Dragon Age 2

Relic

It crashes on my PC pretty regularly - and not just a 'Hey, it's the Desktop!' kind of crash - the whole machine blue-screens.

I thought it might also be causing problems with my dual-monitors because it keeps flicking the secondary one out (which doesn't happen in other games I play).

I was running three games at one time - and the 2 mages seemed to crash the most.

My sister's rogue game (she's also playing on my account) seems fine, :dunno:

I can't rule out the possibility that it's just my machine feeling its age - I haven't replaced the Vd card or MB in probably 5 or 6 years.

Any upgrade will have to wait a bit longer, wrecking my car and trying to save up to move to a new apartment pretty much screwed my bank account this month.

I started a new playthrough as a 2h warrior and the damage I do is ridiculous. I can't help but cackle madly as I charge into groups of mobs and whirlwind around. Awesome. More fun than being a mage, surprisingly. Now I just need a pocket healer (get over here, Anders!).

That mage was called Bethany, and she doesn't stick around.

I spoiled myself just a tad with that one... but hey, I just finished the Deep Roads part of the game and I have a question.

So my party was me (2H warrior), Varric, Anders, and Bethany. She gets sick and I ask Anders for a solution and he says "Oh hey... by the way... there happens to be some Gray Wardens down here." (I do like that on the party select screen she is now shadowed out, but she's obviously wearing a warden uniform) I won't be doing a second play through anytime soon, so I have two questions if you don't mind answering:

1) What happens if I don't take Bethany? (Mom was pretty whiney when I took her.) I assume that she doesn't stick around, but what happens to her?

2) What happens if I don't take Anders with me? Does she die of the blight because no one knows the Wardens are around? Or do we stumble across some by chance?

And if you're playing on a PS3 and can't get ME1 because Microsoft itself is the publisher of that one, there is apparently an interactive comic at the start of ME2 to go through potential choices and describe what happened.

Yeah, I've got the game on the PS3. I assume that I can play the ME2 on my computer. The only problem there is that my gaming quality computer is here at work,(Sometimes I'll log onto WoW or something that I can mindlessly play with the volume down between patients that won't have a major penalty if I die while I'm gone.) and I would assume that its the kind of game that I would like to have the volume available. Still, I'd hate to miss out on it for free. So I'm sure I'll download it at some point.

One last question, I haven't read the whole thread yet (trying to avoid spoilers) but has anyone played the Facebook Dragon Age game? I got the email today from BioWare telling me all the nifty DA2 items I can unlock by playing, but I generally shy away from all those Facebook games like MafiaWars and FarmVille because I don't want to bug all my friends with constant spam. How intrusive is the game? I would assume that it has at least a moderate amount of spam (since the game is basically a marketing tool for BioWare) but how bad is it? And is the game any fun?

Rhom to answer your spoiler question:

If you dont take Bethany you get back just as the templars are arresting her as an apostate. If you take her and Anders isnt in the party she dies.

I spoiled myself just a tad with that one... but hey, I just finished the Deep Roads part of the game and I have a question.

So my party was me (2H warrior), Varric, Anders, and Bethany. She gets sick and I ask Anders for a solution and he says "Oh hey... by the way... there happens to be some Gray Wardens down here." (I do like that on the party select screen she is now shadowed out, but she's obviously wearing a warden uniform) I won't be doing a second play through anytime soon, so I have two questions if you don't mind answering:

1) What happens if I don't take Bethany? (Mom was pretty whiney when I took her.) I assume that she doesn't stick around, but what happens to her?

2) What happens if I don't take Anders with me? Does she die of the blight because no one knows the Wardens are around? Or do we stumble across some by chance?

One last question, I haven't read the whole thread yet (trying to avoid spoilers) but has anyone played the Facebook Dragon Age game? I got the email today from BioWare telling me all the nifty DA2 items I can unlock by playing, but I generally shy away from all those Facebook games like MafiaWars and FarmVille because I don't want to bug all my friends with constant spam. How intrusive is the game? I would assume that it has at least a moderate amount of spam (since the game is basically a marketing tool for BioWare) but how bad is it? And is the game any fun?

You're giong to lose them no matter what -

I don't know the details about what happens to her, but probably similar to Carver.

I left the little prig at home and he ran off to join the Templars.

I heard that Bethany joins the Circle, but don't know if she did it on her own or if the templars got her.

I think next playthrough I'm going to take Carver to the Deep Roads, but not Anders - so the little shit dies of corruption....

**edit** Kour beat me! :P

DA LEGENDS

I got into the closed beta on the DA Facebook game -

It has its annoying bits, but overall it's pretty fun.

It has built in limitations so you don't dump hours into it at a time, so that's helpful.

You create a character and make groups from your friends' characters or some pre-builts (if you register DA2, you get a male warrior Hawk NPC that keeps level with your own character). It prompts you to 'Invite your friends! they'll earn you gold!' now and then, but you can skip it.

There are level Achievements and you can make comments during certain events (like when a friend's character in your group takes one for the team and dies without getting paid...)

Its in Open Beta now, so it's still buggy at times.

