Predictions For The End Of The Series

Phantom

My prediction is that the headless corpse of Robb Stark that had Grey Wind's head sewn onto it is found and then revived by UnCat. This will lead to Robb being the leader of that roaming wolfpack, I have no idea what they will do.

I also predict that George Martin will reveal that Benjen Stark is actually ADWD. Think about it, they both exist, people have no idea what has really happened to them, they get randomly mentioned in conversation, we keep expecting to see it.

After Jorah Mormont gets banished, he promptly goes out and tries to find a pleasure barge. Thinking that will help him get back into Dany's favor because of all the men who have pursued her in the past that have all had pleasure barges (and how that really hasn't influenced Dany one way or another). He will find a way to show Dany he has acquired a pleasure barge, Dany will summarily reject him, call him a fool, and he will walk away dejected again.

That's all I got.

Anyway I'm rambling. My theory is that Jon Snow will die fighting for the realm, except he will Warg or transfer his consciousness into an dragon. (Just like Orell was able to do with the Eagle) He is able to do this because of the union of his blood.

Then Dany will ride him into battle.

I do think Dany will ride Jon one way or the other. =D

This could connect well with the three mounts, one to bed, one to dread and one to love.

It's "mounts" not lovers, so the first can be drogo, the second who knows, and the third could be jon inside a dragon. it doesn't necessarily have to mean sex, especially since GRRM used the word "mount"

I think azor ahai/prince that was promised/his is the song of ice and fire/hero that fought the others are all the same person. and I think this person is the key to the entire series.

The battle between westeros and the others will cause many casualties, and all of the starks except Sansa. Arya, Bran and maybe Rickon continue to live on through the trees and animals of the North.

I think Jon will realize that the Others are "gods" similar to the way Craster saw them, and he had to give a sacrifice to appease them and make them go away. First, he gives them Ghost, then he gives them Rickon (or one of his other siblings), and finally he has to give them Dany (whom he has bedded by now).

Jon refuses to give them Dany and Stannis (who is a wight) blows the horn of winter, bringing down the Wall. Jon and Dany and her dragons all turn into wights.

The others spill over westeros causing dying and destruction everywhere. At this point Tommen or whomever is sitting the iron throne realizes the story of azor ahai is metaphorical and he must sacrifice that which he loves to the Others. he gives the others Ser Pounce, then he gives them Myrcella, and when he must give them his mother, he agrees to it.

Thus the 7 kingdoms are saved, all septs are converted to worshipping the great other, who is the one true god who is now happy because hes being worshipped and doesnt need to kill people anymore.

I've forgotten half the characters and its way too overly simplsitic to serve as an ending, but, something with a metaphorical azor ahai could work, imo.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, Here's my list:

Cersei: Killed off by Jaime in some fashion after going terminally insane and attempting to burn down King's Landing (possibly during Dany's invasion)in an eerie echo of his slaying of Aerys.

Jaime: Killed off shortly afterwards by Ser Barristan or someone else.

Jon Snow: Finds out he is Lyanna and Rhaegar's son, and is then burned alive (Possibly by his own consent) by Melisandre to temper Lightbringer after the wall comes down (You know it will) and the Others invade.

Sansa: Imprisoned by Littlefinger after she screws up his plan BIG time, is later released, but is a broken, cynical, pathological liar. May or may not kill Littlefinger and may or may not be killed by Arya.

Stannis: Overwhelemed and torn to pieces by the Others when Lightbringer doesn't work. It then falls to the ground, waiting for someone to pick it up, probably Dany.

Melisandre: I have no earthly Idea. Perhaps she will duel Bran Stark to the death? I do, however, have a feeling she will cause the Wall to fall and will kill Jon Snow, and do believe she may well survive the series.

Lady Stoneheart: Becomes progressively more insane as time wears on. I see three possibilities (That probably will not happen). One- she goes north, brutally murders the Bolton men, and finds out from Theon that Bran and Rickon are alive before slaughtering him and going North. If so, she will be critical in saving Bran from his dark fate as the Other's answer to Melisandre, and may have to kill him. Possibility two: She goes to the Arryn lands, discovers Sansa and Littlefinger, and horrifically kills him before being killed by Sansa (MORE Irony) or, actually killing Sansa, then committing suicide in a manner most similar to Sweeny Todd. Or, alternatively, Littlefinger is forced to kill her- the only thing he ever loved.

