AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

Other Mod here, Malc we make a good Tag team :cheers:

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Garfield (Krakatoa, Showgirl Barbie)

2 votes for Krakatoa (Miss Marple, Edward)

1 vote for Miss Marple (Puff the Magic Dragon)

1 vote for Simba (Wonder Woman)

1 vote for The Mummy (Simba)

1 vote for Wonder Woman (Ernst Blofeld)

4 players have not voted: Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Sooty, The Mummy.

Oh, might as well go all in on the chaos-inciting plan. Simba

I scream all day that Simba is guilty, but no one listens to me.

Then I change my mind, and that leads to more votes on him.

All I'll say is that I'm not a good enough actress to have devoted that much energy to attacking and then clearing my FM partner. So if you're only voting him because of his interactions with me, that's a bit unfair.

I'm disappointed, guys. There was supposed to be chaos. I'm a bad Halo. :crying:

I took a walk and had some lunch and let things stew around in my head for a while. Putting my insanity out there seems to have freed my mind to think things through further - though I'm probably still overly fixated on this train of thought. I'm just going to accept that I think crazy paranoid things on day two and run with it.

So my scenario with the WJ/Mina FM team is pretty ridiculous, but resonates so strongly that I can't seem to discard it. Now I'm thinking that if we had an intelligent but inexperienced FM that had a good grasp on how the game is played and how it plays out, but didn't really have any of the strategic knowledge we've built up - it might seem to them that killing Igor would finger his suspect list (which was WJ, Mina, and Starlin) as well as his WJ/Mina pair theory. This theoretical inexperienced, intelligent FM sees this pair theory, and sees that Simba is looking quite suspicious to many people, and says - hot damn! If I kill Igor, it sets up this amazing situation that implicates these guys!

There's a major problem with this scenario, though, in that there's more than one killer, so this person's partner would have to be away or similarly inexperienced.

The other major problem is that as the Mummy mentioned, Igor seemed like a smart kill anyway no matter what - he had been called likely innocent by quite a few people.

So I was going to vote Garfield for being exactly the kind of person who would kill Igor to blame WJ for it - clearly intelligent enough and willing enough to think the effects of the kill through that far, but not experienced enough to guess that we wouldn't catch the link because there were more obvious reasons to kill Igor. But as I wrote this I kind of talked myself out of it. remove vote

I've matured over the years, I guess, and where the last time I played, I was hounding people for using the letters 's', 'y', 'm', and 'p' in arbitrary order, now when I get crazy theories like that at least I know they're crazy.

Thinking.

You know, it's really frustrating when people are calling me a follower of Simba when he cited my arguments, not the other way around. Just sayin'. (You realize that this is like, the only time ever when this has ever occurred? It made me want to frame the thread forevermore.) But seriously, can you give me a little bit of credit here that I think I deserve? I haven't been taking Simba's Tier 1 and only suspecting those people. In fact, I think there's only one person from that tier who I really suspect right now, and I voted for them first. :rolleyes:

It wasn't really a matter of said what first, more that you don't seem to have any doubt about his innocence. I just see that as a good place for a FM to hide; Somewhere that WJ himself admits is a bit of a blind spot.

My case on Gert has a lot more to it than that.

Do you think she's playing a safe game? And if your answer is no, can you show me a few quotes that provide evidence for your position?

It's more of a case that I don't think your case holds water and I believe her reactions to be genuine. She reacts how I would react.

I think she's taking a more active role now then you give her credit for.

That said, recent backtracking by her and Mina's does have me a little concerned.

Can you please quote a few examples? What are they saying that you agree with?

I think I explained this above. The main tip-off that makes me believe she's innocent (I thought) was already quoted by Mexal but I can't seem to find it...

The one where she talks about her lack of day one posts because she was spending much of the time catching up on the thread and that she prefers to be in the here and now.

Also, why do you think that indicates innocence? Don't you think it's the FM's goal to match the innocent perspective and say things that other people will agree with?

It might be their goal, but they don't always have an easy time pulling it off.

Don't forget he was somewhat led into a position where he had to comment on the matter. Personally my opinion on him hasn't changed at all.

I don't expect to be casting my vote until others have made up their minds. I will however be around for the end of the day to hammer in if needed.

So are you just going to ignore my questions in this post? Or do you intend to respond at some point?

ETA - Bah, my sarcasm lost all of its bite due to a cross-post.

It's more of a case that I don't think your case holds water and I believe her reactions to be genuine. She reacts how I would react.

I think she's taking a more active role now then you give her credit for.

Of course she is now. Once I called her on it, she had to change her approach. What I'm asking is, can you provide quotes (from the time period prior to my case) that show she was not playing a safe game?

I think I explained this above. The main tip-off that makes me believe she's innocent (I thought) was already quoted by Mexal but I can't seem to find it...

The one where she talks about her lack of day one posts because she was spending much of the time catching up on the thread and that she prefers to be in the here and now.

