[Spoilers] Possible Casting Choices for Season Two

Xray the Enforcer

I would love to see Henry Ian Cusick for Davos. He was excellent as Desmond on Lost and I feel like he could really play up the role as a more sympathetic adviser to Stannis. I don't think he's attached to any projects right now and he would be recognizable to a lot of the audience after he work on Lost.

Henry Ian Cusick in pretty much any role he has the look for would be great. He's a great actor, from the UK and has a strong TV background so I can't see why he couldn't potentially be in GoT. Casting peeps do you hear me????

They'll have some salary to play with since Bean and the guy who plays Robert (whose name escapes me now) will be gone. I wonder if they'll use it to get someone somewhat known for Stannis maybe Mark Strong or someone along those lines. Maybe even Melisandre: Natalie Dormer or Sophia Myles.

I doubt they'd get a name for Asha or even Brienne. And Brienne probably won't be as ugly as described in the books. Like Tyrion, she'll be played by an actor so there is only so ugly they can go. They'll just butch up a physically imposing actress. As for Claudia Black for Asha, she's too old at this point. I like her but Asha is only a few years older then Theon.

I was thinking about the Greyjoys, and how it'd be more of a contrast if the Iron Islanders had a very different accent from Theon. Say, Scandinavian or Northern Scottish... Theon's been a ward of the Starks for a very long time, it'd be interesting if his family (and his people) were not only different in their dress, but their accents as well. It would show how out of place Theon is, in his homeland...

So, casting Scandinavian actors (or British actors who can do Scandinavian or heavy Northern Scottish (NS Isles?) accents) for the Iron Island people?

I was thinking about the Greyjoys, and how it'd be more of a contast if the Iron Islanders had a very different accent from Theon. Say, Scandinavian or Northern Scottish... Theon's been a ward of the Starks for a very long time, and it would be more of a contrast if his family (and his people) were not only different in their dress, but their accents as well. It would show how out of place Theon is, in his homeland...

So, casting Scandinavian actors (or British actors who can do Scandinavian or heavy Northern Scottish (NS Isles?) accents) for the Iron Island people?

I really like this idea. Definitely should be a Scottish accent though as every accent heard so far in Westeros is a British one so you wouldn't want them to sound too out of place. But yeah, Theon should definitely have a contrasting accent to the rest of his 'people'.

In my opinion the only actress that could play the role of Brienne in a realistic way (aka: loyal to what is written in the books) is Hilary Swank. She can look masculine (see Million Dollar Baby) anf she can look ugly in a "hollywood" way.

Only problem is that it's just a dream, being her salary too high (and I don't think she wants to do Television).

For Stannis my dream would be Hugh Lourie aka House MD (another impossible chioce due to salary and Lourie's will to leave television after the last season of House).

As for Melisandre a realistic option might be Sienna Miller

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uJCHGvIp3BA/TPtqQMGPqCI/AAAAAAAAFmw/jNJHZmtW_5M/s1600/sienna-miller-vintage-haircut-style.jpg

She is English, she is hot, and she might be interested in doing television. She just need a bit of red dye for her hair.

Evan Rachel Wood can do Margery Tyrell. :D

I really like this idea. Definitely should be a Scottish accent though as every accent heard so far in Westeros is a British one so you wouldn't want them to sound too out of place. But yeah, Theon should definitely have a contrasting accent to the rest of his 'people'.

I was about to point out that the Tully's seem to have been given a Scottish accent - but then remembered that the Riverlands and Iron Islands used to be part of the same Kingdom - so that'd work really well. The Greyjoys would need a stronger accent, to make them stand out as separate still - but again, that still works, and there's still good variety within the realm of Scottish accents to be had.

I think it's a good call.

Hiliary Swank could not pull off Brienne - so far the only name I've seen with any resemblance at all is Eva Damen; and even she's a little on the short and slim side - just less far off than anyone else

I would love to see Henry Ian Cusick for Davos. He was excellent as Desmond on Lost and I feel like he could really play up the role as a more sympathetic adviser to Stannis. I don't think he's attached to any projects right now and he would be recognizable to a lot of the audience after he work on Lost.

If 'Scandal' (which looks really bad) gets greenlit for a second season I doubt he'll be free...

Just saw David Morrissey in South Riding, and think his jaw clenching and generally repressed feelings perfect for Stannis. His voice is not what I imagine for Stannis though. It's too seductive, if that's the right word.

As a yorkshire lass I am delighted that you should describe my native accent - used in South Riding -as 'seductive'! It is not David Morrissey's true accent though, he was putting that on. He's a liverpudlian.

And he was BRILLIANT as Macbeth. According to IMDB he's not busy doing any asinine melodramas either... So: Stan-nis Stan-nis! Nina Gold have cast him before...

She's 5'6 and 36 years old. Not very loyal to the books at all.

The age is not a problem, having all the characters different ages in the Tv show. About the height, you can make people taller than they are if you are a good director (like in X-Files, where on of the two main actors was very small and thanks to good directing was perceived as taller by the audience).

James Frain for Roose Bolton. Sure, his role in True Blood was a bit more in your face (okay a lot more) than Bolton is, but James Frain is a talented actor. I'm sure he'd be a perfect Bolton.

I'm just surprised he doesn't appear in the last part of the first season, or if he does, that his casting hasn't even been announced.

About the height, you can make people taller than they are if you are a good director (like in X-Files, where on of the two main actors was very small and thanks to good directing was perceived as taller by the audience).

Gregor Clegane and Hodor are being played by genuinely huge people. Why not Brienne?

Honestly, I think the fans are a little scared of Brienne being cast resembling the book description. A huge brute of a woman. They'd rather go for the traditional Buffy-like little skinny girl who somehow can kick ass with the best of them while still being super cute. I personally think that's daft. It works for Buffy because she has superpowers, but Brienne is a "normal" human.

I was thinking about the Greyjoys, and how it'd be more of a contast if the Iron Islanders had a very different accent from Theon. Say, Scandinavian or Northern Scottish... Theon's been a ward of the Starks for a very long time, it'd be interesting if his family (and his people) were not only different in their dress, but their accents as well. It would show how out of place Theon is, in his homeland...

Yes, let's leave the British Isles....Stellan Skarsgard can be anyone he wants, great actor. Michael Nyqvist was great in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Roose Bolton

Yes, let's leave the British Isles....Stellan Skarsgard can be anyone he wants, great actor. Michael Nyqvist was great in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Roose Bolton

Micheal Nyqvist would be an excellent Roose, good call!! I love Stellan Skarsgard- cast him as Davos...

I know it's unlikely, but I really want to see Ciaran Hinds as Roose Bolton. He really pulled off being quietly menacing in Rome and Prime Suspect 3. It's probably too small a part for him, but he would be perfect in my opinion. I'd also love to see some other HBO stars in the cast. Ian McShane could be a good Balon Greyjoy, it's too small of a part for him probably, but maybe they could expand it somewhat. Also, Dominic West (McNulty) could be Vargo Hoat or someone else, I jsut want to see him in the show somehow.

I like Richard O'Brian as Vargo Hoat

http://www.timewarp.org.uk/cellar/2010EveningWithRichardOBrienDVDimage8.jpg

and I think Ian McShane would be an awesome Crastor.

http://mimg.sulekha.com/ian-mcshane/stills/ian-mcshane-01.jpg

Although Ian McShane as anyone with a mean streak is perfect.

Rickard Karstark maybe. Although way to small a role.

Archived