AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

I was an early fan of Wonder Woman, but I don't like this constant butting of heads with Barbie. Yeah, I know there's something about Barbie's posts that makes people want to respond, but it almost seems too much. Could be a nice distraction for Wonder Woman (not enough to put him on a suspect list, just something to file away in my head)

I've been spending the last hour or so writing posts shouting at him, then deleting it because it's irrelevant, then seeing something else from him that infuriates me and writing another post, and on and on. I'm too easily trolled, I guess. Unearned arrogance does it for me every time.

I've been spending the last hour or so writing posts shouting at him, then deleting it because it's irrelevant, then seeing something else from him that infuriates me and writing another post, and on and on. I'm too easily trolled, I guess. Unearned arrogance does it for me every time.

I can understand that, but I was also thinking it when you two were butting heads over semantics earlier.

Why are you Garfield sitting in your main acc?

The last of Moday's posts was on "Yesterday, 12:02 PM".

And that is not the first time mishap, indeed.

I know that is not polite to make a case based on tech glitches, but I do agree with people (WW, Simba whom did I forgot else?) who was saying that your behavior is unusual. I literally feel that you are talking outside the thread.

Edit: damn typos, I should not eat when posting

Barbie, it's against our rules to mention meta-information in the game like you just did.

(obviously we're meta-ing people's style in this game thread, but since we're all outed, it's different. It's usually off-limits too)

And with that I am out.

Why are you Garfield sitting in your main acc?

The last of Moday's posts was on "Yesterday, 12:02 PM".

And that is not the first time mishap, indeed.

I know that is not polite to make a case based on tech glitches, but I do agree with people (WW, Simba whom did I forgot else?) who was saying that your behavior is unusual. I literally feel that you are talking outside the thread.

Edit: damn typos, I should not eat when posting

Just to let you know again, uh, well....people do come to this board for reasons other than playing Mafia. I have my other account logged in with another browser, so I can do regular board stuff and also read other forums, since a lot of them aren't visible with this game alt. Not that I'm not suspicious of Garfield, but this argument is....not very good. And there's a reason that arguments like this are usually disallowed in games.

I have my other account logged in with another browser, so I can do regular board stuff and also read other forums, since a lot of them aren't visible with this game alt.

And so do I.

(obviously we're meta-ing people's style in this game thread, but since we're all outed, it's different. It's usually off-limits too)

Then why, dammit, we have all alts with the given nicknames from very begining. Not using meta is just not making any sense. Since we all using it, anyways. It's like telling people not to think about white monkey. And since we all thinking about it I say that it would be hypocrite move not to speak of it out loud.

Then why, dammit, we have all alts with the given nicknames from very begining. Not using meta is just not making any sense. Since we all using it, anyways. It's like telling people not to think about white monkey. And since we all thinking about it I say that it would be hypocrite move not to speak of it out loud.

Pay attention to rule B6, please.

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Garfield (Krakatoa, Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Puff the Magic Dragon (Wonder Woman)

1 vote for The Mummy (Simba)

1 votes for Simba (The Mummy)

7 players have not voted: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Sooty.

And Edward ... where the hell are you?

eta: just realize Edward and I have the same post count :blush:

We had a poker game at the local poker club then went out for a friend's birthday. Didn't stumble in until 3am and my head hurts. Hope that clears that up.

Give me an hour or so for my head to clear then I'll properly catch up.

Hi, guys.

I' m falling behind you guys. You write too fast for me.%)

Could somebody make a short review of the players thoughts?%)

Right now I am in the university, and I won't be here at the end of the day, because I will be sleeping at that time.

I really want to help as much as I can.)

I suspect Krakatoa and Wonder Woman for some reasons. WW more.

I will write why i think so when I will be at home.

Wonder Woman.

ETA: Showgirl Barbie, honestly, I think we are having a culture clash here. Is there some English version of your strategy guide available, that says how exactly to structure arguments for Maximum Accuracy? Like maybe a statistical analysis of mafia behavior?