Littlefinger: Myriad Possibilities, mostly ironic. I do think that Sansa wil F*ck up his plan horribly. Two branches of thought come to mind: One- Littlfinger dies, horribly, at someone- Sansa, UnCat, Arya, or hell, even Rickon ...somehow

Or, branch two: Littlefinger lives, is crowned King, but is manically depressed- He has no Cat, No Sansa, nothing that he wanted.

Bran Stark: I see a dark, dark future for the little man. I believe firmly that the Three-eyed crow and the Great Other are one and the same. Bran will become the Other's Melisandre. He will be at the head of their army, mad, or in half-control. Ultimately,at the end, I think he will snap out of it and attempt to warg ALL of the others or even the Great Other, or R'hllor, something huge. I don't see him survivng it, though.

Tyrion: He'll live, poor thing, wandering around, with a bittersweet, quasi-happy ending. Come to think of it, maybe he'll be the one to kill Jaime, given his coming alliance with Dany. Maybe he'll marry her, and be the new king? King Tyrion Lannister I? I see him surviving, somehow.

Dany: I see her becoming Queen, and then dying, as the one to fight the Others as "Fire" to Bran Stark's "Ice". I see her picking up the dropped Lightbringer and stampeding to death in a blaze of glory.

Davos: Lives, Dies, I don't know. I do hope he gets to slap some sense into a catatonic, broken Melisandre and getting her to help stop the Invasion she sets off by dropping the wall. I don't know where he'll end up.

Sandor: Vanishes into Ignomity. May or may not kill Gregorstein.

Arya: I think she'll wind up as the "Toby" of this epic- the last survivor, but terminally insane. She'll probably wind up killing several major characters, and, then even Nymeria in self defense, ultimately and truly becoming "No One" as she no longer has anything worth remembering herself for. She's a survivor, but only nominally. In all truth, the sweet, somewhat rebellious daughter of Ned Stark no longer exists.

Brienne: Somehow gets through alright. Maybe she marries Samwell?

Samwell: Aww, come on! I hope to God this one lives. I had a crazy theory he might marry Dany once. I must have been drunk. Maybe he goes north again, or, better yet, discovers the book that so turned Prince Rhaegar, and the meaning behind the Song of Ice and Fire.

That's all I've got. Oh, and one more:

Syrio Forel: Climbs out from hell itself, and kills Littlefinger, Cersei, Melisandre, Un Cat, the Other, R'hlor, and Illyrio, Varys, The remaining Bloody Mummers, Gregorstein, the Boltons, Euron, most of the Ironmen, and dances on their graves.

1. Margaery Tyrell: Margaery will not be convicted, once everyone withdraws their accusation (s). The High Septon will dismiss her with the thanks of the court. Her role afterwards is anyone's guess. She end the story married to Jon, queen for a FOURTH time, and sick of politics.

2. Loras Tyrell: On his return from Dragonstone, Loras, crippled and smelling like a rendering plant will wind up in a far corner of the Red Keep with only an unluck maester for company. His role in the story will be minimal.

3. Cersei: Cersei will be convicted but her execution postponed after the Tyrell/Lannister (mostly Tyrell) armies return to the city. She will continue to intrigue but ultimately fail. Jaime will choke her to death, but not until he's lost his other hand.

4. Tommen: Tommen will die of some as yet unnamed disease. This will make Stannis the legitimate king, creating new loyalties and new factions. Again. None of the other (major) players will recognize him, of course.

Oh, and Myrcella will either die or not matter. I have no idea which.

5. Quentyn Martell: Infected on the way to Meereen. Seeks out Dany anyway, causing a plague to spread throughout Slavers Bay. Quentyn and Dany do not marry. He may survive, but he won't be too happy.

6. Theon Greyjoy: Theon will survive the Dreadfort and Ramsay's companionship on the campaign trail. He will kill or help kill Ramsay; but either way he'll flay him as well. Winds up as Stannis' new standard-bearer, and finally as Lord of the Iron Islands. He will be a figurehead, however: Asha will rule as his Hand. Theon will marry Arianne Martell. His amputated bits go unmentioned at Pyke, as everyone assumes he just botched a Finger Dance.

I'm hoping for a scene where he and Stannis stand outside King's Landing, looking at the tattered Tyrell standards flying from the walls. The shattered Tyrell/Lannister armies have taken refuge inside, and Stannis is now besieging the city from the North and East. He wonders aloud if Mace Tyrell will enjoy living on rats, and they share a laugh. Theon suggests that Stannis send him a boatload of onions.

7. Ramsay Snow: ...is still Ramsay Snow, since Tommen is a false king and can't legitimize him. He will become Stannis' new battle standard -minus his insides, which Theon will feed to Shaggydog (if he doesn't eat them himself.) No one in the North will mind...

8. ...except Roose Bolton: Filled with grief and rage at the sight of his son's hide flying from the Gatehouse Tower at Moat Cailin, he will charge and be cut down, maybe by Stannis himself. The Bolton men will be devestated and hit by arrows from three sides as they charge in after him, while the rest of the Northern army attacks them from the rear.

9. Asha: Asha will return to the Iron Islands at Stannis' behest, kill her "husband", and start a(nother) civil war. She becomes Hand to Theon. Offers to marry Quarl (if he is still alive), who turns her down. Marries Botley and dominates the marriage, which he doesn't mind: in gratitude, she doesn't cuckold him. Rules the Iron Islands in Theon's name, but stops making fun of him as he has suffered enough and learned some humility.

Damn, this is already a long post. Maybe I'll finish it later; but for now, here's my prediction (guess, really) on who ends up with who:

Theon+Arianne

Asha+Tristifer Botley

Quentyn (if he lives)+Arya

Jon+Margaery

Sansa+Willas

Dany+The current Bittersteel "Targ"

Tyrion+Tysha (finds her by accident)

Oh, and the High Septon is Varys in disguise.

All right, let's do some more:

10. Rafford: Arya will hamstring him and leave him in deep water to drown.

11. Stannis: Wins. No, seriously. But he doesn't get to be king for very long, and is never in full control. He disposes of Ramsay and company (how is a whole nother string of guesses) before they can take Moat Cailin. He destroys Roose Bolton there (see #8), using his army and the combined forces of the crannogmen, a handful of Asha's Ironborn, and bands of Northmen that have made their way back through the wetwood north with the help of Jojen Reed. Adding the remnants of the Stark army travelling with Roose, he smashes the Freys, the Lannisters and finally the Tyrells in turn before they can link up, repeating Robert's feat during the War of the Usurper. Captures Lord Tarly in a surprise attack and sends him to the wall. Etc., etc. Gets called back north when the wall collapses, ends up Hand and Master of Laws (not at the same time) to Dany and Jon, as well as Lord Paramount at Storm's End. At some point the wights may capture him; but figuring he's one of them they don't bother killing him.

Three Dragon Riders: Dany (of course), Bran, and Tyrion

Bran marries Dany and they have a long and prosperous reign over Westeros - but no heirs

Tyrion becomes Hand and surrogate for Dany's heir to the throne

Everyone else dies (except Arya)

• 1 month later...

Arya- doesnt complete for faceless man training and ends up joining Dany on her conquest of westeros. Ends up marrying Quentyn Martell.

Sam- dies in AWOW finding out the truth about jon.

Rickon- becomes lord of the north

Cersei- Ends up going crazy locked up by the Faith and is hung for adultery and incest.

Jamie- becomes just as good with his left hand as he was with his right....But is hunted down by the Faith who declares him a enemy of the seven.

Stannis is killed by Melisandre when he trys to burn Dany to awake the dragon.

Davos- killed in ADWD

Brienne-Dies in AFFC being hung by cat

Asha-died

Victorian- Ends up becoming lord reaper after his brother is killed....Becomes an ally to Dany and her naval commander.

Theon- is killed by Arya when he goes looking for her and trys to explain that he didnt kill bran and rickon.

Bran-ends up battling the wriths and the others but takes over hodors body and is no longer a stark...if that is even possible.

The Drowned man- kills euron crows eye but is killed in the aftermath by being drowned.

Sansa-kills little finger after he announces that she is Sansa by having him pushed out the same door little finger pushed lysa from.

little finger- is killed by Sansa after she convinces the vale bannerman that little finger has killed both lysa and robert and has held her captive.

Roose Bolton- killed by Arya

Catleyn stark a.k.a the writh in the south-is killed by someone...maybe by jon or the blackfish or arya

Tyrion- becomes dany's hand but later takes the rock when she dies.

Jorah- ends up following Dany to westeros. Starts up a new nights watch after the wall falls in the gift carrying out his fathers last wishes

Sandor-dead underneath a tree

Grendry- becomes a Baerothean when he is considered roberts bastard child

Melisandre- dies i dont know how

Jon-Becomes extremely paranoid after an attempt by Thorne and the former head of the golden cloaks(cant really think of his name) to kill jon. he than realizes heavily on Melisandre for friendship and distrust anyone on the nights watch....kind of becomes a second stannis but breaks free of her before he is consumed. Later Dany comes to the wall on a count that Arya knows he is there and wants to rally the north. Dany unknowing that jon is a targ falls in love with him....but jon refuses her saying that as long as the wall stands my duty is to it...somehow someone uses the horn of winter and it brings the wall down. he than goes on to help dany with her quest finds out he is a targ from howland reed and becomes king after dany dies.

