikely. Observe how idiotically the masses behave and understand politics throughout the series.

And a genuine Democracy without literacy and the invention of the firearm, seems a stretch. A military ruling class is still necessary right now, and war still requires a lifetime of training. Maybe a "Camelot" style Democracy?

It doesn't need to be a universal franchise to be a democracy. Until the early twentieth century, most democracies only extended the franchise to a minority of the population. It makes sense to me that Martin would end the series with some small steps towards democracy as an alternative to all of the bloodshed from the recent wars.

It doesn't need to be a universal franchise to be a democracy. Until the early twentieth century, most democracies only extended the franchise to a minority of the population. It makes sense to me that Martin would end the series with some small steps towards democracy as an alternative to all of the bloodshed from the recent wars.

Agreed.

I don't think there will be a "democracy" per se, but perhaps something akin to an Estates General.

Many seem to think that there must eventually be someone sitting on the Iron Throne. But what if that is destroyed? Here's a possible scenario: The Wall comes down and Westeros is flooded by the Others at about the same time Dany invades with her dragons. There is a lot of devastation and the Others come to King's Landing. There's a chance to get most of them when they're there, so to save Westeros Daenerys uses her dragons to burn down King's Landing. After that she realises she can't become Queen (or she's killed in the action).

After this an entirely new Westeros must be made and the only thing that could keep the continent together is the threat from WMDs (i.e. the dragons the Targaryens used). But let's say the dragons die as well, after doing what must be done, or they take of with Dany westwards. So how to rule the continent? Assemble all the great and small houses and form a "Federation" of sorts, with an Estates General and a "Grand Council" where the leaders of the great houses take turns as chairman/king/overlord (like the king in RL Malaysia).

Just a thought.

After this an entirely new Westeros must be made and the only thing that could keep the continent together is the threat from WMDs (i.e. the dragons the Targaryens used). But let's say the dragons die as well, after doing what must be done, or they take of with Dany westwards. So how to rule the continent? Assemble all the great and small houses and form a "Federation" of sorts, with an Estates General and a "Grand Council" where the leaders of the great houses take turns as chairman/king/overlord (like the king in RL Malaysia).

IMO, the closest thing to democracy in Medieval Europe were the Italian City States, specifically Venice and Genoa. IIRC a few Scandinavian countries elected theier monarchs just like the Ironborn do, and the combined Poland/Lithuania kingdom had a shortlived constitutional monarchy that was surprisingly liberal for its time.

Venice and Genoa had their democratic systems because of their extensive mercantile system and massive city infrastructure; the feudal aristocracy was strongest in military states, because it is a pure military system. The cities that built their economies around trade didn't have as much of a need for serfdom. Capitalism has many vices, but it DID help usher in the modern world, so it was the lesser of two evils at the time.

On to Westeros- the mercantile system is entirely feudal, with the concept of chivalrous chauvanism firmly entrenched in the aristocracy. The relative unity of the Faith also contributes to this, just as the clergy supported the monarchies.

Democracy in its modern form is therefore the direct outgrowth of humanism/secularism, capitalism, and the waning influence of the clergy and aristocracy coinciding with increased public literacy and education. None of these catalysts are present in Westeros to any extent.

Expect a Magna Carta; don't expect a Bill of Rights. the only change would be that the ultimate power would be placed with the nobles instead of the king; the commoners won't notice anything.

Noting will happen to Petyr because noting bad ever happens to the ones that really deserve it. He will continue to plot and scheme until eventually he gets the Iron Throne at age 84.

Bran will go beyond the wall and will never be heard from again playing no part in the story other then getting thrown out a window.

For a time it will be revealed that Jon is a Targaryen but then someone will discover the truth, that it is too obvious a plot twist and that Jon is actually Jon Arryn's bastard.

Arya will stay in Bravos continuing to kill off any deserters of the Night's Watch that she encounters.

Dany will never get to Westeros giving rise to a spin off series in which she tries and fails repeatedly.

Melisandre will one day realize she has magic powers and George has put absolutely no limitations on magic causing her to destroy the entire army of Others with a click of her finger. She'll then go on to rule Westeros using fear and fire in the name of the lord of the light until she is killed by Sam who is actually Ageon the Conquer in disguise after gaining Immortality from the fountain of youth.

Davos will go on to marry Stanis.

Stanis will hear about Dany and will decide she is the rightful Queen. He will then spend the rest of his days searching for her with Davos.