I would be happy if he/she used full words I understood

what the hell is "lylo"?

He's fallen off my radar, partially because of being absent so far during Day 2, and partially because I was kind of won over by his 'I'm innocent and bad at this game stop posting so much' post that occurred right after I went to bed last night. What can I say, I'm easily persuaded. :crying:

Would like to hear more from him with regard to day 2 movements. For instance, yesterday he did not suspect Simba. Has that changed with recent developments? I can't make much of his vote for Malc Starlin because it was partly to save himself from a lynch, but I also don't understand why he said this:

What does that even mean? Why does that mean that Malc is guilty? Reasoning?

I took it as OMGUS

eta: sorry, I did what I accused Barbie of: Oh My Gosh, U Suck--revenge vote (but I did realize it right away :P

I can see the points people are making against Garfield. Actually, is anyone else looking at Garfield other than Krak and Simba?

No, not at all

I am just not seeing what they seem to be seeing

I know this is Monday's first game, but she is also smart and pays a great deal of attention

I think if she had a partner, she would not just be floating around kind of aimlessly

But you are faulting me. You keep calling me unoriginal and lazy. I do find it harder to get intot he game when reading a huge chunk of the game without being involved in it. Your claims of my logical play aside, I get a feel for this game by interacting and going back and forth with players, not just sitting back and analyzing it. My gut needs to be in the middle of it, otherwise I have a difficult time evaluating motives.

The problem here is that I feel like its the natural path for a busy FM to take. You're late to the game, and you want to look active. But you're rushed, and you don't have the need to really think about everything and search for the FM (because you already know who they are) - you just have to fake it. So you go through the thread posting vague thoughts. You give a rundown of the players, but don't commit to much of anything. And you end up voting for the one person who listed you on a suspect list. It's a very convenient target.

This can serve as an answer to Kuro's question too. Do I think Gert would normally be a 'lazy FM'? No, of course not. But in this situation, I think she could fall into that trap, due to being late. I've seen it happen before. In fact, I know I've done it myself. I've had times where I've been evil and away from the thread for a while, and I just can't bring myself to really go through everything and think about it from the innocent perspective, so I just search for one reasonable target to latch onto.

Yeah, yeah, OMGUS and all. You think his suspects were good? Or that calling Wonder Woman's vote against Starlin the most suspicious?

No, I don't think his suspects were good. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the first one to point out that he was mostly targeting people who hadn't posted much.

It's not that your suspicion is invalid (though I do think there are other factors that indicate Barbie's innocence). It's that it was the most convenient target for you. If I had to predict one target for FM Gert on day 1, it would have been Barbie. You don't make a new enemy, you have a very easy argument to make, and you get everyone nodding along with you (because pretty much everyone agrees that Barbie is erratic, whether or not they suspect him).

I mostly put everyone in as a check to myself. I wanted to make sure I at least remembered everyone and knew how I felt about them, even if it was just 'I have no friggin clue'. That little bit was more for myself rather than anyone else.

This is true, it wasn't explained. To me it was obvious so I didn't bother putting it in words. As I was going through the thread I'd get tot he point where I'd want to break off and comment only to find the very next post is Wonder Woman saying everything I was going to. Right now he's the one who's thought's I am able to follow and agree with best. Of course I don't want to vote him off right now.

Okay, so that section was for you - then why bother posting it? Because to me, it looks as if it was your attempt to let everyone know that you aren't tunnel visioned and that you are reading the whole thread. Your list was missing content, obviously, but it was enough to get the casual reader to say 'okay, Gert has mentioned everybody, she's not ignoring anyone'.

Take an outsider's point of view for a second - can you honestly say that the section we're talking about doesn't look suspicious? If somebody else posted that, how would you respond?

Actually, it was the move of an overwhelmed innocent showing up to the thread late desperately trying to find a reason to suspect one weak suspect over another. I'll have to read that over, but I thought I understood that argument. Apparently I didn't.

