Osha taking over the Reeds

Dennai

If they cut the Reeds, they'll ruin Bran's story arc even more. We didn't have no talking crow/raven dreams and if they don't give us the Reeds, well..... I'll leave it at that.

Meera should be slighlty older, but attractive to Bran, because Bran is attracted to her, for all his 10-11 years worth lol.

Joren should be young and sound wise.

Osha can't replace them, who will look after Rickon then?

Well, GRRM can have a major role for Rickon in his mind in the two remaining books, but somehow I doubt it.

If there is not a time gap somewhere in the storyline - and GRRM has said he won't do that - Rickon is too young to be a p.o.v. character right after ADWD anyway.

It is interesting what they will do with the Reeds and with Osha and Rickon in the show.

If they would let Osha and Hodor bring Bran to Bloodraven, that would work, storytelling wise, I think.

I don't like it, but it could work.

It would have consequences for the Manderley-Davos-Wex-Skaagos thing in ADWD.

In that Iceland behind the scenes interview, didn't the producers say that the fans are in for a shock in the second season of the show?

Not everyone will make it through the second season, they said, if I recall correctly.

It can't be the Red Wedding yet so if they hint at another 'significant' death, which can it be?

My first thought was: no, they can't dispose of Sam, can they?

My second thought was: are they cutting the whole Rickon storyline after the fall of Winterfell by killing Rickon and Shaggydog? Brr ... I don't hope so.

It is interesting what they will do with the Reeds and with Osha and Rickon in the show.

If they would let Osha and Hodor bring Bran to Bloodraven, that would work, storytelling wise, I think.

I don't like it, but it could work.

It would make two exclusive Osha and Bran talking buddies for the better part of three seasons. We need someone else there IMO.

And againJojen is going to die soon. Major death for Bran that simply won't happen on the show (in a storyline that doen't have a lot of other stuff going to begin with)?

I like Tonks as much as anyone, but if she starts talking about the tournament at Harrenhal in the Year of the False Spring or green dreams, I will lose alot of faith in this tv show.

And Meera is Bran's crush/love interest. Come on, you don't cut other heroes love interests, be it the Imp and his whore, Arya/Gendry, Sansa and her inappropriate suitors, heck, season 1 invented a scene for freaking Remly/Loras (two c-list characters at best). Bran is one of my favorites, his journey is so bittersweet, it needs to be treated with respect.

Osha exists to serve the Stark boys storyline. She doesn't exist as a vechile to line-steal information she couldn't possibly know.

was thinking the same thing

Losing the lovable Meera would strike a fatal blow to my appreciation of the TV-series (though far from killing, I must admit). Skill-wise, Osha could very well replace her, but never emotionally.

One has to have in mind the many dilemmas of a screen adaption. Still, like others have previously stated, investing more time in c-list characters instead of the Reeds shows for a peculiar prioritizing.

Meh, I don't see the Reeds as that big of a loss. Sure it would have been nice to keep them, but I think Osha is a decent enough replacement, and it's still possible that Bran and company run into the Reeds later--it would probably be pretty lame, but better than nothing. Plus, casting would have been difficult for the Reeds, and Jojen most likely would come across as really corny on television. And for everyone saying that they kept Amory Lorch, Sallador Saan, Podrick Payne, or whoever over the Reeds, I don't think it was ever a choice of one or the other. The Reeds were probably never intended to be in the series, and while those other minor character are by no means vital, they enhance those storylines without bringing about the complications that the Reeds present.

More worrisome is the probable loss of Ramsay. Not sure how they'll work that out.

Meh, I don't see the Reeds as that big of a loss. Sure it would have been nice to keep them, but I think Osha is a decent enough replacement, and it's still possible that Bran and company run into the Reeds later--it would probably be pretty lame, but better than nothing. Plus, casting would have been difficult for the Reeds, and Jojen most likely would come across as really corny on television. And for everyone saying that they kept Amory Lorch, Sallador Saan, Podrick Payne, or whoever over the Reeds, I don't think it was ever a choice of one or the other. The Reeds were probably never intended to be in the series, and while those other minor character are by no means vital, they enhance those storylines without bringing about the complications that the Reeds present.

