World of Warcraft

Greywolf2375

Ye, considering blizz had the audacity not to put a single wand in the loot tables of ANY raid boss, nor make one purchasable with valor points (sigils can be bought) it's not only best in slot, but the only epic in slot (unless you fancy using the pvp one).

Its like the freaking one handed agility weapons for shamans, I've gotten lucky on my shoulders from Cho and helm from Nef, but we've yet to see any kind of weapon that I can viably use drop. Each week I curse the trash mobs in Blackwing a little more

Ye, considering blizz had the audacity not to put a single wand in the loot tables of ANY raid boss, nor make one purchasable with valor points (sigils can be bought) it's not only best in slot, but the only epic in slot (unless you fancy using the pvp one).

We've seen this wand drop three times over the last three weeks - each time from the drake in front of Maloriaks chamber.

Was there a boost to BoE drops in general? First few weeks we had one drop - in the last two weeks we've had over a dozen; mostly the 321 agility trinket.

The easy boss that's getting us is still Magmaw. Anyone know of an addon that could see who attempted to jump on Magmaws head? had times where we've got 7 melee but only one or two chains.

Haste is utter garbage. By far the worst stat for fury right now.

Perhaps, but my dps is consistent enough(14k) that I don't feel the need to reforge to crit right now. Since I have 16% hit, haste is much better for me, then it would be for someone like you with 8% hit, since my white attacks will hit faster, and more regularly.

EDIT: But yeah, haven't talked much on fury warriors, elitist jerks is crappy on warriors and since cata I've just been following my own plan. With 8% hit how much chance to miss do your normal attacks have on level 88 bosses? About 20%?

Well guys our guild is offically going to try for a Cata boss this week. We did BOT trash last week and got in three trash clears. We are going for Magmaw first. I've downed him in a pug but I'm leading this one with the guildies. We have to make due with what we have. Only about half of the group is gemmed and enchanted(working on this) and there are a few under 345 but everyone is over 340. Also set up a Ruby Sanctum(Normal) raid later in the week since most of the guild is still going through LK raids. There is a lot of coordination to be worked on and gear to be upgraded. Gonna be interesting to say the least. Baby steps.

Also started doing my first PvP BGs this week. I started with 179 res. I got 1343 CP to spend on another 365 piece so it should go up. I like the quick and frequent battles. So much easier to get the 365 gear than 359.

Heroic 25 man Conclave of the Winds can go right to hell. That fight sucks hard core. Chimeron heroic isnt bad, it is basicly the same as normal mode, but you take 2k hps damage after he hits his second phase. The big gimmick on heroic chimeron is that you need 3 tanks 1 for break, 1 for double attack and 1 for fued, becuase he attacks during fued. Heroic Halfus isnt bad, the recent change makes the fight easier, I would recommend killing storm, time and whelps then killing halfus while keeping netherscion up for the stuns. Heroic magmaw isnt too bad provided you have DPS who will target swap to the burning skeleton and a decent DK kiter.

Hopefully this week we get heroic atramedes down, that fight doesnt look to bad, just need to burn like a mofo since you only get 5 gongs.

Good week for us. We 1-shot four of our five farm bosses (Omnitron continues to kill us a few times first for some reason), then went and downed Maloriak for the first time. Having lots of trouble with Chimaeron, one of our healers keeps dying. I'm DPSing so I'm not sure why. I got the BoE wand :D My understanding is that it's BIS.

We had that issue on Chimaeron too. Probably your healers need to tighten up their assignments as far as who is primarily doing what. You may have a healer assigned to the raid who's panicking and helping on one of the tanks when it's not necessary to do so, and then not able to heal themselves in time for a Massacre. Or they may just be slow on the draw. If you have a prot pally as one of your tanks, extra holy power is great for panic "Oh fuck it's Massacre and someone's still below 10k" heals via Word of Glory.

Now at 9/12 on normal with all the end bosses left to do. None of these feel even the least bit in our grasp yet, so that should be interesting to see which we break through on first. Probably Cho'gall once we can actually do it with three ranged and our best two melee (which we haven't been able to do yet and won't be able to do this week). There's some fun stuff in this tier, although heroic anything scares the shit out of me.

Perhaps, but my dps is consistent enough(14k) that I don't feel the need to reforge to crit right now. Since I have 16% hit, haste is much better for me, then it would be for someone like you with 8% hit, since my white attacks will hit faster, and more regularly.
This is a false dichotomy; stacking a bad stat to make another bad stat better and arguing that haste is better for you doesn't mean that haste is actually good. And while hit means haste is better for you it also means crit is still quite good and likely better for you.