Some of the fights are bullshit - and you need to make sure you keep your character alive no matter what. If you get knocked out, the combat ends no matter who else is standing.

Yes, items you unlock will automatically appear in a chest in your house (Gamlen's or the Estate). Some are useful, some are vendor trash - but you can't make money off them, they're purposely set at a few pennies, :ohwell:

I got to keep my CBeta character, so I'm about halfway through lvl 10 (would have been higher, but they kept resetting things back to zero after major fixes).

It crashes on my PC pretty regularly - and not just a 'Hey, it's the Desktop!' kind of crash - the whole machine blue-screens.

I thought it might also be causing problems with my dual-monitors because it keeps flicking the secondary one out (which doesn't happen in other games I play).

I was running three games at one time - and the 2 mages seemed to crash the most.

My sister's rogue game (she's also playing on my account) seems fine, :dunno:

Hmm.........I wonder if I've just been unlucky then. I could restart I guess, as I didn't get that far in, see if it makes a difference. Or I could carry on with Oblivion and Demon's Souls until they release the patch and hope the patch solves the problem. I guess it's just taken me by surprise because with my mage playthroughs I was pretty much unaffected by the crashes. I knew it was a problem on the PS3 as people are moaning about it left right and centre on the bioware forums, but I'd been lucky. Spoke too soon by the looks of things. lol.

And Carver is indeed hilarious. A total dick, but hilarious none-the-less. I never had him with Merril though; I don't tend to use her, but with Isabela you get a fair few amusing convos.

I knew it was a problem on the PS3 as people are moaning about it left right and centre on the bioware forums, but I'd been lucky. Spoke too soon by the looks of things. lol.

Hmph. I've never had any crashes. Now that I've read this, I'm sure I'll crash 5 times the next time I play!

Hmph. I've never had any crashes. Now that I've read this, I'm sure I'll crash 5 times the next time I play!

Sorry!!!! *Touch wood* that you have no problems. The only reason I was aware of it was because I went on the boards to try and find out if there was a way around the Isabela bug......which there isn't, unless you rival her or own a PC and install a mod. lol.

Hmm.........I wonder if I've just been unlucky then. I could restart I guess, as I didn't get that far in, see if it makes a difference. Or I could carry on with Oblivion and Demon's Souls until they release the patch and hope the patch solves the problem. I guess it's just taken me by surprise because with my mage playthroughs I was pretty much unaffected by the crashes. I knew it was a problem on the PS3 as people are moaning about it left right and centre on the bioware forums, but I'd been lucky. Spoke too soon by the looks of things. lol.

And Carver is indeed hilarious. A total dick, but hilarious none-the-less. I never had him with Merril though; I don't tend to use her, but with Isabela you get a fair few amusing convos.

Check out the Carver and Merrill dialogue vids on youtube. Precious.

Sorry!!!! *Touch wood* that you have no problems. The only reason I was aware of it was because I went on the boards to try and find out if there was a way around the Isabela bug......which there isn't, unless you rival her or own a PC and install a mod. lol.

I've never tried to romance Isabella myself - I can't stand her personally. So I don't know if this is fixed on mine or not.

I have the 1.01 patch installed though.

I've never tried to romance Isabella myself - I can't stand her personally. So I don't know if this is fixed on mine or not.

I have the 1.01 patch installed though.

It's not a case of romancing her, it's just when her friendship gets to 100% it starts a gamebreaking bug. Same as Sebastian, though I don't tend to use him, so it's not too bad, but I shouldn't have to rival Isabela just so I can use her and not break my game. And I guess it's all personal taste; I need a rogue in my party, so it's Izzy, Seb or Varric, and Varric bores me tbh, Seb does my nut with his constant preaching, so it's Isabela, who at least amuses me.

Isabela's buff is 5 percent attack speed bonus, but if she leaves the party you lose it... And keep losing it as long as she keeps leaving your party. Best not to max them out, and leave them out of your party unless its necessary.

You know when you get them up to max rep you get the +5% speed from Isabela and 5% Damage Resistance from Seb? Basically, there's a bug in the game that when they are forced out of your party (such as when you return home), the bonus given to you doesn't get taken off your abilities. So, if you then happen to save the game and load it on your next playthrough, the game is still convinced that Isabela/Seb are in your party, even if they're not. So if you actually put them -in- your party you won't get an extra 5%Speed/DR. Then, if you later remove them, it will take away 5% speed/5% damage resistance from you base speed/DR, dropping it to 95% and will do so permanently if you happen to save at this point. Imagine it happens again, which is quite easily as Isabela is forced out of your party quite often, especially if you're doing qunari related quests, so you save again without her in the party. When you reload, the game is convinced that your base speed of 95% is with Isabela in the party. Put her in and then take her out, or not put her in at all, and it'll drop to 90%, and then 85% and then so on and so forth until Hawke is so slow the game is unplayable. With Seb your DR drops so low you get one-shotted by the measliest of enemies. The only way around it (until the patch is released) is to make sure Seb and Isabela are in your party -every- time you save. Or just rivalry the pair of if you absolutely want to use them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived