Best/Worst 5 POV characters?

reduxien

Best

1. Jon My personal favorite character, i find his whole arc fascinating and also the Wall and the north is by far the coolest (no joking xD) part of the series.

2. Jaime I hated him at the beginning but the development of his character is amazing, his chapters always get me hooked.

3. Arya Favorite female character, favorite Stark (except Jon) I love her arc.

4. Davos I just love him, period. I always enjoy his chapters.

5. Bran Second favorite Stark. I know a lor of people find his arc boring now that he's north of the Wall, not me :D

Worst

1. Daenerys Boring, boring, boring, boring, boring, oh, dragons. Not even impressed.

2. Cersei Boring and annoying, not much interested in the life down there on KL.

3. Sansa Annoying at first, then boring. If she ever goes back to the North i might be interested.

4. Areoh Hotah to be honest, I don't care about Dorne so much.

5. Tyrion I used to like his chapters but ADWD was just painfully boring to read through.

I'll go with the 5 most and least entertaining POVs, regardless of how much I like the characters

WORST (from the less-worst to the worst-worst)

Honorable Mentions:

Samwell, honey, you're sweet and everything, but your FEAST chapters are slow. Although I liked his POV in Storm

Ned. I dislike KL. And Ned is a great guy, we all agree, but he's not exactly interesting.

5)That Damphair guy. Do I need to say why? Go drown in a fucking lake!

4)Daenerys. I divide Dany's chapter into different kinds. First, her earliest chapters + the house of the undying. I really liked Dany as a person/character and her chapters then, and I still enjoy those parts. A LOT. Second, her latest AGOT chapters + Clash. I think those chapters are slowl, but not that much. I kinda like them. Third, her Storm chapters, full of random cool stuff mixed with Dany being, well, insupportable. And there are those unfortunate implications of Dany taking Astapor/Meeren which are IMO supposed to sound cool but make me angry. But there are also some moments of pure awesomness (Rhaegar DIED!). Fourth, the whole Meeren plotline. I have this insane desire of burning those pages.

3)Catelyn. I'm not a Cat-hater, but COME.ON. There's so much boredom I can stomach

2)Cersei. I enjoyed her downfall, but her chapters aren't what I would call entertaining. Just DIE ALREADY, you evil, scheming bitch (cit.)

1)Tyrion. I absolutely hate his chaptes. I don't like him and I also don't like KL, I think the Tyrion+King'sLanding combo is something beyond boredom. And don't even make me talk about his arc in Dance

BEST

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Davos. He's not the most entertaining guy around, but he shows us Stannis. And the North (that REMEMBERS)

Bran. Yes, his chapters ARE kinda boring. But, come on. THE NORTH! And the writing his excellent. His last Dance POV might me my fav all time chapter evah.

5)Arya. I like her chapters, and I love her. After I read an Arya POV I want to hug her.

4)Although I love Sansa, she has a boring life. But I loved her Feast POVs and some of her chapters are great (the battle of the blackwater. her beautiful last 2 chapters in STORM, her awesome last chapter in AGOT). She deserves to be in the TOP 5

3)Jaime. Contents: traveltraveltravelkingslandingpoiliticsboredomtravel. But JAIME is the POV, so I still love his chapters. He has the best lines, the coolest dreams and the most awesomest memories.

2)Theon. His chapters are IMO among the best GRRM has ever written, especially in Dance.

1)Jon. Did I already mention that I love the North? I think I did it. I also really like Jon, so this is like my perfect combo.

Best:

1. Bran: I really like his chapters, but even if the rest were as dull as ditch water I would put him first if only for his Chapter at the Nightfort.

2. Sansa: They may not be the funniest or most action packed, but there is a deep sadness and sweetness to them. Also she seems to me to be the most realistically portrayed character in the series (even if her character should be way older when the series starts).

3. Davos: Not only is his character great, but the tension in his chapters is always good. Also he is a man who will stand up to be counted.

4. Tyrion: These days I really dislike the character, but I do find his chapters interesting (even ADWD ones). Also he does have most of the funniest lines.

5. Kevan: Because I really disliked him and have never been more pleased to realise who an epilogue character was.

Now the worst........

1. Aeron: SERIOUSLY. JUST DROWN ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!AND STAY DROWNED.

2. Samwell: Nice, kind, has been treated like a piece of s*** by everyone (but not turned nasty with it like Tyrion), dependable and boring Samwell. I like your character, but not your chapters.

