New Kindle Editions on March 22nd

I just got my kindle and I wanted to get the asoiaf books on it for sure but I was wondering if I should wait for the new editions coming out next month:

http://www.amazon.com/Thrones-4-copy-bundle-George-ebook/dp/B004JN1D2I/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1296918330&sr=8-10

I heard the ones out now have a lot of typos. The newer ones support audio reading but does anyone know if it the typos will be fixed? It's more expensive than buying them all individually too.

I just got my kindle and I wanted to get the asoiaf books on it for sure but I was wondering if I should wait for the new editions coming out next month:

http://www.amazon.com/Thrones-4-copy-bundle-George-ebook/dp/B004JN1D2I/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1296918330&sr=8-10

I heard the ones out now have a lot of typos. The newer ones support audio reading but does anyone know if it the typos will be fixed? It's more expensive than buying them all individually too.

Free delivery on something digital <_< gods I hate that.

I don't understand you. The completely free* WiFi/3G access of the Kindle is one of the main features and selling-points of the Kindle, compared to other competing devices. Of course this is going to be listed next to every Kindle book they sell. They're not telling you that the delivery of your e-book is free, they're telling you that the WiFi access that enables you to download your e-book anywhere is free.

What's more disturbing is the fact that the Kindle edition is $35.39 and the paperback edition is $27.34. It also ships for free if you are eligible for Super Saver Shipping (nobody outside of the US is...), but even so. You pay eight dollars less for a product that has an actual production cost attached to it???

* - Not available globally, but you know.

According to Bantam, they have lately updated the Kindle editions available at Amazon. So, if you have one of the older Kindle editions, download it again and see if the text is improved. George's editor, Anne Groell, personally read through them all and she says they are very clean.

Archived