AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

I already see how it will be tons and tons of argumens like "stop easy lynch" when it came to deadline.

I mast say I hate all sort of "easy lynch" arguments, so don't even try.

Now, I make post-by-post analisis of Garfield, and tell you what I've found (I know someone already did it, but I want to make my own reads):

Firts is lack of posting/content, which is rather bad tell for a player with newbie status. It is bad because if passive newb is inncent, then obviously he is not intrested in the game, or he is lurking because he afraid of lynch which is bad for innocent faction regardless of her alignment.

She had asked questions to:

Joseph Starlin

Ernst Blofeld (in return)

and some others - which i mention later

Also I've found interesting thing about timing/lurking - .... (I woun't tell you more - Mod is watching)

She got her eye on Krakatoa (aka the famous "At risk of sounding defensive..." post see Simba's analisis) IMO null tell.

Than I've found something weird with her interaction with The Mummy. I swear I heared notes of coaching here. I mean Garfield was asking Mummy questions, and those questions were clear of any signs of sceptical thoughts.

But when Garfield was speaking with Joseph Starlin, Ernst Blofeld, Miss Marple, Wonder Woman she was genuinely hostile.

That's a bad tell for Mummy in case if Garfield flips FM.

That's typical to overreact on the lucky misslynch for a newb-scum. I consider it as a tell. Seriously.

I was reading this post many times, and you know what?

Marple - I am at a bit of a loss here. I don't know Lany well, but she seems like a careful person with organized thoughts (plus I hear she's played this game a million times). I get the distinct impression that any 'missteps' she would make at this point would be on purpose to get reads on other players. She could be FM, she could be team. I think she would be posting similarly regardless of what faction she belongs to. I'd be lying if I said I had a clue.

Not a big fan of how this was worded. I meant bad was underlined part. I'm considering this as a tell too. (Non anti-Marple tell, but Garfiels-FM tell)

I was reading this post many times, and you know what?

Not a big fan of how this was worded. I'm considering this as a tell too.

Since you like to took at meta info, you might have noticed that I am running a trivia game and until yesterday, Monday/Garfield was part of it---it might have skewed her view of me :) (truth is I stole most of the set up and a few of the questions from WJ :P )

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Garfield (Krakatoa, Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Krakatoa (Miss Marple)

1 vote for Miss Marple (Puff the Magic Dragon)

1 vote for Puff the Magic Dragon (Wonder Woman)

1 vote for Simba (The Mummy)

1 vote for The Mummy (Simba)

1 vote for Wonder Woman (Ernst Blofeld)

4 players have not voted: Edward, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Sooty.

Since you like to took at meta info, you might have noticed that I am running a trivia game and until yesterday, Monday/Garfield was part of it---it might have skewed her view of me :) (truth is I stole most of the set up and a few of the questions from WJ :P )

I'll redact my post so you'll see what was the point. I can delete all words in that Garfield's qoute - leaving only this part: " I'd be lying if I said I had a clue."

It's too damn bad worded to come from innocent mouth.

Edward:

In #177 you suspect Kat for doing vote analysis before the lynch is over. Could you explain why you think this is evil (as opposed to unusual) behavior?

In #344 after the WJ/Mina scuffle you proclaim Simba "still" innocent. Unless I'm missing something again, you still haven't told us why you believe this. WJ himself has just said that his rudeness is a null tell, not a sign of innocence (in #515 under the sixth quote).

I'll redact my post so you'll see what was the point. I can delete all words in that Garfield's qoute - leaving only this part: " I'd be lying if I said I had a clue."

It's too damn bad worded to come from innocent mouth.

we'll have to agree to disagree over it

Did you miss my post when I stated my reason for voting Starlin? You seem like you want to give an account of what happened at the end of the day. You quote one of my posts, and claim that I don't say anything to "indict" Starlin. Yet you ignored all of my main points against him, which were in this post.

Have to say, your sudden suspicion of me when the momentum is starting to swing against me is....convenient.

Better to get my suspicions out of the way now :)

They always come, you know, you make me question my sanity and fill me with paranoia :P

honestly, I can almost always see where you are coming from, but not this time--don't know if it is me or you, but I am failing to get any of your suspicions---normally I can fall into line with your cases---this is my problem, I just don't think you are being sincere with the cases, which is a huge flag for me

I am not ready to say it is not my fault, yet, but there is a disconnect here, and I wanted my feeling on the record

Ernst Blofeld:

I'm glad to see you actually pushing something instead of just being fluffy like your cat. That helps some of my concerns about you. At least, if you manage to get that case written. Bring it :fencing:

----

Puff:

Wonder Woman as for you, I believe you stated a while back that I was far from a FM now all of a sudden you vote me as a guilty party. I find that to be most odd when all I ever did was vote for someone who was questioning my defense as a whole.
(emphasis mine)

That's the point of my accusation. That is all you did. If you're innocent, don't just defend yourself, look for someone you think is guilty! And not just by bolding their name like you have with Miss Marple: give us your reasons, so that we might be convinced and join you and vote off the evil person.

