Belfast Minimoot 1

Qthulhu

For the badge, how about a Giant holding aloft a Blazing Brazier because..umm..I have a history with Braziers!...:)

So how does one initiate a BWB chapter then. Is there some kind of ritual? Should I source some chickens?

Okay, just to confirm with Qthulhu that he's not sorting this out, but is it confirmed okay if I take on the pin/button badges for the Mootlet?

Have we got an idea of number of attendees (Any extra - or extras - that have not posted in the thread?)

I might throw up some ideas/mock-ups of badge images if I get chance for a general concensus but - I'm not sure we can pull-off representing a giant on a 1" badge!!! :)

when mead is involved, nothing can be boring.

It is known.

have fun kids! send photos back to the old folks at home.

It is known.

Zeke - My little birds... no idea of numbers, I'm only going by who said "yea" in the the thread. Maybe a table or two if we're lucky.

Alrighty, the names from the thread that I can see confirmed so far to make up an attendee list are:

Qthulhu

EdricStorm

Morchaint

Silverjaime

GameofThronesJoe

Giant of Lannister

DrNickVC

Inigo

Rimshot

ezeqiel

Wyvernwood

pj818

Have I missed anyone out or included anyone that isn't going to make it?

I've a design for a badge completed and am now waiting for a sample to come back to see how it looks in the flesh (or metal) - I've not been able to convey a giant on the badge I'm afraid and I've went for a serious theme as opposed to the christmas comical idea as its our first localised moot and wanted to "attempt" to try and mark the event GoT-esque.

I'll send a copy of the design to Qt for final yay-or-nay on its use, him being unofficial chapter head (i.e organiser!) :)

Guest list moved to first post. Confirmed details entered, since we're not far off and everyone seems happy with the new date.

I will also be smuggling in Hnefatafl for our amusement, although I know how to play Brandubh so that's an option too. If our German hosts do not appreciate us then Plan B is Go Elsewhere (elsewhere to be decided nearer the time).

I personally haven't heard back from anyone after amending the date, so I'm assuming those who couldn't go still can't go.

A dozen is a nice number though, if we're lucky then we'll be able to seat that many without effort, or at least only need to move on once everyone is gathered.

Now taking offers on -

Early detail - 4 to 4.30 to attempt to guarantee seating

Site B - Where is our fallback position? Robinsons again? Fibbers?

EDIT - Info

Guest list moved to first post. Confirmed details entered, since we're not far off and everyone seems happy with the new date.

I will also be smuggling in Hnefatafl for our amusement, although I know how to play Brandubh so that's an option too. If our German hosts do not appreciate us then Plan B is Go Elsewhere (elsewhere to be decided nearer the time).

I personally haven't heard back from anyone after amending the date, so I'm assuming those who couldn't go still can't go.

A dozen is a nice number though, if we're lucky then we'll be able to seat that many without effort, or at least only need to move on once everyone is gathered.

Now taking offers on -

Early detail - 4 to 4.30 to attempt to guarantee seating

Site B - Where is our fallback position? Robinsons again? Fibbers?

EDIT - Info

I'll be there between 4 and 5 . Haven't heard back from anyone either. Fallback position - I second Robinsons or Fibbers or even the Crown if we could get a booth. Only a 5-minute walk away.

Great!!

Archived