AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

When I made that comment was before you voting Malc

No, that's not true at all.

Here are all of my posts about Malcolm at the end of day 1 -

Posting from phone. Something very strange about Malcolm. He always argues to not vote me on day 1 unless case is airtight b/c I'm "too valuable", but now he wants to lynch me with no case? Complete contradiction. Will explain more and vote for him when I get to a computer.

Ernst looks less suspicious after his last post. Still don't like his time travel trick, but he's below Malc on my list now.

Mina looks like she's trying to avoid vote for Malc or Ernst or both.

He also knows that attacking me on day 1 makes people think you are crazy/innocent. Kind of WIFOM at this point. Same goes for Mina's attack.

Huh? Nothing has changed from that.

This is my first post from the computer. Joseph Starlin

Don't have a lot of time, because I need to get to work soon. A few points about Starlin.

This is from early in the day. It's incorrect, and Malc should know that. I post a lot of crap on day 1, especially when innocent. Mostly just ask questions about whatever catches my eye and try to provoke people. While I try to be the same when evil, if I had to compare, I'd say I'm more careful when I have the FM role. Not less careful.

Huh? Again, Starlin is wrong, and he should know it. First, again - I was only bringing up a minor point at the very start of the day. Second, I point out possible symp clues all the time. While they are a longshot, I've always thought them to be a very small but viable possibility ever since I won a game by catching a symp clue.

I saw that Malc is denying it now, but the reality is that he has very frequently scolded people for voting against me on day 1. He has said things along the lines of "Whiskeyjack is too valuable to lynch on day 1 unless you are certain" (paraphrasing, but you get the point). This is a sharp departure from that position.

Again, very surprising that he'd vote for me right now without a strong suspicion of guilt.

Maybe I'm forgetting, but I can't remember the last time Malc posted a complete list of his player analysis on day 1. He's usually very reticent and only gives us limited thoughts this early. Really stands out to see him participating beyond that. Makes me think he's trying to please people and save himself.

Your post came after each and every one of those posts -

we have 3 people with 4 votes each

Starlin

Simba

Ernst Blofeld

I will not vote for Simba and I really don't want to vote for Starlin

So you're either confused or lying about this. I know you hate the accusation of lying...but I'm not sure what else to call it.

I have to go for a while. Not sure I'll be back before the end of the day, but I might be able to check on my phone a few times. We'll see. As it stands right now, I'm happy with my vote on Mummy. If forced to switch, I'd strongly consider Marple, Sooty, and Garfield.

I think that she is the only person here who knows me at ALL (from survivor) and she believes that I am town. Who better to read me? Now, I think you are grasping at straws Krack. Your case on me is weak and you are desprate not to get lynched yourself. Not enough people are piling on the Garfield wagon so you are moving on. Quit trying to manipulate me to save your butt.

If I wanted to save my own ass I wouldn't be going from a lynch mob with 2 people in it to another lynch mob with 2 people in it, both of which have about equal numbers of people saying they'd join. I think the only people who suspect me are you, Marple, and Sooty. :dunno:

You're just hard to pin down.

When you went for Malc and THEN he came up innocent, I lost my faith in your honesty---Problem is I just can't see you being THAT wrong about him and being truthful, therefore, you faked it to get rid of him is the only conclusion that I can come up with with

Oh, come ON! :bs:

You know better than to expect pinpoint accuracy on day one cases. Whiskeyjack is better than the rest of us, he is capable of some amazing feats (e.g., faking the argument between him and Mina is entirely in his capability) but he surely doesn't even have a 50% lynch-target to guilty ratio when he's innocent.

Your case is basically "I had an opinion about that turned out to be right; Whiskeyjack is better at Mafia than me; therefore Whiskeyjack should have agreed with me." That is nonsense. No matter how good we are, we aren't going to be right even close to 100% of the time, and I particularly wouldn't expect your and WJ's opinions to mesh often because your playstyles are so different.

I'm only up to night 1 in my reread of you but it's amazing how on-target Mina was when she called you 'safe and floating', at least for the rest of the day. You just threw your vote up then defended/explained yourself all day. You hardly pressed anything other than Ernst, and you didn't even press Ernst with cases, only with your vote.

Then the case on WJ during the night - which I find invalid as I described above, and opportunistic - turns into a day 2 that was, IIRC, back to safe and floating.

I'll note that of the experienced players here (other than Halo), I think Lany is the least unlikely to fit my insane Igor -> WJ/Mina fakeout theory. Lany/Garfield team would totally do it if they thought of it, IMO, though I don't think Lany would come up with something that outlandish herself.

