Belfast Minimoot 1

Qthulhu

Next week would suit me better. I'm highly unlikely to be able to make it today, I have to be in Newry at 3pm for a site meeting that is likely to go on to 5-ish. Coming back into Belfast is probably not going to be realistic given that I would have to leave again an hour or so later.

Next week is better if we are on for postponing.

Sorry for last minute pull-out.

Martin

I echo the 'next week'. I'm still interested in attending a moot. Next Thursday wouldn't really work for me, but both my girlfriend (who's also a member here) and I will be in Belfast next weekend, in any case...how about Friday night? Going to a gig on Saturday night, but would be available the rest of the day if anything was happening then.

Sunday wouldn't be a bother, either, if something came around. *shrugs*

okay folks, apologies once again for the late announcement of 3 withdrawals last night, but with the addition of pj818 and Wyvernwood now stating that tonight isn't really suitable either, the list of attendees grows thinner.

From the list on the first post and a few other more recent posts, here's the status of all those originally intended to do the Moot tonight:

Qthulhu out

EdricStorm out

Morchaint out

Silverjaime in, next week not really suitable

GameofThronesJoe happy either tonight or next week

Giant of Lannister out

DrNickVC happy either tonight or next week

Inigo +1 NO RECENT STATUS

Rimshot NO RECENT STATUS

ezeqiel out

Wyvernwood not suitable tonight, would prefer postponement next week

pj818 not suitable tonight, next week may or may not be suitable

---------------------------

Speculator (not on the first post list) but has recently said they'd be attending tonight

mattmcg posted on the thread recently but didn't say whether they'd attend or not

Alrighty, out of the 13 names above originally attending, there are 9 who are either unable to make it tonight or are happy to have a postponement of a week.

I can't modify the 1st post, but will provisionally pencil in Thursday (if anyone prefers a different day, plop it in the thread!) next week for a 2nd/alternative Moot meet? I'll be in possession of the pin badges by that point, so there's an added incentive to attend!

For those of you who are still able to or still want to attend tonight, please do (at no stage do I want to seem so self-important as to cancel/postpone the Moot because I can't attend!). But if the general concensus is that you don't want to now after all the pull-outs, then please post in here to try and make everyone else thinking of attending aware.

I'll not post anything further today, but instead leave it up to the able/want to attendees to confirm tonights Moot is still green lit or cancelled.

Cheers all

okay folks, apologies once again for the late announcement of 3 withdrawals last night, but with the addition of pj818 and Wyvernwood now stating that tonight isn't really suitable either, the list of attendees grows thinner.

From the list on the first post and a few other more recent posts, here's the status of all those originally intended to do the Moot tonight:

Qthulhu out

EdricStorm out

Morchaint out

Silverjaime in, next week not really suitable

GameofThronesJoe happy either tonight or next week

Giant of Lannister out

DrNickVC happy either tonight or next week

Inigo +1 NO RECENT STATUS

Rimshot NO RECENT STATUS

ezeqiel out

Wyvernwood not suitable tonight, would prefer postponement next week

pj818 not suitable tonight, next week may or may not be suitable

---------------------------

Speculator (not on the first post list) but has recently said they'd be attending tonight

mattmcg posted on the thread recently but didn't say whether they'd attend or not

Alrighty, out of the 13 names above originally attending, there are 9 who are either unable to make it tonight or are happy to have a postponement of a week.

I can't modify the 1st post, but will provisionally pencil in Thursday (if anyone prefers a different day, plop it in the thread!) next week for a 2nd/alternative Moot meet? I'll be in possession of the pin badges by that point, so there's an added incentive to attend!

For those of you who are still able to or still want to attend tonight, please do (at no stage do I want to seem so self-important as to cancel/postpone the Moot because I can't attend!). But if the general concensus is that you don't want to now after all the pull-outs, then please post in here to try and make everyone else thinking of attending aware.

I'll not post anything further today, but instead leave it up to the able/want to attendees to confirm tonights Moot is still green lit or cancelled.

Cheers all

Just had a tweet from Rimshot who can't come either, so if you all want to choose another night next week I'll probably be able to make it for an hour. There's no point having a meet-up with only 3 of us able to go!

Hi guys,

As SilverJaime has said, I am longer able to attend the Minimoot tonight. I've been working solidly for the last 2 weeks on a Sci-Fi Horror/Comedy film called 'Grabbers' and I have barely seen my family. I haven't been near a computer either and just about kept up with Twitter. I'm also out with my band tomorrow and Saturday night so I really want to spend tonight with my wife and kids. I hope you guys are ok with this. I've spent 2 weeks partying as a drunk and then running away from aliens (google 'Grabbers' to find out more!) and I'm just knackered!

If the event is moved then hopefully I'll be there.

Sorry for the late notice.

R

(google 'Grabbers' to find out more!) and I'm just knackered!

When an island off the coast of Ireland is invaded by bloodsucking aliens, the heroes discover that getting drunk is the only way to survive.

:lol:

Sounds funny. Alocohol may be required to view it, as well. :P

Lazy update to first post, shockingly tired, too many early mornings.

Next week, next Thursday sounds very good. I need to check if it clashes with my work Christmas do, but one missing man never stopped a moot.

Fingers crossed!

Well I can do Thursday for an hour or so. My works do is on Friday. By that time the market will be bunged all the time - it might be a boar sarnie and then round to Robinsons!

Next Thursday will be out for me as my wife's Christmas do is that night so I'm on kid watch. To be honest, I have very little free time between now and Christmas. Guys, just go ahead and organise something and if I can make it I will.

Alrighty folks, for the alternate, postponed date/day for the inaugural Belfast Mootlet to be held I'd thrown in next Thursday to get started with but this was by no means a confirmed fixture.

Already it looks like it won't suit some people (tsk, tsk, christmas do's tsk, tsk!!!) so can I ask everyone to post up the days next week that they are available to attend - even if it is only for an hour or 2, it'll give all a chance to reaquaint (remove the re- if we've never met before!) share a drink and put ideas for future Moot's in the melting pot. Staying for 5+ hours to get langered is by no means a pre-requisite!

I'll tally up what everyone puts forward and see if we can't come up with a majority winning day. As its our first Belfast Chapter Moot(let), nows the time to fly your flag and really show your colours in an effort to get this thing off the ground - as LordMntGoat has already referenced, we should at least be able to organise a piss-up in a brewery!

...And I need to get rid of about 20 "2010" stamped Belfast Mootlet badges, so throw me a frickin' bone here, h'eh! ;)

For those of you wondering why I am posting this up now and not actually on set filming some excellent GoT scenes, my wee boy took ill last night & through the early hours of this morning, so my responsibilities took priority over fandom alas. I'm gutted at not being able to attend (particularly as there are some good scenes being shot today I hear, and there's no snow!) and its probably damaged my rep as an extra for future, with pulling out at the very last minute - but somethings are more important.

On a positive note, it has strengthened my endeavour for a pre-Christmas Moot, if only to hear all the other extra's stories and what I missed today!

For those of you wondering why I am posting this up now and not actually on set filming some excellent GoT scenes, my wee boy took ill last night & through the early hours of this morning, so my responsibilities took priority over fandom alas. I'm gutted at not being able to attend (particularly as there are some good scenes being shot today I hear, and there's no snow!) and its probably damaged my rep as an extra for future, with pulling out at the very last minute - but somethings are more important.

I hope your son is feeling better today, as you say, some things automatically trump others, and family is one.

Rotten time of the year to fall ill too.

Thursday late pm should be dooable for me. May not be able to be there for long, but I will definitely make an effort to appear for an hour - maybe 2.

Martin

Archived