Belfast Minimoot 1

Qthulhu

OK .... with one week to go to the Mootlet / Minimoot, any ideas on where to meet at the Market ? On my small reccie I noticed that there are a few beer tents, so any particular one to convene at, or do people want to pick a specific point to meet at before moving on to a beer tent ?

I think it's the BIG beer tent - on the right at the back if you go in the main gates. It looks like a pub inside. Anyone who's there early enough should try to keep a table or more chairs etc for everyone. I hope to be there by 4.30 so that's two of us. We can go out on a boar-sandwich run when everyone gets there!

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn ... and sincere apologies up front if I am ... but I think I can confidently say that on behalf of all the Minimoot-ees, there is an open invite to any cast and crew who want to come along and have beer bought for them in good company *

(* Disclaimer - Beer many not be bought and company may be crap - but I'm happy to bet otherwise :cheers: )

Everyone's welcome if they can find you, haha.

Judging by the various news sites though most of the cast have wrapped or are close to it. Of course, we do have a few local castmembers!

I'd have contacted the Production Office to offer a formal invite, but...

The tent I had originally planned on would have been the big German tent - go in the main City Hall gate and then walk forward until you see a big tent on your right hand side selling bratwurst, mulled wine, and mulled cider. You have reached your destination.

I feel horrible organising this and then not being able to attend.

I've amended the first post with details of the fallback position - ground floor Robinsons seems to be sensible.

Yes we feel horrible too - no you and no mead! Robinsons is good - there's room usually no matter when you go. :thumbsup:

Boo Hoo to Qthulhu for not attending his own gig - what could you be possibly be doing that is more important then this!!!?! :)

I still intend to be there (as does my bro) but depending on weather conditions and/or the off-chance that I'm called to be somewhere else at short-notice then I'd have to pull out too...

Some bad news on the pin badges that I'd done up too, I've only got confirmation of a dispatch today so the chances of them reaching home by Thursday are slim, and even if they do arrive I have to try and figure out how to get them to Belfast if I am already there!

I had a proto-type batch of 5 done originally, so I could take them (with one reserved for Qthulhu as he organised the event), but not sure if that'd be fair once the 5 run out (granted more than 5 may not show up!)

I could always bring them to the next mini-moot/mootlet but I've stamped them dated 2010 and I can't see us meeting up again this side of New Year's - unless we all get invited to any wrap-party that may be held!!! ;)

On a brighter note, was in the market on Monday night prior to the Peter Kay gig and the Hildenbrew (I think that was its name) tent looks pretty cool (it is a tent!) and kinda fitting with the medieval/game of thrones idea of the moot - nice sized bences too I think, so a scoop in there might be an idea if people get the wanderlust after a few in the main drinking hall.

Anyways, looking forward to meeting up with folk again and saying hello to those I didn't get to chat to at the full Belfast Moot in October...

(...how many do we think are "confirmed" attenders now?)

Alrighty folks, time for some bad news - both myself and my brother EdricStorm will no longer be attending the Moot. We've both got a call to be extras on the show on Friday (also attended today) in this the final few weeks of the shows shoot. As the start times (from Belfast) are around the 5:30am mark it does not lend itself to having a few beers the night before and then spend a long (but enjoyable) day on set in what are currently arctic conditions.

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but in the event that GiantofLannister doesn't get posting any information on this thread tonight, he has said he is looking particularly doubtful in attending for the same reasons above.

So while this is very late in the day to make the rest of you aware of this, the fact that it relates to us being a part of the show will hopefully lessen the "last minute pull out" nature of the news - what BWB member wouldn't want to be on the show right? :)

Anyways, with the post from Morchaint a little over a week ago informing they can't go and with Qthulhu also out of the running, we are looking at 5 of the original attendee's from the total of 12, leaving 7 confirmed names from the first page still aiming to go.

Would anyone be up to postponing the event until next week? Or alternatively, would anyone attending tomorrow be interested in a mini-moot 2 next week? I know myself, my bro, Giant of Lannister and Qthulhu are all bummed at not being able to attend but would (again, I hope I'm not speaking out of turn) be interested in meeting upon an alternative date.

This is all very late in the day, but any thoughts or opinions welcomed!

Id go to as many moots as there are, but unfortunately I can't go next week - or if I can it would only be for an hour. But if some of you want to meet for a while tonight and then have a longer 'do' next week that's fine by me.

Green with envy that you're all on the show!!!

So if I don't hear back - I'll be there around 4.45 and see who turns up!

Archived