The Hound is already dead but because the seven think he is such a great character they revive him in order for him to take part in the next Super Smash Bros game.

Meribald will live and continue to walk the river lands until one day he meets up with Nymeria. The man, the wolf and the dog then go on to discover the lost city of Valeria.

It will be revealed that Hodor is actually Maester Aemon's bastard and only says Hodor so people don't know how smart he really is. He will then go on to become King of the Summer Isles.

Loras will recover from his wounds just long enough to firmly tell everyone he is not gay and that Renly was just a great friend to him.

Jamie will learn to fight with his left hand before departing to the land of Hyrule to face the many evils there. On his way he will become King of Gondor.

Tywin will not actually be dead but will be a spy who as made it his goal in life to kill Tyrion.

Tyrion will meet Dany and will play a large part in her spin off series.

And when all that is done George will write a prequel featuring Robert's attempt to usurp the Iron Throne. In that prequel it will be revealed that at the same time Ned was fighting Shinra and Genesis but no one ever thought to mention it again.

And in case no one noticed there was a satirical nature to this prediction.

Ok let me tell my theories as well:

Arya: because of Jon's dream I have a feeling she will be dead. Possibly she will be hired killing Sansa and she refuses to do it, they have the talk.

Dany: Conquers Westeros.

Because she came with a foreign army, in the middle of the winter, after a civil war that left a lot off casualities, she is not popular. She eventually realises, that she did the same thing as Robert, she accepts him as a rightful ruler, and names his real son Gendry as her heir. I think for Dany to accept a Baratheon as her heir would be the biggest character growth since she so hardly believes that they had no right to the throne. She then plays her part with her dragons in the war against the Others ultimatle saves Westeros, but dies during the battle, with all her dragons.

Gendry: He becomes the leader of tBwB, and for some reason it will be known that he is Robert's son, thus even a lot of nobility supporting him, more and more people claiming he is the rightful ruler. So he is sort of choosen, but eventually even accepted by Dany as the heir. After her death he will be the one who rebuilds Westeros (just think about it, he is the Smith). And marries Sansa (this way the original Neds daughter and Roberts son marriage will happen).

Jon Snow: Obvously plays a big part in the war against the others, probably one of the dragon riders. And dies during the battle.

Sansa: She gets away from the Vale when Dany invades it and from LF, with the help of Sandor/Brienne or someone, she will delibaretly cause LF downfall. She will join to the BwB as well. Sorts out things with Arya.

Brienne: Says sword to UnCat, kills Jaime, she becomes AA, she will then join to Gendry, and will fight next to him, she will have some big roles in the war. At the end she will be the first woman who is member of the Kingsguard and she will eventually become the Commander.

Tyrion: Fights next to Dany, with his connections to the mountain tribes they invade the Vale. Kills LF. Becomes the Hand of the king. His marriage with Sansa gets annueled. Varys helps them in seaching for Tysha. But I think he will die during the battle of the others.

Bran: Fights along with Dany as one of the dragonrider. I think he survives and becomes the Lord of Winterfell rebuilding it.

Rickon:No clue.

Stannis: After all the crazy thing with Mellisandre, he decides to take the black to atone for his crimes, and becomes 1000th Lord Commander, rebuilts with Bran the Wall.

Davos: goes back to his family

Margarey: marries Quentyn Martell, thus the Tyrells and the Martells make peace after that many year.

Dolourious Edd: The last scene of the book will be wind or snow flowing trough a bunch of graves, and we see him digging holes for the decased, complaining about left alive.

I really, really, really don't want Dany to win. She has done nothing to deserve to win.

However, she probably will. She's inexplicably succeeded at everything thus far...

I hope Jon just continues on as Lord Commander. The Night's Watch serves for life.

I hope that the Starks who still live reestablish the King in the North.

I don't care what happens in the south, so long as it isn't Dany.

Hello...I think this is my first post in...7? or more years?

