Sneak Peek in Stockholm

Westeros

Canal+ Sweden is pulling out all the stops to promote its airing of Game of Thrones beginning May 4th ... including a sneak peek in a theater in Sweden’s capital city, Stockholm! According to the schedule for April-May, on May 3rd the first two episodes will be shown by Stockholm’s Cinemateket in the Bio Filmhuset Victor, starting from 6 PM.

Entry is free, according to the program. This airing is in collaboration with the Swedish film magazine Cinema. This is not the first HBO original program they’ll be playing in a theater, though—we couldn’t help but notice that the Kate Winslet-led miniseries, Mildred Pierce, is getting a sneak peek on the 19th.

Also, amusingly, on May 8th, Cinemateket has gotten it into its head to mark the occasion by having an 80’s fantasy film marathon: The Princess Bride, Legend, and Ladyhawke will play back-to-back.

Visit the Site!

Linda and I have looked into it, but Tuesday's not the best day for it, and also there's no train running back to Gothenburg in time -- we'd have to stay over in Stockholm, and would rather not. So it's a miss from us, I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: I e-mailed Cinemateket and asked about how to get tickets. They said you have to go get them at the cashier's office in Filmhuset, Borgvägen 1. http://www.sfi.se/sv/Cinemateket/Biografer/Biografer-i-Stockholm/

I'll probably go there sometime next week. If there are people coming from other cities, just let me know and I'll be happy to get tickets for you too.

Archived