Yeah, look - I'm not going to discount the possibility that you're innocent and that all of these points could come down to the reality that you didn't have enough time to play on day 1. But the fact remains, your behavior fits more with what I expect from an FM in your position than anything else.

Again, I'll have to reread, but as much as Simba is saying that I'm not playing up to his expectations, he's not playing up to mine. You're by far as active if not more than me. You may have more posts than me, but I don't get the feeling that you're invested. You had a few short posts via phone plus your vote this morning, but I remembering being disappointed that you hadn't contributed more. Perhaps that's not fair, but If you're using it against me ...

Can you quote some examples of how I'm not engaged? First Mina said it, and now you're echoing it. And I just don't get it, because I've been trying pretty damn hard at this game. It's actually kind of insulting, because the reality is that I am innocent and I am trying to hunt down the FM. So basically, if you're telling the truth, you're just saying that I'm playing a bad game.

Oh and for the record, in the morning, from 7 to 10 a.m. central time, I have a pretty set schedule. I get up, change the babies' diapers, work out, get ready for work, drive to work. I'll rarely be able to do much more than read the game from my phone during that time period. The only way I'm going to be able to contribute in the morning is if I get up early (like today), or if I decide to skip some of those tasks. So yeah - day 1 ended at a really bad time for me.

Also, I have to mention - you're once again just repeating a point made by somebody else (Mina made the same comment earlier).

However, I was already half suspecting you because of your bullying post towards Humpty. She suspected you so you browbeat her trying to get her to back off by appealing to past games. It really, really hit me wrong. That and the fact that Stalin had a few vibes on you. Now I see this case on me which is, how shall I put this - a fairly big post - to put up a few points against me surrounded by fluff and meta. Seriously, there was a lot of filler in there to give the case weight. It feels like a full on WJ press based on not much information.

Oh c'mon...are you kidding? You suspect me because of my 'bullying post'? Seriously? How long have we been playing together, Gert? How often have I made posts like that and been innocent? You of all people should know that its absolutely meaningless with regard to my alignment. I'm not surprised that a newcomer like Barbie has overreacted to it, but I can't understand why you would even factor it into your evaluation of me.

Look, I have a pretty awful temper. I was already pissed off at Mina for another post she had made earlier in the game, which I took as a personal insult. Then I saw her making some of the same arguments that you're making now - that I'm not trying hard enough, that my output has been disappointing, whatever. Given that I'm actually devoting more to this game than I want, it made me snap. In case you've forgotten, I have a long history of getting angry in games, and then regretting it later and apologizing in spoilers. This shouldn't be a surprise to you.

I'm not going to argue that this is an indication of me being innocent, but at the very least it should be a null tell for you, and I don't understand why you of all people are making such a big deal about it. The only people in this game who know me as well as you do are Mexal (Edward) and Kat (Krakatoa), and they both had the reaction that the post was meaningless.

Simba

Well, the one thing I guess I can say in your favor is that you know making a bad case and voting for me is not the best way to get me to back off. That's probably a small point in the innocent column. But it's still outweighed by all the rest of the points against you.

It was his post attacking Humpty that struck me as wrong. It got me thinking, and, I admit, a little bit from the fact that Stalin flipped NaK. Kind of gave me a little more confidence in my suspicion. Day 1 I hadn't seen anything that looked evil from Simba, but that post was not good. It didn't feel like genuine irritation or anger, just kind of mean and harsh out of nowhere to plant the seeds of doubt in Mina. As we all know, as does she, that she second guesses and he wanted her second guessing him. I did mention that I disliked that post before Simba pulled out his suspicions of me. You could say his case on me was a response to me suspecting him, not the other way around.

Going back to this for another minute. So lets say I'm evil. The votes are piling up against Starlin and Ernst. There have been a few posts indicating some suspicion of me, but Mina is the only one really calling for my head. There's approximately an hour left in day 1.