More worrisome is the probable loss of Ramsay. Not sure how they'll work that out.

Dude!

Rickon goes with Osha to wherever.

Bran goes with Meera and Jojen and Hodor to wherever. They play vital roles in the books, so they should definitely be cast. ASOIAF is a really big series, but not having the Reeds is like not having a main pov.......It would totally suck.

And if the show writers have the nerve to somehow twist twow I will be very saddened....

Dude!

Rickon goes with Osha to wherever.

Bran goes with Meera and Jojen and Hodor to wherever. They play vital roles in the books, so they should definitely be cast. ASOIAF is a really big series, but not having the Reeds is like not having a main pov.......It would totally suck.

And if the show writers have the nerve to somehow twist twow I will be very saddened....

They can work around the Bran Rickon split in a lot of different ways. Reeds are hardly vital to the show, I'd say Jojen and Meera aren't even top 50 in terms of important characters. And be prepared to be very saddened, as the Reeds are almost guaranteed to be cut, at least for the second season.

I don't even think this is a budget issue. You have an actress who did really well with her role who is going to disappear for 4 years unless you make a change. If you go with both Reeds, you are going to have scenes relying on three unproven child actors when you could just use Osha, Jojen, and Bran instead.

I don't even think this is a budget issue. You have an actress who did really well with her role who is going to disappear for 4 years unless you make a change. If you go with both Reeds, you are going to have scenes relying on three unproven child actors when you could just use Osha, Jojen, and Bran instead.

Good point(s).

You say childactors. Meera is sixteen in book 2. She's older then Robb, let alone Jeyne. And Jeyne was cast a season ahead of her first mention in the books. While she has waay less screentime then the Reeds, or Reek, or Blackfish, or Edmure.

You say childactors. Meera is sixteen in book 2. She's older then Robb, let alone Jeyne. And Jeyne was cast a season ahead of her first mention in the books. While she has waay less screentime then the Reeds, or Reek, or Blackfish, or Edmure.

Yep, that's why I think Jeyne Poole may have extended screentime in the series, so the viewers will remember her in ADWD.

Maybe they will use Jeyne to tell the Littlefinger storyline, like in that added scene in the brothel in AGOT Season 1.

I'm afraid we will see more and more storylines and scenes that are not in the novels, and that some characters will have a 'borrowed' storyline.

Like they turned the deer skinning by Randyll Tarly when he told Sam that he wanted to get rid of him into a scene for Tywin and Jaime.

I don't like the loss of the Reeds. But if it is done without disrespecting what the essence of ASOIAF is about ... there is always a price to be paid for a screen adaptation of novels one likes.

If they don't cast the Reeds, will there be implications for the casting of their dad too? That depends if and/or how they are going to show the Tower Of Joy-scene, I guess.

I don't like the loss of the Reeds. But if it is done without disrespecting what the essence of ASOIAF is about ... there is always a price to be paid for a screen adaptation of novels one likes.

I suspect that the decision to maximise Osha's role had less to do with respecting the essence of ASOIAF and everything to do with GRRM's announcement that he had the hots for Natalia Tena.

Yep, that's why I think Jeyne Poole may have extended screentime in the series, so the viewers will remember her in ADWD.

Maybe they will use Jeyne to tell the Littlefinger storyline, like in that added scene in the brothel in AGOT Season 1.

I'm afraid we will see more and more storylines and scenes that are not in the novels, and that some characters will have a 'borrowed' storyline.

Like they turned the deer skinning by Randyll Tarly when he told Sam that he wanted to get rid of him into a scene for Tywin and Jaime.

If they don't cast the Reeds, will there be implications for the casting of their dad too? That depends if and/or how they are going to show the Tower Of Joy-scene, I guess.

I'm pretty sure "Jeyne" is Jeyne Westerling, not Jeyne Poole.

Archived