Miss Marple

[ETA: This is re: Miss Namble]

Elaborating including day 2 read: Still totally safe and floating. Your top suspects are the two people who got the most votes during day 1, other than Ernst who has zero momentum because he has nobody actually clashing with him (you were the architect of his near-demise, in fact). Your reasons for voting Kat are nearly nonexistent and a promised elaboration never arrives. You act all waffly and noncommital on your Simba suspicion in #530 - retracting because the momentum wasn't there, and Kat was an easier target anyway with WJ in multi-page-long post mode.

Of course she is now. Once I called her on it, she had to change her approach. What I'm asking is, can you provide quotes (from the time period prior to my case) that show she was not playing a safe game?

Can you tell I'm trying to avoid rereading?

I just... don't like working that way. I could probably come up with something, sure, but I'm not the one making the assertion her posts don't have any meaningful content and I don't like doing homework.

Huh? Being late to the game, catching up on the thread, and preferring to 'be in the here and now' is an indication of innocence? How so? That doesn't make any sense.

It's the rebuttal I expect from an innocent based on the case you made against her.

I guess it could be made by a guilty party too, but in my mind it nulls and voids the case you made against her.

I now suspect that Miss Marple is evil. I think she may be Garfield's partner. Hey, Garfield, what do you think about Miss Marple and her inexplicably protective behavior toward you? Would you vote for her?

See, this is why I can't help but feel suspicious of you. You pushing the Garfield coaching thing seems about as narrow-focused as MM's assertion that you and WJ are partners without a doubt -- it just doesn't leave room for other possibilities and I don't think we'd be so lucky as to figure it all out like this by day 2. It smells of an agenda.

Also, if you're convinced that Marple and Garfield are partners why are you voting for MM? No offense meant to Garfield but Lany has a lot more experience with this community and could be of great value if your theory turns out to be wrong (sorry for the meta).

I've completely lost my heart for this game right now, but whatever.

I'd vote Garfield over Krakatoa, because Kat is a terrible, godawful lynch, and I honestly believe that voting her right now is a scumtell. That said, I'm not sold on Garfield-scum. I'll read Krakatoa's case more carefully, but I didn't find being a bit cautious to blend in all that suspicious for a new player. And I still think that some of his posts (including his newest one with a list of reads) come off as innocent.

I still think that Dragon is more likely to be scum than Garfield, because his posts really feel like he's just posting random gibberish to fit in and doesn't even care about finding the FM, not just that he doesn't know how. Haven't like Sooty's posts either, because I feel like his opinions are all soft and fluffy. I haven't seen much of his usual boldness.

I'm sort of torn on Marple because it's a case of logic vs. gut. I agree with all the points people have been making on her late in the day, and her justifications for her vote switches have been terrible. The problem is that Lany is always a bit illogical, and I'd really thought she seemed genuinely upset by Malc's lynch. Her being offended that I seemed to attack her play on D1 also read as innocent at the time. I'm tempted to vote her over Garfield if it gets down to a contest between them...but ehhhh, I feel kind of bad turning on her when she was in my innocent tiers at the beginning of the day.

And yes, I'm perfectly aware that I haven't cast a single vote all day. Go make a case on me tomorrow for it. I really don't care.

Does anyone know if the timer was changed to add the extra two hours?

It seems Marple is getting a lot of attention and as I have no opinion of her at the moment, I'm going to reread her. I'm also going to try to reread Wonder Woman and Sooty.

Also, on a side note, I'm increasingly worried about Puff's lack of participation.

Oh, come ON! :bs:

You know better than to expect pinpoint accuracy on day one cases. Whiskeyjack is better than the rest of us, he is capable of some amazing feats (e.g., faking the argument between him and Mina is entirely in his capability) but he surely doesn't even have a 50% lynch-target to guilty ratio when he's innocent.

But this was Ma1c!! Not some random 1ynch---we have been paying with him for what 4? 5? years now---who is easier to read than Ma1c? No one!

Forgot this

When I come up innocent, see to the partnership between Krak and Simba (sorry keyboard is broken and more keys are not working)

Don't you think that's a little too obvious though? I mean it's a possibility but they'd have to be very brazen to play with such an obvious partnership. Wouldn't it make more sense for one of them to be innocent and the other one to be riding coattails?

Haven't like Sooty's posts either, because I feel like his opinions are all soft and fluffy. I haven't seen much of his usual boldness.

Again my reputation precedes me. Outside of doing crazy shit --which I don't think I've done in quite some time-- how exactly am I known for being bold?

Forgot this

Don't you think that's a little too obvious though? I mean it's a possibility but they'd have to be very brazen to play with such an obvious partnership. Wouldn't it make more sense for one of them to be innocent and the other one to be riding coattails?

Who do they have to fear? Ha1f the p1ayers don't know them and they can convince everyone that a11 cha11angers are just pissing in the wind

eta: I know it is a crazy idea, but one of them is 1ike1y gui1ty

But this was Ma1c!! Not some random 1ynch---we have been paying with him for what 4? 5? years now---who is easier to read than Ma1c? No one!

We all have different abilities to read other peoples' tells. Like apparently a lot of people don't see how clearly innocent Kat is. :fencing: Malcolm himself is fond of saying he plays very much the same as FM and innocent, especially early, IIRC.

It's probably related to playstyle - Kat and I have very similar playstyles, right down to how we change when we're guilty, so I can read her more easily than other people can. You're more similar to Malc than to any other veteran here, IMO (though I may just be projecting association because neither of you are particularly concerned with grammar and are thus kind of hard on my eyes).

The thing that decided me on Marple, Mina, was that she is really defensive. I read her earlier today without taking notes and saw just a bunch of Lany and got no read. But when I noted down what she did in each post, it's all defensive, all the time, from (but not including) her original early Ernst train to the end of day 1. Her few offensive thrusts (ETA: which are Ernst day one, Simba night one, Kat day two) have been opportunistic.

Oh, side question:

What was the significance of this exchange? Did I miss something or was it never explained?

Also, how many FM do you think there are? There's a reason I'm asking this.

2FM, no symp

It sounds like you're leading up to some supposition but never make it.

--

If Kat and WJ were evil together, WJ wouldn't have Kat symp him, he'd have Kat symp someone else. Kat is really good at getting on peoples' good sides (because she does it as innocent too) and they both know it; her talent would be much more useful sucking up to an innocent than creating distance. WJ wouldn't waste an asset like that.

It is day 1.

12 players remain: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

3 votes for Krakatoa (Miss Marple, Edward, Ernst Blofeld)

3 votes for Miss Marple (Puff the Magic Dragon, Krakatoa, Wonder Woman)

1 vote for Garfield (Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Puff the Magic Dragon (Garfield)

1 vote for The Mummy (Simba)

3 players have not voted: Humpty Dumpty, Sooty, The Mummy.

Timer not updated yet. + 2 hours

Wonder Woman: it was kind of a shot in the dark. I'd noticed Lany had supposed there were two FM early on D1. In a fourteen-player game, someone as experienced as Lany should have assumed that there were three FM, or MAYBE two FM and a symp.

Part of it was because she'd called my "signalling" post suspicious and I wanted to see if she'd accuse me of symping when she'd said there was no symp in the game. (IIRC, she didn't bite.) Part of it was to corroborate my paranoid theory that she was symping Simba. If she was a symp, she might signal to her masters with the correct set-up. When she suggested two FM but no symp, I let it go.

Actually, not sure what her assumption says about her alignment.

Wonder Woman: it was kind of a shot in the dark. I'd noticed Lany had supposed there were two FM early on D1. In a fourteen-player game, someone as experienced as Lany should have assumed that there were three FM, or MAYBE two FM and a symp.

Part of it was because she'd called my "signalling" post suspicious and I wanted to see if she'd accuse me of symping when she'd said there was no symp in the game. (IIRC, she didn't bite.) Part of it was to corroborate my paranoid theory that she was symping Simba. If she was a symp, she might signal to her masters with the correct set-up. When she suggested two FM but no symp, I let it go.

Actually, not sure what her assumption says about her alignment.

No, I said others had the right to find it so

If there are 1ess than 18p1ayers, there shou1d on1y be 2 FM

More than 18, then a symp and/or 3rd FM

No, I said others had the right to find it so

If there are 1ess than 18p1ayers, there shou1d on1y be 2 FM

More than 18, then a symp and/or 3rd FM

Pless and unJon would agree. :P

I dunno, this is frustrating. I can't get over the fact that Miss Marple is acting suspiciously, but I also kind of feel like her 'when I flip innocent' and so forth is more indicative of being a symp than a killer. Which makes me really question why I'm voting for her now. :bang: Might go back to Garfield, but it's so close to the end of the day. Who's still here?

Archived