Predictions For The End Of The Series

Phantom

So I've searched and searched for a topic along the same lines as this one but couldn't find a single one. So I've decided to start this discussion myself. A Dance of Dragons is still yet to be released and we've been told there will now be seven books in total (hopefully).

What do you think will end up happening to the characters in ASOIAF? Who will die? Who will end up living? Which character will rule Westeros, and which character will suffer defeat at the hands of the reigning ruler?

These are just a few, but not all, of the questions plaguing readers of the series.

Discussions and comments on predictions of other members are welcome as well.

So go forth and predict!

My own predictions:

Arya Stark: Ends up a faceless man. Kills all of those (or most) on her hit list (all that remain, anyway.)

Asha Greyjoy: Dies in The Winds of Winter.

Bran Stark: Dies at the end of Dance , gets revived by his mother, turns into Zombie Child of the Forest and battles the Others with his Uncle.

Brienne of Tarth: Lives and eventually kills Jaime, but not because Un-Cat asked her to. Becomes part of the Queens/Kingsguard.

Catelyn (Zombie) Stark: Dies saving/reviving Bran.

Cersei Baratheon: Her death is faked, and she remains in the dungeon in King's Landing under the rule of the Faith for some time. Eventually released, but is clinically insane.

Daenerys Targaryen: Restores the Targaryen family to power, and rule over Westeros. Dies/killed in A Dream of Spring and is succeeded by her recently discovered nephew, John Snow.

Davos Seaworth: Eventually kills Stannis and is killed in the aftermath.

Jaime Lannister: Killed in single combat by Brienne.

Jon Snow: Finds out he's not Ned Stark's bastard, but the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. When the Wall is destroyed, he joins Dany on her quest and eventually conquering of Westeros but starts showing signs of madness towards the end of The Winds of Winter. Rules after Dany's death before the madness sets in at the end of A Dream of Spring.

Petyr Baelish: Found and discovered by Arya near the end of The Winds of Winter or the beginning of A Dream of Spring and assassinated.

Rickon Stark: Becomes the Stark in Winterfell.

Sandor Clegane: Found and murdered by Arya Stark.

Sansa Stark: Slowly turns into a fantastic schemer (through observing Littlefinger) and eventually aids in his demise. Reunited briefly with Sandor before he too is murdered by Arya. Ends up Lady of the Vale.

Stannis Baratheon: Killed by Davos Seaworth.

Theon Greyjoy: Escapes and eventually finds Rickon and helps keep him safe. Returns to Winterfell with Rickon where he is killed by Catelyn.

Tyrion Lannister: Finds Dany and becomes her chief advisor alongside Selmy. Finds Tysha, is rejected in The Winds of Winter, and serves as Danys Hand until her death where he promptly leaves to claim Casterly Rock.

I like it that Jon eventually goes insane.

For me it is:

Arya: Becomes a Faceless Man and kills everyone on her hit list, plus the remaining Freys. Dies in A Dream of Spring.

Sansa: Outsmarts and kills Littlefinger. Becomes Lady of Winterfell.

Bran: Becomes one of the three dragon riders in A Dance With Dragons. Alive at the end.

Cersei: Killed by Jaime.

Jaime: Dies in A Dream of Spring, but I don't know by who.

Theon: Killed by Ramsay in A Dance With Dragons.

Dany: Dies in A Dream of Spring, but takes the Others with her.

Tyrion: Turns Casterly Rock into his whorehouse.

My own predictions:

Arya Stark: Will die..or end up roaming Bravoos forever.

Asha Greyjoy: Dies

Bran Stark: Becomes a great hero. Has a large impact on the war, returns to winterfell.

Brienne of Tarth: dont care really.

Catelyn Stark: Dies..and soon

Cersei Baratheon: Dies, killed by jamie

Daenerys Targaryen: dies also. She wont rule and probably wont live, and if she does, wont be in westeros. Shes not a good character, and definitely not one for ruling westeros.

Davos Seaworth: he will live.

Jaime Lannister: Will Live and inherit casterly rock if the incest is found out.

Jon Snow: Leads the NW and many others against the greatest part of the others army. Stays with the NW and helps rebuild the wall and restore NW honor (not just for criminals). He will be the price that was promised, but I wouldn't put too much into the prophecy. He wont become king. I would equate him to Aragorn from Lord of the rings. He plays a very significant role against the armies, but alas he is not the actual Hero of the defeat of the army. Just its greatest defense.

Petyr Baelish: dies..probably last or second to last by someone..falls to his death by sansa maybe.