3. Aero Hotah: I realize you may become important in the next two books, but well nah, your chapters aren't fantastic.

4. Arienne: Solely for "I am of the night" appearing in that one chapter.

5. Actually I can't think of a 5th. Most of the others are still good!

Favorite (not necessarily in order)

1. Davos, always entertaining to read, a pleasurable character.

2. Jaime, full of wit and usually pretty entertaining.

3. Sansa, just seems to be getting better as the books go along.

4. Victarion/Theon, witty, but often disturbing, usually very entertaining.

5. Cersei, absolutely love seeing into her mind.

Least favorite

1. Arya, die die die die die die.

2. Bran, treeeeeeeeeeeeee, although the ADWD ones were a bit better.

3. Sam. I just can't hear about your pink mast bro. (Has a few good chapters though)

I'm actually not sure if I have a 4th or 5th. I really liked Brienne and honestly didn't mind Aeron all that much.

Ummmm, no particular order I guess

1. Sansa post - AGOT. I looked forward to her chapters a lot, and she's absolutely lovely. ASOS/AFFC is when she's at her finest.

2. Cat. Not much for her but for the events I suppose.

3. Cersei. THE EVIL WOMAAN DADADA

4. Theon ADWD. Probably some of the most saddest and gripping chapters in the book.

5. DANY <3. Her ADWD were below par, I guess.

Least favorite:

1. Sammy AFFC. Oh, some things just cannot be unseen.

2. Bran. Sorry, but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Some of them were good, can't deny.

3. Brienne. Your last chapter was pretty exciting. But then again, I thought you died. Y u lie to me?

4. Quentyn. His chapters made me snore, I don't miss him.

5. Arya. I like a lot of her chapters, but I really can't think of a fifth that I really didn't like. Sorry!

Least favorite: Cat (I want to throttle that woman so much), Bran, Brienne (like the character but her chapters, yikes!), Theon, Sansa

Most favorite: Arya, Dany, Jon (not GOT, though), Jaime, Cersei (that woman is so truly nuts and doesn't seem to realize it, such narassicism)

• 2 months later...

Best:

1. Theon

2. Jaime

3. Tyrion

4.Cercei

5.Sansa

6.Davos

7.Eddard

8.Catelyn

9. Daenerys(agot)-epic ending

10. Samwell

Worst:

1.Jon with the wildlings

2.Bran

3.Arya

4.Brienne(nothing against her just boring search)

5.Jon on the wall

And I also like every single minor pov from affc and adwd especially aerion greyjoy ex drunk and religious fanatic :thumbsup:

Best:

Jon

Arya

Bran

ADWD Theon

Davos (along with Bran and Arya I believe his storyline so far has been where Martin's plotting and characterisation have been at their strongest).

Worst:

VICTARION GREYJOY

Daenerys post ACOK

Arys Oakheart

Brienne

Barristan Selmy (because of the complete lack of stuff that happens)

Best

Jon- feel like I know the character the most

Tyrion- however adwd was starting to get boring

Davos- awesome character

Theon- the poor bastard

Jamie- Funny and he is starting to redeem himself

Worst

Dany- ....oh...my......god...... either come to Kings Landing or die I dont care about Meerin etc

Hotah- seems kind of pointless

Damphair- No godless man will be on the thrown.....takes a swig of salt water......40 pages of nothing later

Brienne- Like the character just kind of boring

Cat- glad she cant talk anymore

Worst

1. Damphair- dude is boring as hell!

2. Samwell- that talk with Arya was cool, but i could just read an Arya chapter for that...

3. The Prince of Dorne's body guard

4. Griff, talk of Aegon is cool, but he is so lame!

5. Jon Snow, i loved ASOS but thats about it

Best

5. Victarion Greyjoy, dude is so mad!

4. Davos Seaworth ,what a goody 2 shoes! still got my respect thou

3.Sansa Stark, politics in KL is cool, and she is getting cooler every chapter

2. Tyrion mother fucking Lannister, enough said

1. Theon/Reek. when i read that 1st reek chapter... holy shit... and so much Ramsay Snow Bolton

(In no particular order)

Best:

Jon - honorable, interesting, complicated, and a gray-area hero. Yes please!

Tyrion - smart, sassy, with a mouth AND a shadow too big for his body.

Dany - especially in Game of Thrones. A little weird but I see a lot of myself and my first love in Dany and Drogo, so I always enjoy those scenes.

Arya - she's a badass tomboy. I see a lot of myself in her.

Sansa - if only because I feel bad for her.

Worst:

These are harder for me to pick, but here goes nothing.

Davos - I skipped his POVs during my first read-through

Cersei - the bitch bores me

Theon - while I pity Sansa, I can't even think about the ruin that is now Theon

Asha - for an ironborn, she whines a lot.

Archived