Asha Greyjoy

Lady of payne

Especially considering that scene where they grope each others. If they're siblings IRL, that would be... awkward? :P

Well she has a good sense of humor so it might be hilarious. Plus when you're acting it's not as intimate as it looks ;)

But I would love to see her as Asha because I *heart* her so much. (I don't think it will happen, I just want it to)

While reading CoK, I always pictured Asha looking like Eliza Dushku.

While I don't want them to cast Eliza Dushku since she doesn't have any acting chops, I'm hoping they cast someone similarly sexy, mysterious, and can pull off a dominatrix.

I'm having a hard time liking many of the suggestions people have for Asha. I guess I picture her having really sharp features that most of the actresses suggested don't really have. They're too traditionally pretty to me. Asha should be attractive, but I'd like to get the impression just from looking at her face that she could beat you up no problem.

Probably a difficult sort of look to find, though. Ah well, as long as she can act it won't really matter.

I find it quite annoying when people suggest Lily Allen just because she's Alfie's brother. I feel quite bad for him actually. He's from a famous family, and he's now got a role that's going to make him well known in his own right, rather than always just being Lily's brother - and now everyone seems to think it's a good idea to cast his real family as his fictional family? I wouldn't want that if I were him.

In the books, Asha is described as dark-haired, pale and with a tall, lithe body. She is unconventionally attractive, having a large aquiline nose. I think her nose is very important! I honestly cannot think of an actress who fits this description. Most of the previous suggestions have cute, snub noses...

Angelica Huston would have been perfect if she was 20 years younger.

How about Claudia Black? :D

I think she's got the nose part quite well, and her face is quite 'stern'. Not sure about 'lithe', tho', but she did look quite fit.

Granted, she's a bit 'old'...but was there ever a description of how large the age gap between Theon and Asha is?

edit: linky -> My link

Asha is 23. She can't be played by anybody above 27-30 in my opinion.

Where exactly is that stated? Just curious (and what is Theon's age? haven't read the books in years, sorry). :)

(the only figure I remember is that whole lost her virginity at 16 thing or something)

Other than Claudia Black (my main preference, hehehe), I'm also thinking of 'Merlin' actress Katie McGrath. (still too old according to your range, but, at least, younger than Black) :D

How about Claudia Black? :D

I think she's got the nose part quite well, and her face is quite 'stern'. Not sure about 'lithe', tho', but she did look quite fit.

Granted, she's a bit 'old'...but was there ever a description of how large the age gap between Theon and Asha is?

edit: linky -> My link

Somebody with a similar look but 15 years younger would be great. Now, is there such a person?

Somebody with a similar look but 15 years younger would be great. Now, is there such a person?

Dunno. :D

There's also the matter of making sure the person could act the part. Whoever they pick, I hope she's really, really good. :D

Bah. They can always say 'older sister' and go 'pfft' at the age specifics (which I'm honestly unaware of)! :laugh:

Do they do auditions in Canada? I like the look of this girl Aphra Williams for Asha, an Australian based in Canada. She's attractive but not overly pretty, I guess makeup can roughen her look up more, and she seems lithe and has some strength in her expression. But very few acting credits, though they've been lucky enough with newbies so far.

So Jet Li for Asha?

Hehehe. That would be...interesting, to say the least. :laugh:

I would then suggest Nikita's Maggie Q, instead.

I mean Maggie Q would, probably, go better w/ the audiences than Jet Li as Asha. :P

re: Aphra Williams

Ooh. Interesting. Care to link a vid? (did a quick search earlier and didn't come up one)

Where exactly is that stated? Just curious (and what is Theon's age? haven't read the books in years, sorry). :)

(the only figure I remember is that whole lost her virginity at 16 thing or something)

Other than Claudia Black (my main preference, hehehe), I'm also thinking of 'Merlin' actress Katie McGrath. (still too old according to your range, but, at least, younger than Black) :D

I'd look through the Theon chapters when he returns home to the Iron Islands. But she's 23 then and could not be more than 24 now. Theon started the book age 19 and is probably 20 right now.

Yep, there's no reason they can't make his sister older for the show if they find a good but older actress who can play her. At least I don't see any reason producers have to adhere that closely to the ages especially since they aged up the Stark children and Dany. Someone in her 30s could play Asha fine.

Do they do auditions in Canada? I like the look of this girl Aphra Williams for Asha, an Australian based in Canada. She's attractive but not overly pretty, I guess makeup can roughen her look up more, and she seems lithe and has some strength in her expression. But very few acting credits, though they've been lucky enough with newbies so far.

Looks good, but they're only casting people in the UK. They've got to be part of a British actors union or something, with the only exceptions being those roles where they need to find someone with a very specific look (Dinklage and Momoa).

Michelle Ryan.

Actually, she looks nothing like the Asha in my mind or as depicted in the book, but I find her smoking hot.

Actually, she could maybe fill the role of Taena Merryweather in future seasons with Cersei.

But again, that's probably my libido speaking and desiring to see some good ole HBO lesbian action between Cersei and the above actress B)

Problem with aging Asha up too much is that whole line of 'I liked you better when you were 9'. Remember, Theon needs to not recognize her - which means that she can't be very old, otherwise he'd know how she looked as a woman (he didn't recognize her because when he left she had barely hit puberty). That whole sequence goes out the window if she was well into her teens when Theon was taken.

Which might be okay, mind you, but it's worth considering.

Archived