Belfast Minimoot 1

Qthulhu

So tired... and so much more to do!

I'm most certainly not free Monday or Tuesday, Friday is my work do. Therefore, Wednesday or Thursday would suit me in terms of weekdays.

So much, much, much more - you sadistic monster !!

Anyways - supposed to be at the Dentist on Thursday, but happy to postpone that in favour of a Mootlet.

Hi folks,

Further to what EdricS had posted up for me a few days ago I'm unable to attend tomorrow night (and take any hand in the organisation of its re-arrangement this week) as I've just endured the hardest 5 days of my life in the Royal Childrens Hospital with my wee fella who is thankfully on the mend.

Suffice is to say thats where my priorities lie, so no mootlet for me. A shame as I had really wanted to meet up with everyone again (or the first time) but in the grand scheme of things I am grateful for my lot as it is, Moot or no.

The pin badges had arrived however, but as this evening was my first day home I've not been able to hand them off to anyone to provide/give out at the Moot. If anyone feels like calling by Crossgar tomorrow on their way to the Moot, I have 25 badges to mark the occassion with that they can pick up from me!

Image I had put together was as follows:

Boar n' Mead

Designed in mind of Qt's branding of the Moot as "Boar n' Mead"!

Anyways, hope you all have a good evening whoever attends and see you at the next one!

Salut

Ezeqiel,

Good to hear young Ezeq is on the mend. Going to make Christmas all the more special having him home again.

By the way - Love the Badge design.

Hope to be there around 5:10-ish.

Can someone clarify the venue ? - Some seem to think it's the Hilden Brewery tent - others think it's the large tent just to the right as you enter the main gate (some sort of drunken Monk motif ??)

Sorry guys, unable to attend this evening. Having to work late to hit a deadline (all these people wanting things finished before Christmas - unreasonable demands if you ask me)

Have a great time - expect some feedback here of course :)

Ezeqiel, glad your boy is making a recovery, Puts things into perspective hope his recovery continues and you can enjoy the Christmas break.

Martin

Cheers for all the kind word folks, much appreciated

I hear a good night was had by those attending tonight (snow and all!), glad it happened whether I was there or not - consider the Belfast Mootlet ball now rolling...

Now when's the next one? ;)

Cheers for all the kind word folks, much appreciated

I hear a good night was had by those attending tonight (snow and all!), glad it happened whether I was there or not - consider the Belfast Mootlet ball now rolling...

Now when's the next one? ;)

Glad your little boy is ok! You missed the Viking chess! (and the mead and the hot spiced cider ....)And the Christmas Market was beautiful in the snow, even if it did freeze our as--s off!

Winter Came.

I hope everyone got back home ok, and that anyone who couldn't find us at least had fun shopping in the Market.

Plans are already in motion for a better organised Mootlet on the far side of January.... ideally indoors and booked, haha.

Thanks to everyone who showed up or tried to show up, special thanks to Giant for services rendered and also to Morchaint for crafting me a set of gen-u-ine dragonglass arrowheads for the first attenders. Treasure these items dearly and keep them close at hand in the event you see the White Walkers!

Sadly no photos of the arrowheads nor Mance Rayder's gruelling battle for supremacy on the field of Hnefatafl!

http://tafl.cyningstan.org.uk/

Sadly no photos of the arrowheads nor Mance Rayder's gruelling battle for supremacy on the field of Hnefatafl!

http://tafl.cyningstan.org.uk/

On the subject of which, I'll maybe see about knocking up a custom board and set of pieces for the next one. I'm thinking Black pieces and leader in the centre, with the white pieces around the edge though - the entire premise and set-up of the game is far too close to Night's Watch breaking free of the Fist of the First Men not to reflect it somehow in the pieces.

Thanks to Qthulhu for the organisation. A most excellent night was had. Made it home through the Blizzard, which was fun. Actually have my Arrowhead pinned up in front of me at my desk at work - a reminder of good times in good company when the tedium of work threatens to grind me down.

Here's to the next one !!

Archived