Sandor Clegane: Lives..probably stays as a gravedigger.

Sansa Stark: Will return to Winterfell or be lady of the vale.

Stannis Baratheon: Dies..proving Mellisandre prophecy wrong.

Theon Greyjoy: Eh..wouldn't be suprised to never hear of him again.

Tyrion Lannister: Dies in final battle against the others.

Howland Reed: Will fill in the blanks from the Tower of Joy. Probably tell us he is Lyanna and Rheagers son. However will be to late to suprise anyone and dont think by that time will even matter to Jon. Probably be shrugged off. Also could be harbering Rickon, and deliever him to winterfell with Osha.

Not sure who can be king after all said and done. Maybe Loras sister with Bull helm blacksmith kid.

In the end...

Petyr Baelish will sit the Iron Throne with his Queen Sansa Baelish.

Most other PoV characters will have died except Tyrion Lannister who Petyr turns into the royal jester.

Under the rule of Petyr Baelish all of Westeros lives in peace and harmony.

I see, Tyrion, Dany and the Lanister Twins, Cersei and Jaime, dead

Stannis lives, but isn't the pwwp or king, Davos future is uncertain

Theon kills Ramsey and maybe Roose and will most likely live, but be crazy and just walk away into the night with Asha getting the iron islands and just letting everyone else be after some tragidy befalls her

I can't see Bran dying, or Jon, Bran becomes lord of Winterfell and maybe king in the north, Jon stays with NW even if it turns out he's one of the three heads, which i assume he will with Dany and Tyrion being the other two, some how, though their dead meant i think

all the zombies will be wiped out when the magic in the world goes out again, most, like Catlyn, will die before that

Sansa kills Littlefinger, finnaly, Sandor doesn't ever do anything again

and Arya is the one who kills Cersei's last remaining children, when she finally decides she wants an identity, but than slips back into the shadows

so who sits on the iron thrown... probably Gendry really

Sandor Clegane: Found and murdered by Arya Stark.

Uh, question here. Why would Arya make a special trip to find, and murder, Sandor Clegane when she already had her chance to do so? She was with him when he had a horrible wound and was asking her for mercy (death). She didn't kill him then, so why should she go and do it afterwards? Did she think he was going to suffer and so left him alone? Then discovered he had survived and decided to change that? I think Arya took Sandor off her death list and she isn't going to go after him anymore.

I really hope the series ends with the line "and Jaime sat on the Iron throne to see who would come and claim it."

Jon will stay on the wall whether he's a Targ or not.

Stannis will either parellel the night king and die or take the black.

Dany won't end up on the Iron throne.

Sansa gets into plotics and becomes lady of the vale from Harry the Heir or by controlling Sweetrobin.

Jon and Dany will be the rulers on the Iron throne at the end.

Tyrion and Sansa will decide to remain married and rule Casterly Rock together.

Littlefinger will wind up getting killed in a weird way, possibly Lysa's son may do the deed.

Brienne will eventually go back to her homeland, and marry a Lord there.

When Stannis realizes Mel is a fraud he will kill her, and decides to go back to Dragonstone and live out his days there. Davos helps him rule as Hand, and Devan(Davos son) marries Stannis daughter.

When Tommen and Myrcella get killed, Jaime finds out it was Cersei's fault somehow, they argue and Cersei says some really cutting things to Jaime which sends him over the edge. In anger he kills Cersei, and is so grieved he kills himself beside her.

Catelyn will die for good but not before she finally sees all her remaining children are OK.

Walder Frey and Roose Bolton, both families will be wiped out by the Others, and no one will care.

Roslin Frey Tully will die in childbirth giving birth to healthy twin sons, and Edmure will marry a servant girl. He and Blackfish will run a successful farm together.

Arianne Martell will somehow get killed, and the 8 Sand Snakes will consolidate and rule Dorne. Prince Doran will die from grief after his daughter. Hotah marries Obara. Quentyn gets killed in a war of some sort in DwD.

Arya will become a successful assassin but after seeing and saying goodbye to her Mother gives it up and decides to become a Sept or simply return to Winterfell and start a new life.

Bran will warg together with Hodor magically, and he will be healed of his paraylsis and become a warrior along with the Reed children. They will find some hidden treasure of some sort.

Rickon and Osha were kept in hiding by Howland Reed and his wife. Rickon and Bran also return to Winterfell to rebuild it along with Arya.

Sandor becomes a religious figure, like a monk, and goes to live at Casterly Rock as Tyrion&Sansa's advisor.