I wouldn't recommend conclave; it's much harder than Maloriak or Atramedes. The order I've seen (and based on WowProgress is:

Halfus - Chim - Maloriak - Atramedes - Conclave - Magmaw/Omnotron - (then you're fucked)

You need 8% hit (I think) to get rid of normal attacks missing. If you dual wield you need more hit (I think it's like 25%) to get both weapons to not miss. Most builds don't bother getting hit that high, as after you get the first weapon okay it doesn't matter as much and isn't as big a gain, since it's just the offhand.

You need 8% hit (I think) to get rid of normal attacks missing. If you dual wield you need more hit (I think it's like 25%) to get both weapons to not miss. Most builds don't bother getting hit that high, as after you get the first weapon okay it doesn't matter as much and isn't as big a gain, since it's just the offhand.

Unless they've changed dual-wield drastically, it's not just the off-hand that misses. Both weapons miss at the same rate.

It's just that, to off-set the increased damage of wielding 2 weapons, the game imposes both a damage reduction on the off-hand weapon and a large -hit% penalty on both.

It's just not always worth the loss in stats to make your auto-attacks hit all the time. Depends on class and spec. (Though I don't know if any dual-wield classes go to auto-attack hit cap anymore)

I have the feeling you don't know much about warriors. The hit is not stacked per weapon when you dual wield. The hit is overall for either weapons. There is no such thing as "getting the first weapon okay". If you don't know what you're talking about please don't pipe in with false information.

I'd imagine people looking at your armory might feel the same way about you, given your penchant for hit and haste. :P

I just came back to cata from before 4.06, I found out that they nerfed HS, thus making it useless as a rage dump. The whole point of hit+haste was to get in more white attacks, increasing rage return and endlessly spam HS, which served me fine until patch 4.06. I'm going through the patch notes as we speak, HS nerfed by 20%, other abilities significantly increased. Finally mastery is made a lil bit better.

As it looks now I WON'T reforge mastery/crit, but I'll reforge excess hit/haste.

I have the feeling you don't know much about warriors. The hit is not stacked per weapon when you dual wield. The hit is overall for either weapons. There is no such thing as "getting the first weapon okay". If you don't know what you're talking about please don't pipe in with false information.

Your specials still have a 8% miss rate though, correct? It's only normal attacks that suffer from the dual wield penalty. That's how it works for rogues; I don't see why it would be different for warriors. I misspoke, but I was otherwise right; the only benefit to getting more hit past 8% is to get more white damage. Your yellow attacks shouldn't be missing (and if they are, you should prioritize hit).

Your specials still have a 8% miss rate though, correct? It's only normal attacks that suffer from the dual wield penalty. That's how it works for rogues; I don't see why it would be different for warriors. I misspoke, but I was otherwise right; the only benefit to getting more hit past 8% is to get more white damage. Your yellow attacks shouldn't be missing (and if they are, you should prioritize hit).

The difference was that before, for Fury, you wanted to maximize rage generation to maximize your use of Heroic Strike.

That's why, as I remember anyway, Fury prioritized Hit and Expertise capping.

With the nerf to Heroic Strike, the value of that extra rage has gone down and thus hit and expertise capping are no longer a big deal.

And yeah, you were wrong in that just because your specials always hit, doesn't mean your main hand auto-attacks always will. I just saw no reason to be dickish about it, unlike Returned.

The difference was that before, for Fury, you wanted to maximize rage generation to maximize your use of Heroic Strike.

That's why, as I remember anyway, Fury prioritized Hit and Expertise capping.

With the nerf to Heroic Strike, the value of that extra rage has gone down and thus hit and expertise capping are no longer a big deal.

And yeah, you were wrong in that just because your specials always hit, doesn't mean your main hand auto-attacks always will. I just saw no reason to be dickish about it, unlike Returned.

You will still want to cap expertise, I believe. Since with 8% hit you will miss quite a lot on your whites, you don't want to add the mobs dodges to that.

You will still want to cap expertise, I believe. Since with 8% hit you will miss quite a lot on your whites, you don't want to add the mobs dodges to that.
Nope.

Get 8% Hit. After that, Strength > Crit > Mastery = Expertise > Haste.

Archived