Huh? Being late to the game, catching up on the thread, and preferring to 'be in the here and now' is an indication of innocence? How so? That doesn't make any sense.

So our clear options are Garfield and Kat. This worries me because those are the people who feel the least suspicious to me. But there's plenty of reason for me to suspect Garfield anyway, even beyond my paranoid fantasies above. I read her as having knowledge of the surface appearance of the game and not the reasons and emotions that come along with it - which suggests someone who read earlier games and has no 'coach', and this is why she feels a bit trustworthy to me - but just because that's the read I took naturally doesn't mean it isn't the other way around. I hate that she would be lynched after coming under suspicion by underhanded means, but that doesn't affect her likeliness of being guilty or not.

Kat, however, I'm not happy to lynch. She's pure innocent Kat. Guilty Kat is kind of stealthy and lower-profile and does little more than latch onto other peoples' arguments and add a few thoughts. Innocent Kat is everyone's symp. Innocent Kat is very likely to do some latching-on, and might have a medium-low post count, but mostly just speaks whatever comes to her mind - so our Kat, with the high activity (signifying she is enjoying the game) and the combination of latching-on and pushing pet suspects (Garfield) and making unusual analyses nobody really likes (#142) and defending players that seem innocent (#228) seems about as evil as Gandhi.

Yeah, this is 100% meta. I don't like that it is, but I'm not going to invent more.

What am I supposed to suspect her for that counteracts all that? For 'following' behavior? Unsure wording? None of that is any more than null for her.

There's also a lot of talk but not a lot of action towards Miss Marple. She's been difficult to read all game and seemed very lacking in content - but she always does. Mostly it's just surprising that she did it with many short posts instead of fewer longer posts. But the hilarious truth is that our quietest player isn't entirely without a point when he votes our third most talkative player for not saying enough. It's really scary and I'm going to read her a third time and see if I actually find any tells this time around.

I suspect Miss Marple most. Why the knee-jerk newbie defense, and why only for Garfield?

Vote remains where it is.

OMGUS :P

The main reason is the other new payers are from that mafia site and Garfied is not---She is the odd man out here

If there were posts to to bak this up, fine, but I didn't see it

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

2 votes for Garfield (Krakatoa, Showgirl Barbie)

2 votes for Krakatoa (Miss Marple, Edward)

1 vote for Miss Marple (Puff the Magic Dragon)

1 vote for The Mummy (Simba)

1 vote for Wonder Woman (Ernst Blofeld)

5 players have not voted: Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

You have 3 hours and 40 mins of normal time.

I'm granting you 2 hours extra time. (I'm also getting annoyed by the fl00b effect, I'll update the counter from work (in a couple of hours) my mouse has stopped working)

Marple, a few questions for you.

we have 3 people with 4 votes each

Starlin

Simba

Ernst Blofeld

I will not vote for Simba and I really don't want to vote for Starlin

What changed for you between the end of day 1' date=' when you posted the above quote, and the start of day 2, when you said -

I had blind trust in Simba for the start of the game, but I think he was WAY off base here

Really, I am starting this day with Simba as my main suspect

You cited some of my posts against Starlin (when saying I was way off base), but didn't mention others. Regardless, all of those posts about Starlin were made on day 1, prior to you saying that you wouldn't vote for me. So what changed?

Earlier, I asked you about 1) your failure to mention my main post against Starlin, and 2) your sudden change in opinion. Here's what I said -

Did you miss my post when I stated my reason for voting Starlin? You seem like you want to give an account of what happened at the end of the day. You quote one of my posts' date=' and claim that I don't say anything to "indict" Starlin. Yet you ignored all of my main points against him, which were in this post.

Have to say, your sudden suspicion of me when the momentum is starting to swing against me is....convenient. [/quote']

You responded -

Marple, a few questions for you.

What changed for you between the end of day 1, when you posted the above quote, and the start of day 2, when you said -

When I made that comment was before you voting Malc---you know Malc's tells better than anyone, yet you reacted in a very much OMGUS manner (I think, board freaks out every time I try to look)

When you went for Malc and THEN he came up innocent, I lost my faith in your honesty---Problem is I just can't see you being THAT wrong about him and being truthful, therefore, you faked it to get rid of him is the only conclusion that I can come up with with

You cited some of my posts against Starlin (when saying I was way off base), but didn't mention others. Regardless, all of those posts about Starlin were made on day 1, prior to you saying that you wouldn't vote for me. So what changed?

See above

Which really didn't explain why you failed to mention my biggest post against Starlin, and which didn't address your quick change of opinion.

And around the same time of your response to me, you decided that instead of voting for your 'top suspect', you'd go after Krakatoa -

I found her as suspicious as I find you---and it was easier to quantify

That was quickly followed by a vote against Krak.

So am I not your top suspect anymore? If not, then what changed? And did you ever make that case against Krakatoa?