Asha will become Queen of the Iron Islands after both Victarion and Euron get killed chasing after Dany. Damphair will try an uprising against Queen Asha, but will die in the process. Theon will be Asha's hand, and prove he is a changed man.

Margery, after her name is cleared, will divorce Tommen and hightail it back to Highgarden and lay low. She eventually marries a lesser known knight and lives happily ever after unroyally.

Qyburn is killed by his own created monsters, Mrs. Stokesworth and Gregor.

Arya Stark: Never completes her training to become a Faceless Man; returns to Westeros prematurely after she realizes that she can never truly cut House Stark out of her heart. She plays an important role, though her exploits are never ascribed to her hand. Slain in the war against the Others.

Asha Greyjoy: Rules the Iron Islands from Pyke following the war as the last surviving Greyjoy.

Bran Stark: Becomes one of the three Heads of the Dragon; contributes largely to the victory over the Others through his knowledge as a Greenseer. Slain in the war against the Others.

Brienne of Tarth: Spared from the hangman's noose and goes on to distinguish herself in the service of Sansa Stark. Becomes the first woman admitted to the Order of the Kingsguard.

Catelyn (Zombie) Stark: Despite her seemingly "just" intentions and the shadow of her past life of which she is still vaguely aware, she figures largely as a harbinger for the coming of the Others; slain by dragonfire.

Cersei Baratheon: Executed under the orders of the Faith.

Daenerys Targaryen: One of the Three Heads of the Dragon; pivotal in the victory over the Others and restored to her rightful throne. Sees all three of her beloved dragons perish in war. After a string of political suitors she dies, old and unwed, leaving behind no heir.

Davos Seaworth: Retires to a quiet life with his wife and remaining family.

Jaime Lannister: Redeems his honor in the war against the Others; slain in battle; esteemed in remembrance but largely unlamented.

Jon Snow: Slain in battle as the 998th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

Petyr Baelish: Beheaded by the order of Stannis Baratheon, Hand of the Queen.

Rickon Stark: The last surviving heir of House Stark; grows into a hard and jaded man; rules the North justly in the name of the Queen.

Roose Bolton: Serves as the Warden of the North until Rickon Stark comes of age.

Sandor Clegane: Cloistered, he quietly lives out his remaining years.

Sansa Stark: Weds Quentyn Martell and raises four sons and two daughters in Dorne.

Samwell Tarly: Forges most of his Maester's chain before abandoning the Citadel to help his brothers in the Night's Watch. Distinguishes himself greatly in the war against the Others. Becomes the 1000th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, following Denys Mallister, Jon Snow's successor, who dies of natural causes. Remembered fondly not as Sam the Slayer but as Samwell the Wise.

Stannis Baratheon: Unwilling to bend knee to any Lannister, he maintains his rebellion until an alliance is hammered out with Daenerys Targaryen. Following war's end he is appointed her Hand, successor to Tyrion Lannister. By the grace of the Queen has Edric Storm legitimized into Edric Baratheon, naming him heir to Storm's End.

Theon Greyjoy: Lives a short and pitiful existence as Reek, driven to insanity in the dungeons of the Dreadfort. Slain by the errant blade of a drunken knight in a White Harbor tavern. The knight, of course, is excused.

Tyrion Lannister: Named Hand of the Queen in Meereen by Daenerys I Targaryen. Helps to train the queen's dragons, Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal. Fashions dragonback saddles of his own devising for the three Heads of the Dragon. Goes into battle alongside his Queen as the third Head of the Dragon, for on the back of a dragon even a dwarf casts a tall shadow, albeit one that is quite awkward. Does many great works as the Hand of the Queen, with special patronage to both the common folk and the Night's Watch. Dies young, leaving behind a son who will grow to be the Lord of Casterly Rock.

^ Roose remains Warden of the North, ruling til Rickon comes of age even though he killed Robb?

Roose Bolton didn't kill Robb Stark. He conspired with Walder Frey and the Lannisters, which of course one could argue is just as bad, but in politics you've sometimes got to put up with grudges and old war wounds. Look at the amount of people who fought against Robert that went on to serve him, once pardoned. I would think that because of impending conflict with the Others, there's not going to be a lot of time to deal with Roose, even if/when his fake Arya is revealed as a fraud. When Rickon is a grown man and the realm is peaceful and well-ordered, supposing Roose Bolton is still alive, the time for vengeance will be ripe. After all, revenge is a dish best served cold, especially north of the Wall.