Dany-ends up defeating the others and the wriths with her dragons.is betrayed by llyrio Mopatis for money and is killed but i dont know by who i dont know

I've just skimmed through the thread, and I regret to say that I would be disappointed if the series ended the way most of you predicted.

Seriously, imagine the series ending exactly like you want it to end. Wouldn't that be horrible if it actually happened?

Jon - become second head

Dany - become queen of westeros

Bran - become third head

Sansa - dies because Lady is dead

Tyrion - end up in prison because Dany put him there. He could not give Dany army and he kill own father.

Davos - died

Theon - tell that Bran and Rickon are alive and dies because he kill inocent children by queen's justice.

Cersei - killed by Jaime

Jaime - marries Brienne

Samwell - only god knows what about him

Arianne - become Lady of Sunspear

Victorian - tries to force Dany to wed him and end up dead

Asha - become Lady of Pyke

Areon - dies I could not stand him

Areo - nothing would change

Melisandre - collapse when Dany shows up on the Wall

Quentin - marries Dany and died

Brienne - marries Jaime

After numerous battles, slayings and unintentional poisonings, along with starvation, an invasion of the Others following the collapse of the wall, plagues of several descriptions including a plague of Walruses, Westeros is left as a stinking ruin. Many much loved characters are incidently eaten by Dany's dragons. Finally the survivors gather to rebuild the kingdom but first they must choose a new monarch. Naturally the most effective way to do this is to hold a singing competition. After many rounds and terrible songs only Bran and Dany remain, they sing. Slowly their separate words blend into a duet. Wiping a tear away Dolorous Edd says "truely that was a song of ice and fire". The End.

Assume any characters not mentioned above are going to be eaten by Dany's dragons, apart from Tommen (dies after trying to hide in a vat of brown in a pot shop), Euron (dies after being biten by Ser Pounce and then trying to fly out the window) and Darkstar (dies after stabbing himself through the vitals on the iron throne).

Dog, the unexpected hero of AFFC, also survives leading fans to hope that GRRM will build a spin off series about his adventures with Hodor.

"HODOR"

"WOOF, WOOF"

"HoDOR"

There may be limited scope for some characters to live to a ripe and happy old age. But not in this series, heh heh!

• 3 weeks later...

In AGOT Jon dreamt of a sacked Winterfell and he ran the coridoors looking for Benjen (dead) Father (dead) Robb (dead) and Arya. nuff said

The Others will breach the Wall, the last battle will happen on the Trident.

The Maester at the ToJ will tell Sam the story of Lyanna and Ned.

IF Cercei sent for a Dornish trainer for Tommen this will be the guy who kills him. Otherwise Doran shall

unleash the Sandsnakes and one of them will kill him.

Loras is the little brother who strangles Cercei

The series will finish in 2020, and 80% of you will not care whether your predictions came true or not :)

Very hard to make prediction about the principal actors, because there are a lot of highly plausible directions the story will go. My predictions

Jon and Mel will shag

Jon and Dany will shag

Jon, Dany, and Tyrion will all ride a dragon at some point

Jon will leave the Night's Watch or his divisiveness as Lord Commander will destroy it

Faceless Arya will kill UnCat

Belerion the Cat will play a critical role in Faceless Arya infiltrating the Red Keep

The Horn of Winter will be blown and the Wall will come down. You don't make a plot device like that unless you intend to use it.

The Dragorn Horn will be blown in the presence of a dragon and it will get the dragon's attention.

Dany will have some sort of comeuppance in Dance of Dragons.

Loras Tyrell shall become the Queenslayer, for the love of Jon.

Addendum:

Bran's human form will die.

I'm going to go out on another limb:

Jon will seize control of Drogon.

I almost forgot:

The Ironborn are Dragon Toast.

• 9 months later...

My predications are mostly wishes that most of the characters I despise get their just rewards and die horribly including but not limited to Freys (whole family while old Walder remains alive and watches), Boltons both father and son - Reese and Roose, Gregor Clemane - hate unGregor.

Also my prediction for Jon that he will have a strong connection to Drogon/

Archived