Not sure which I am more suspicious of

I just got back home a little bit ago---I am having a lot of trouble posting, but I did lay out the basics of the case, just without quotes---will keep trying to get it

Sorry, did a quick read through and here are my thoughts (such as they are). My problem is that I'm not convinced anyone is FM yet. Puff is my most likely suspect, I'm voting for him, but if I had to put a number on it I would say I think there is only about a 40% chance he is scum in my mind, but I have no more likely options at this point.

Edward - Nothing he has said has really stood out to me as especially suspicious. Or really stood out at all. Could be that I'm just a little overwhelmed right now, but he's flying under my radar. I'll try to reread him before the vote.

Humpty Dumpty - I'd like some recent thoughts on someone besides Simba. On the fence.

Krakatoa - No change in opinion. I'm open to voting for her, but I choose Puff instead. All I have on Krak is a gut feeling and we've already estabished that my gut is an idiot. I'd rather vote for Puff.

Puff the Magic Dragon - The fella we all want to hear from. He posts, but he says nothing. Apperanty he has some opinions, but he refuses to share them with the class. It's overwhelming being a newcomer, but I'm willing to bet it is even more overwhelming to be a FM newcomer. I think he is afraid that we will see right through him if he posts anything of consequence.

Showgirl Barbie- She is likely town. I hope a FM wouldn't talk so much random nonsense. Unless she's crazy like a fox. I doubt that.

Simba - I need to reread him. Nothing stands out.

Sooty - Also flying under my radar a bit. I'll try to reread him too.

The mummy - Her responses to Simba seemed genuine.

Wonder Woman - Seems to like to tal a lot, but in a way that keeps attention focused on other people. That doesn't mean much. Good strategy for town or FM.

Ok, here's the thing. On Day 1, I was pretty sure about Miss Marple being innocent mainly because her thoughts tended to be pretty parallel to mine; for instance we both said that Sooty (old Sooty) voting for WJ was kind of odd/opportunistic. And I didn't really think anything about her vote for Malc/Starlin at the end of the day just to get a lynch. I probably would have done that same thing if I had been here.

But I don't understand the shift in paranoia/attitude on Day 2. Marple said nothing about me on D1, but since I pick a suspicious new person on D2--Garfield, who I will note, others have also independently suspected--she starts coming after me. She also flips on Simba for similar reasons, like the whole "is being coached" issue. At first I thought it was just a mama bear instinct when I remembered that Monday was in the Survivor game, which I haven't looked at in a few days, but...I dunno. Both of them have been coming after me. Garfield first noted her suspicion of me on D1 but didn't change her vote from Starlin, and then had a reason to attack me on D2 when I voted for her.

I now suspect that Miss Marple is evil. I think she may be Garfield's partner. Hey, Garfield, what do you think about Miss Marple and her inexplicably protective behavior toward you? Would you vote for her?

Or Ernst because I did me take on them before work. :P

Ok, that was a long time ago. You didn't mention her fixation on you.

So, you say 'could be FM or could be town'. You make pretty vague statements on almost everyone, which of course makes you hard to pin down.

So, would you vote for Marple or not?

When I come up innocent, see to the partnership between Krak and Simba (sorry keyboard is broken and more keys are not working)

Simba is The Mountain and I am The Tickler.

Is there gold in the village? Is there silver? Gems? Food?

Where is Lord Beric?

Garfield seems to be pretty well schooled in the art of mafia and making vague statements. Are you her partner? Symp? How many partners do you have?

:P

Ok, here's the thing. On Day 1, I was pretty sure about Miss Marple being innocent mainly because her thoughts tended to be pretty parallel to mine; for instance we both said that Sooty (old Sooty) voting for WJ was kind of odd/opportunistic. And I didn't really think anything about her vote for Malc/Starlin at the end of the day just to get a lynch. I probably would have done that same thing if I had been here.

But I don't understand the shift in paranoia/attitude on Day 2. Marple said nothing about me on D1, but since I pick a suspicious new person on D2--Garfield, who I will note, others have also independently suspected--she starts coming after me. She also flips on Simba for similar reasons, like the whole "is being coached" issue. At first I thought it was just a mama bear instinct when I remembered that Monday was in the Survivor game, which I haven't looked at in a few days, but...I dunno. Both of them have been coming after me. Garfield first noted her suspicion of me on D1 but didn't change her vote from Starlin, and then had a reason to attack me on D2 when I voted for her.

I now suspect that Miss Marple is evil. I think she may be Garfield's partner. Hey, Garfield, what do you think about Miss Marple and her inexplicably protective behavior toward you? Would you vote for her?

I think that she is the only person here who knows me at ALL (from survivor) and she believes that I am town. Who better to read me? Now, I think you are grasping at straws Krack. Your case on me is weak and you are desprate not to get lynched yourself. Not enough people are piling on the Garfield wagon so you are moving on. Quit trying to manipulate me to save your butt.

Archived