Roose Bolton didn't kill Robb Stark. He conspired with Walder Frey and the Lannisters, which of course one could argue is just as bad, but in politics you've sometimes got to put up with grudges and old war wounds. Look at the amount of people who fought against Robert that went on to serve him, once pardoned. I would think that because of impending conflict with the Others, there's not going to be a lot of time to deal with Roose, even if/when his fake Arya is revealed as a fraud. When Rickon is a grown man and the realm is peaceful and well-ordered, supposing Roose Bolton is still alive, the time for vengeance will be ripe. After all, revenge is a dish best served cold, especially north of the Wall.

I'm pretty sure it was Roose who killed Robb..."Jamie Lannister sends his regards"? Or I am mistaken?

Uh, question here. Why would Arya make a special trip to find, and murder, Sandor Clegane when she already had her chance to do so? She was with him when he had a horrible wound and was asking her for mercy (death). She didn't kill him then, so why should she go and do it afterwards? Did she think he was going to suffer and so left him alone? Then discovered he had survived and decided to change that? I think Arya took Sandor off her death list and she isn't going to go after him anymore.

Actually, I don't think she'll specifically go out and look for him, but find him with her sister or something of the sort that would make her regret not killing him in the first place. Some misunderstanding. After he's somehow redeemed himself so that his death is all the more tragic.

Um, no. Sorry buddy. Roose killed Robb Stark.

ASoS p. 583,

1) The Pink Cloak:

The man who killed Robb was wearing a pink cloak. Pink is the color of House Bolton, and Roose has often been seen wearing a pink cloak. (ACoK, p. 693)

2) Bolton’s Disappearance

In ASoS, p. 577, just before Robb’s death, Roose excuses himself from the wedding to go use the privy. It seems likely that he actually donning his sword to kill Robb.

3) Jaime's Regards

On ASoS, p. 500, Jaime bids farewell to Roose at Harrenhal. Roose begins by saying:

“You will give my warm regards to your father?”

“So long as you give mine to Robb Stark.”

“That I shall.”

Red Wedding, p. 583.

A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak spotted with blood stepped up to Robb. “Jaime Lannister sends his regards.”He thrust his longsword through her son’s heart, and twisted.

Yes, this was just Roose, passing along Jaime’s regards to Robb before killing him.

Melisandre: Is evil. Therefore, she will die. My crackpot theory still thinks shes actually working with the Others.

Stannis Baratheon: Realizes hes been a fool. Does something stupid to rectify situation. Dies. Its also possible that he does get to go back to Dragonstone, but meh.

Davos Seaworth: Outlives Stannis. Hard to determine if he would just return home for a happily ever after or get involved for someone else and die.

Sam: Gathers necessary information from Citadel for fighting Others and Dragons, then returns to Citadel to be smart. Probably reunites with Gilly

Hodor: Bran is gonna do something stupid at some point, causing Hodor to die. We all cry.

Theon Greyjoy: Escapes and eventually finds Rickon and helps keep him safe. Gets Rickon back to Winterfell. Returns to rule Iron Islands.

Asha Greyjoy: Survives. Becomes member of Queensguard.

Brienne of Tarth: Keeps her vow to keep Sansa safe through the battles. Once dust clears, has one night with Jaime, then becomes member of Queensguard.

Cersei Baratheon: Crazy. Tommen and Myrcella die. Gets crazier. Dies at Jaime's hand in an act of mercy. Everyone has a good laugh.

Petyr Baelish: Too useful to die. Gets to resume duties as Master of Coin, from a comfy locked room in Kings Landing.

Catelyn (Zombie) Stark: Runs around like a lunatic for a while. Kills every.single.Frey. "Dies" saving Jon. Yes, Jon.

Rickon Stark: Becomes the Stark in Winterfell.

Bran Stark: Completes his transformation into faerie-hippy thing and brings his druid magic and allies to the big battle against the Others and then returns to the wild.

Jaime Lannister: Stays on the straight and narrow. Kills Cersei. puts together new Queensguard. Then retires, has one night with Brienne, and leaves to wander world righting wrongs.

Loras Tyrell: Becomes leader of the new Queensguard when Jamie retires.

Margaery Tyrell: Becomes untouchable after Tommen dies. Works with Queen of Thorns to remove Mace from power. Finally makes peace with Dorne.

the Dornish: Suffers heavy losses getting involved in the clash of kings once the Others and Dragons get involved. Mostly wind up returning to Dorne.

Varys: Everything he's said is true! In a play on the "make love and die" cliche, as soon as someone, maybe Dany, tells Varys they trust him, he's going to die.