I'm basically in the perfect position. Because I'm not going to be lynched, and I've got plenty of reason to survive night 1 (somebody is trying to get me lynched).

And you're telling me that, in that situation, I made the cold calculation that it was the right time to lash out at Mina? Why would I bother? What did I have to gain, given the timing of that post?

And your first question to Simba is something I had in the back of my mind as well but forgot to say (slightly distracted by the wall of case against me). We cross posted a bit last night, so he had had time to respond to my posts and comment on them, but didn't.

I'll answer both you and Kat here. You didn't post much while I was awake on day 1. You said a few things, but I certainly couldn't get a full picture of your lack of contribution/commitment until I read all of your day 1 posts together. When I did get back and read the thread, I started to get a bad feeling about you. But there was no point in bringing it up at the end of the day, and I suspected Malcolm more anyway. And then, after day 1 was finished, I wasn't going to mention anything at night and possibly get killed for it.

Regarding my long post - yeah, I've made long cases when evil. I've also made long posts when innocent. Should be completely meaningless to you.

And I want to dispute the fact that Simba thinks my vote on Barbie was in response to him suspecting me. I had made one post at that point. The only possible reason he could have been suspecting me was low-profile. I'd like to think I'm the type of player who is not panicked by a baseless suspicion. I'd also like to think people who've played with me would think that too. I can sooooo beat the rap of being a low-profile player.

Again, you're missing the point here. I wasn't saying that you lashed out at Barbie because you felt threatened. I was saying that he was the most convenient target for your vote.

Just for clarity

B6) Post information on the thread relating to another player's past or current activity on (or absence from) the board that would not otherwise be available to anybody reading the thread.

This means posting things like who's veiwing the thread, or how many users. or who's posting elsehere.

You may not agree with this rule but this is how we play here.

Back. <_<

This is something that bothers me about Garfield. I specifically asked him how comfortable he was leaving his vote on Starlin even though when he posted it, it was the first vote, and he came back to find 3 others on there as well.

I know he's new and I should cut him some slack for this, but I kind of get the feeling that he decided to leave his vote on Starlin because it was the largest lynch mob and there weren't many people around who had said they wanted to lynch me, while others-- specifically the Mummy, and Simba (I think- need to go back and check) had shown willingness to move the Starlin vote forward. This is sort of advanced newbie reasoning, but who knows, if he's evil maybe his partner told him to leave it there. But it bothers me, because this is Garfield's only reasoning for keeping his vote in place:

And then he goes to bed.

There's not much of a case to be made on Garfield because he doesn't post much, but what there is I find worrisome.

The Starlin vote seemed to be about half people who actually suspected him and half bandwagon. Which I admit is going to be true for a lot of early lynches, but this was the first lynch mob to get to 4 people and ended up the lynch based partly on apathy.

Don't really suspect Miss Marple despite late vote for someone she thought was innocent. In the end, someone had to do it. Better information than no information, and having someone almost get lynched and then stopped is just a distraction on later days.

Sorry about the vote for you, Ernst. I will say that you were on my suspect list, but due to timing, I voted for you because the momentum on my other suspect seemed to be nonexistent. I still suspect people who think Simba is evil. :worried:

I think you are reaching and that last statement has me the most worried

I have a busy day today, but I will make a case on you

The basics are 1) you admit it is not much of a case, yet you are still voting her; and 2) suspecting anyone who suspects Simba? WTF? Simba is ALWAYS evil whether or not he is an FM

Apoligies for being distracted with work.

Right now I feel Simba is RI simply because he states very important facts and figures. Wonder Woman as for you, I believe you stated a while back that I was far from a FM now all of a sudden you vote me as a guilty party. I find that to be most odd when all I ever did was vote for someone who was questioning my defense as a whole. I have nothing to hide but I trust Krakatoa, Simba, and Garfield. One I do not trust who always remains quiet

Miss Marple sometimes people who are to quiet are lurking in shadows.

Archived