Anyway, since some of my predictions are pretty different from others, I thought I would post:

Stannis: Suffers a pretty bad defeat/betrayal which costs him his army. Abandons R'llor for the Great Other, who somehow resurrects his army into Wights which he use to reclaim his crown, and essentially becomes The Night King

Brienne: Is reprieved from the hangman's noose when she reminds Catelyn that she swore she wouldn't interfere with her vengeance against Stannis. Eventually kills Stannis

Mellisandre: Realizes that Stannis is not the chosen one, and goes against him. killed as a result

Davos: Dead, perhaps by going against Stannis. His son gets Dragonstone however

Jon: One of the three heads of the dragon. Dies in combat in the climatic battle with the Others. Or lives but refuses to take the crown when it is offered to him

Dany: Either dies in the climatic battle, or lives to rule Westeros

Sansa: Greatly aids in the consolidation of the South for Dany against the Others using political maneuvering, and becomes the lady of the vale

Bran: Lord of Winterfell, with Rickon as his heir

Tyrion: Dany's hand and probably lord of Casterly Rock. Probably will play a pivotal role in the final book which he will not end up receiving any credit for

Arya: Possibly ordered to kill an important westeros figure, or just plain stowaways with Dany's fleet (which will probably be provided by the Iron bank of Braavos)

Victarion: Probably murdered by Euron

Euron: Dragon-chow

Asha: Will probably become enmeshed in the battle against the Others after Stannis becomes the Night King. Depending on how things go down with her Uncles may or may not become Lord of the Iron Islands

Theon: He'll either kill Ramsay, or be killed by him just as things start looking hopeful for him

Ramsay: Wight bait

Roose: Murdered by Ramsay (probably pretty soon too)

Walder Frey: Dead by natural causes. Black Walder will then cause a civil war among the freys that will most wipe them out, with the rest of the Riverlands lords and Dany pretty much ending this house

Cersei: Will probably have gregorstein slaughter the priests holding her captive, which will cause civil war part 2 when the faith takes up arms against the crown. Jaimie will be responsible for her death, but this won't happen until the Tyrell's go over to Dany

Jaimie: Probably will die protecting Tommen

Littlefinger: outmaneuvered by Sansa, and probably thrown out the moon door

Samwell: Will return to the Nightwatch as a maester, possibly with magical powers, but not before he has a confrontation with his father

Bronn: Somehow the book is going to end with him probably creating the foundation for a powerful new house, just because people like Bronn tend to come up ahead in times like these.

I'm confident in only two predictions:

(A). John ends up as either the King or the Lord of Winterfell. If the latter obly because he first refuses the Iron Throne. There may be loads of significant characters, but this series is ultimately about Jon Snow.

(B) Sam is the 1000th Lord Commander.

The Wall falls, the Others push south past King's Landing all the way to the ruins of Summerhall where they are finally defeated.

Danaerys Targaryen: Leads her dragons in battle against the others, and forestalls them. Until one battle where Drogon is taken down, and both her and her dragon are wightified. Then they become the enemy. Viserion, with Tyrion on him, and Rhaegal, with Brandon Stark, vanquish both her and Drogon, but both dragons take grievous wounds and die later.

Jon Stark: Legitimized by Robb's decree, absolved of his vow to the Night's Watch when the Wall fell and they were scattered, got behind the Others and their wights as they advanced south, he and a pocket of survivors (including Asha, Val, Melisandre, and Pyp) meet up with Tormund and his group, Bran, Meera Reed (Jojen is dead), Coldhands, Benjen, and the CotF, where they fly south after the Others and their army, rescuing other pockets of survivors (Gendry, Thoros, Blackfish, Osha, Rickon, and Sandor Clegane), and taking the Others and their wights in their flank as a force of united warriors from the seven kingdoms led by Tyrion Lannister and the remaining dragons hit them from the front. Ghost dies in the final battle.

Aftewards, Jon Stark works his way north along with his brothers to rebuild the north. He learns of his Targaryen heritage, but he tells no one but those closest to him, thus seemingly ending the Targaryen line forever. He is considered for the Kingship at the Great Council, but he withdraws his name. He is offered the lordship of Winterfell, but he refuses, and makes his home on the gift, where he marries Val and lives the rest of his life with the lands beyond the wall in his view.

Sansa Stark: In the Vale when the Others descend upon it. Forces her and the rest of them up the mountain until they are in the Eyrie where it is freezing cold and there is little food. Sansa and Mya Stone are the only survivors by the time they are rescued because they ate Littlefinger. Traumatized, she leaves Westeros and her cannibalism behind, and becomes a famous courtesan in Braavos.

Arya Stark: Works as an assassin for the Faceless Men, but defies the organization when she learns of the Others and the Wall falling. The Kindly Man tells her that it is fate, that all men must die, she agrees as she kills him, takes Needle and finds Danaerys as she is making her way back across the narrow sea. She fights heroically with Danaerys' warriors and with the united army against the Others. She picks up Dawn after Ned Dayne falls, and lays waste to a bunch of Others during the final battle. Nymeria and her decimated pack shadow Jon on his march south, and she rips her way through the Others and the wights to find Arya, and dies at her feet.