As for saying 'a while back' that you seemed innocent - that's what happens in this game. More posts and more rereads change our opinions of what has come before. People will (and should, and must) turn on those they previously believed innocent.

That said, I don't actually remember saying that about you, nor can I find it by skimming my post history.

I have nothing to hide but I trust Krakatoa, Simba, and Garfield.
Any reasons?

By the way, you may notice that most of us don't say 'I have nothing to hide' in every one of our posts. Perhaps the lady doth protest too much? :leer:

One I do not trust who always remains quiet

Miss Marple sometimes people who are to quiet are lurking in shadows.

My vote is on someone quieter than Miss Marple. Tell us why we should vote her and not you.

I am catching up on the game and will make multiple posts as I make my way through it.

This is something that bothers me about Garfield. I specifically asked him how comfortable he was leaving his vote on Starlin even though when he posted it, it was the first vote, and he came back to find 3 others on there as well.

I know he's new and I should cut him some slack for this, but I kind of get the feeling that he decided to leave his vote on Starlin because it was the largest lynch mob and there weren't many people around who had said they wanted to lynch me, while others-- specifically the Mummy, and Simba (I think- need to go back and check) had shown willingness to move the Starlin vote forward. This is sort of advanced newbie reasoning, but who knows, if he's evil maybe his partner told him to leave it there. But it bothers me, because this is Garfield's only reasoning for keeping his vote in place:

And then he goes to bed.

There's not much of a case to be made on Garfield because he doesn't post much, but what there is I find worrisome.

The Starlin vote seemed to be about half people who actually suspected him and half bandwagon. Which I admit is going to be true for a lot of early lynches, but this was the first lynch mob to get to 4 people and ended up the lynch based partly on apathy.

Don't really suspect Miss Marple despite late vote for someone she thought was innocent. In the end, someone had to do it. Better information than no information, and having someone almost get lynched and then stopped is just a distraction on later days.

I agree with the case. However, I have an issue with the words she uses. It's so damn tentative. You can tell she's not entirely confident in her case and it makes me feel like she's open to letting others convince her it's not true.

Sorry about the vote for you, Ernst. I will say that you were on my suspect list, but due to timing, I voted for you because the momentum on my other suspect seemed to be nonexistent. I still suspect people who think Simba is evil. :worried:

I hate this. Why apologize? You gain nothing from that other than trying to get sympathy from Ernst

Hey, Edward, I take it you didn't make it back to a computer yet?

You're the very last person I'd expect to call WJ confidently innocent on D1. Didn't you predict an epic battle with him?

I'm back now.

Why am I the last person to call him innocent? He looks innocent. He's questioning people, he's digging deeper, he's getting annoyed. Can he play this way as evil? Yes, but I've always found him more calculating. In this, he hasn't been. His actions have been made to dig deeper, not to set someone up. That's my read.

For the first part, yes, I feel that Simba was a convenient vote earlier on Day 1. I don't suspect you for voting for Simba, really, because you seem to be steeped in paranoia way more than some others in the game as evidenced by putting off voting for a long time.

Maybe I should question my assumption that Simba is innocent, but I really can't shake the feeling, and now I feel like it's going to be a distraction today from other things. I wish there weren't a healer option in this game, sorry Simba, but you're so distracting when you're alive. It just makes people paranoid, like Miss Marple and Mummy. :bang: Not me yet, but give me another day or 12 hours or something and I'll probably be banging my head against that wall some more.

You make a good point about Edward, though. Even though I think Barbie's list of tells and clues is wrong (I have my own crazy list, thank you!) Edward has worried me because of his low profile. He also accused me of following Simba on day 1 and then inexplicably started declaring Simba and Malc/Starlin innocent, exactly the same thing I was doing. Hypocritical, much?

Language again. Feels wishy-washy. Nothing concrete. Opens herself up to voting Simba if properly convinced. Don't like it.

Am I missing something? What's hypocritical about declaring Simba and Starlin innocent?

More to come.

If your gonna quote people posting Meta info, and tell them not to. please edit the Meta out of your post.

Showgirl Barbie Please edit post #532

Miss Marple Please edit #534

everyone don't post Meta. you will not be warned again.

Seriously, Edward? Highlighting wishy-washy word choice from Kat? Kat is always wishy-washy in her language. I'm concerned that she may be following too much, though, as you pointed out yesterday; I'm reading back to see if I find any counter-examples.

If your gonna quote people posting Meta info, and tell them not to. please edit the Meta out of your post.

Showgirl Barbie Please edit post #532

Miss Marple Please edit #534

everyone don't post Meta. you will not be warned again.

done---sorry, I didn't think he'd understand what part I was talking about without it

Archived