Jon Snow: Convinces Dany and possibly other factions to turn their attention to the Others, thus saving the world. May provide some assistance to these factions after the fact, but once hes happy with the new Queen, he returns to rebuild the Nights Watch and keep his vows. He is not going to be king.

Arya Stark: Will kill a few people and then wind up with an order to kill Alayne. About to kill Sandor when Alayne stops her. Realizes its Sansa. She will either kill herself or hesitate and get run through by Sandor.

Sandor Clegane: Comes out of retirement to kill Gregorstein. Finds out Sansa is alive and goes to protect her. If Arya doesn't kill herself, hes the one who finishes her off to protect Sansa. Survives to become a member of new Queensguard.

Jorah: How did you guys forget him. I'm betting he goes to Stannis or King's Landing to sell out Dany, reconsiders when he sees how bad the situation is, goes back to Dany like a sad puppy, but she refuses to listen to anything he says. Once he's proven right, becomes member of Queensguard.

Daenerys Targaryen: Stops invasion to protect world from Others. Gets hailed as hero and is going to become Queen but she continues to list Jorah as one of her three betrayals, ignores Jorah when he returns with warnings, and actual betrayal #3 kills her.

Tyrion Lannister: Makes friends, influences people. Gets to ride a dragon. In the end, becomes Hand of the Queen, as long as he grants her a divorce!

Sansa Stark: Outsmarts Littlefinger. Gathers allies. With Dany dead, and with the support of Jon, Rickon and the northmen, Jaime, the Tyrells, her Queensguard, she becomes Queen. Because sometimes, life IS like a storybook.

Or at least, storybooks are like storybooks.

(edited to remove big blank space)

Um, no. Sorry buddy. Roose killed Robb Stark.

Interesting theory, but highly dubious. I think Catelyn Stark would recognize Roose Bolton. "Dark armor" makes no mention of a helm that hides the assailant's face or disguises him in any way; the fact that he was simply described as "a man" suggests Catelyn did not know his name. Regardless of her state of mind and the things going on around them, she had no trouble recognizing everyone else, and I think she would pay special attention to the man that drove his sword into Robb's chest. It was most likely an underling, a Bolton soldier or bannerman, someone reliable, whom Bolton would trust with the task. Perhaps Steelshanks Walton.

Guest Other-in-Law

Interesting theory, but highly dubious. I think Catelyn Stark would recognize Roose Bolton.

Cat doesn't even recognise her own fingernails at that point:

"The tears burned like vinegar as they ran down her cheeks. Ten fierce ravens were raking her face with sharp talons and tearing off strips of flesh, leaving deep furrows in that ran red with blood."

Then she laughs as the blood runs down her fingers, tickling her. And when they go to grab the madwoman's hair to slit her throat, she thinks "No, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair". Not really a witness who can be relied on to report exactly what's happening in a literal, accurate fashion, there.

Gosh, ya'll are optimistic romantics. I'm tempted to think everyone dies. My pet prediction is that the 7 kingdoms dissolve into (at least) 7 actual kingdoms, and that something will change with the seasons. Also possibly the dragons will die out for real and magic will leave forever. Or alternatively, the dragons will thrive, and the land will into depraved magical barbarism, as magic is the opposite of civilization.

Interesting theory, but highly dubious. I think Catelyn Stark would recognize Roose Bolton. "Dark armor" makes no mention of a helm that hides the assailant's face or disguises him in any way; the fact that he was simply described as "a man" suggests Catelyn did not know his name. Regardless of her state of mind and the things going on around them, she had no trouble recognizing everyone else, and I think she would pay special attention to the man that drove his sword into Robb's chest.

Yes, because Martin is always obvious in his writing. Instead of what was written, it should've said:

A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak, whose name was Roose Bolton, spotted with blood stepped up to Robb. “Jaime Lannister sends his regards.” Bolton thrust his longsword through her son’s heart, and twisted.

And Catelyn was so obviously composed and rational that if it really was bolton, she surely would have thought of his name before wondering why the bad men wanted to cut her hair.

:rolleyes:

Gosh, ya'll are optimistic romantics. I'm tempted to think everyone dies. My pet prediction is that the 7 kingdoms dissolve into (at least) 7 actual kingdoms, and that something will change with the seasons. Also possibly the dragons will die out for real and magic will leave forever. Or alternatively, the dragons will thrive, and the land will into depraved magical barbarism, as magic is the opposite of civilization.

Haha, are you kidding me? I'm tempted to backtrack and be a little nicer. I've just realized everyone on my list either dies or goes insane. Except Rickon, whom I don't give a crap about.

Archived