She is reunited with Jon, Bran, and Rickon, and ends up married to Gendry after he is legitimized by Tyrion Lannister and awarded Storm's End for his heroism in the final battle and for being the last surviving male Baratheon. She returns Dawn and Ned's bones to Starfall with Gendry before returning with him to Storm's End. She bears Gendry a son and a daughter before she is killed by the Faceless Men, who take the life that she owes them.

Brandon Stark: Becomes a warg and greenseer extrordinaire, warging Rhaegal and helping Tyrion destroy wight Dany and Drogon. After rebuilding the north, he says his farewells to his brothers and departs for the far north, to live his life among the weirwoods and the children and Meera Reed never to be seen again. Summer dies of old age before Bran leaves, and is buried next to his brothers and sisters.

Rickon Stark: Refugee at Greywater Watch when Jon and his party destroy the Others surrouding them. Squires for Jon during the final battle, fights ferociously for a boy of ten. Shaggy dies next to Ghost. Made Lord of Winterfell after Jon and Bran refuse. Awarded Dark Sister by Tyrion Lannister as a replacement for Ice.

Tyrion Lannister: Leads the united armies of Westeros after Danaerys falls. Rider of Viserion. Elected King by the Great Council following the victory over the Others. Marries Arianne Martell, has many children with her, and gives the Realm many years of peace and prosperity.

Samwell Tarly: Becomes a Maester of The Citadel, and is very valuable to Danaerys and Tyrion for his knowledge of the Others and for his way with the dragons. He is raised to Archmaester of The Citadel after the war where he can keep in touch with Gilly and Mance's son.

Sandor Clegane: A refugee on the God's Eye after the Others flooded south. Along with Brynden Tully, Gendry, Thoros of Myr, and Anguy. Joined up with Jon and his army on their way south. Given Dark Sister by Bloodraven (Coldhands) since he is the best sword in their group and Jon has Longclaw. They trade off with the sword, however, as the Blackfish, Thoros, Asha, and Gendry all take turns wielding it whenever Sandor tires.

After the final battle, he is elected High Septon and returns Dark Sister back to the crown, who then sends it north with Rickon Stark. As High Septon, he spends the rest of his days rebuilding septs all across Westeros.

Gendry Baratheon: Legitimized by Tyrion Lannister, awarded Storm's End, marries Arya Stark.

Asha Greyjoy: The Others destroy the Iron Islands completely, and Asha forsakes them. She agrees to wed Willas Tyrell to heal the breach between her people and his, but she must be given every other year to return to the sea. Willas agrees to her terms.

Alleras: As valuable as Sam to Danaerys and Tyrion, provides excellent council and nearly as knowledgeable as Sam. Raised to Grand Maester after the war before she is revealed as Sarella. Tyrion doesn't care, setting a precedent for women at the Citadel.

Willas Tyrell: Proves himself to be an excellent commander. Lord of Highgarden. Raised to Hand of the King by Tyrion Lannister after the war. Marries Asha Greyjoy as the surviving Ironborn settle the Shield Islands and are given land to fill the empty castles.

Brynden Tully: Serves as Steward and Castellan of Riverrun and raises Edmure's son to lordship. He ends his days unwed.

Melisandre: Broken after the Others take the Wall and devour Stannis, throwing all of her certainties into the wind. Jon tells her to get off her ass because they need her help. She follows Jon first north and then south, no longer confidrant in her red god. She dies when she tries to burn wight Drogon and Dany as she did Varamyr's eagle, and gets roasted in return along with Thoros of Myr.

Obviously, we're reading the greatest love story of our time. Dany crosses the sea and meets Jon. They fall "irrevocably" in love. Her dragons handle the pesky Others and various hooligans. We are finally treated to a -white- wedding. All the death and destruction was just a platform for a tale of star-crossed lovers. One day we'll see ASoIaF in the paperback section with a cover heavy on shirtlessness and flowing locks.

"Loras will recover from his wounds just long enough to firmly tell everyone he is not gay and that Renly was just a great friend to him."

Except for that one time in college...

And the idea that Arya and Jon meet again? I almost don't care what happens, as long as this does. The Starks shouldn't all live (or die) alone. There has to be a moment where we can see part of the family side by side, and touch the changes that have been wrought in these characters.

Archived