Osha taking over the Reeds

Dennai

But didn't Osha take Rickon to Whiteharbour, whilst the Reeds took Bran and Hodor North of the wall?

Surely this WILL become important in the remaining 3 books, and surely they can't expect to have Osha in 2 places at once heading in different directions.

I can easily see the 2 of them become one character (though age isn't an issue, just like it wasn't casting the current kids), but not scrapping both, and having to potentially re-write major plot points if the series gets beyond 3 seasons.

Not sure the world needs quite so many Tullys though - or Freys for that matter

Yeah, I like TV Osha and if she has a part in the future books then George I am sure is at least giving the producers some info as to how they should handle casting. I would hope they don't cut her role down if he had plans to include her and Rickon later on. But both Reeds I don't necessarily need. Give one of them the skills of both of them and I am OK with that. I like the idea of both of them but I admit that Meera other than trying to be bossy and not really being listened to by her brother doesn't do much more than catch fish so let her brother should and could have the ability as well. I don't need both Tullys or for sure Freys.

• 2 weeks later...

I for one, wasn't as captivated by Osha in season one as many seemed to be (GRRM included apparently).

I, for one, would hate to see them cut either of the Reeds.

Jojen Reed is very important for Bran, and Meera very important for them both along their journey north. She's basically their only protection in the wild (aside from Summer of course).

I for one, wasn't as captivated by Osha in season one as many seemed to be (GRRM included apparently).

I, for one, would hate to see them cut either of the Reeds.

Jojen Reed is very important for Bran, and Meera very important for them both along their journey north. She's basically their only protection in the wild (aside from Summer of course).

And Meera (hopefully) is Bran's love interest, so they can't just cut her.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Tonks as much as anyone, but if she starts talking about the tournament at Harrenhal in the Year of the False Spring or green dreams, I will lose alot of faith in this tv show.

And Meera is Bran's crush/love interest. Come on, you don't cut other heroes love interests, be it the Imp and his whore, Arya/Gendry, Sansa and her inappropriate suitors, heck, season 1 invented a scene for freaking Remly/Loras (two c-list characters at best). Bran is one of my favorites, his journey is so bittersweet, it needs to be treated with respect.

Osha exists to serve the Stark boys storyline. She doesn't exist as a vechile to line-steal information she couldn't possibly know.

Much though I liked NT's version of Osha, cutting (either of) the Reeds would suck the big one, especially as they'd essentially be making way for the likes of Ros.

As this speculation about them being cut seems to be based on absence of evidence rather than evidence of absence, hopefully HBO are just deliberately winding us up by not making any announcements about it. If they weren't in season 2, surely somebody would just say so?

Theres still a fair bit of time for casting, im hopint the reeds are taking the longest because their children. George and D&D have stated that the longest casting process for season 1 was the chldren, because casting children is hard. Also because of how important children are to the heart of the story in this case.

If they do decide to cut the reeds,

I feel it would be acceptable to cut Jojen but keep meera. I think if they keep Meera they can just give Meera his prphetic abilities. Also i think its important to keep her, cus she a potential romance for Bran. If your one the people who felt that a romantic relationship was growing between them in the novels. I think to remove them fully would be too much.

I just can't see them expecting us to believe Osha would turn around and go north of the wall with a child. She was trying to get as far away from there as possible. She's knows about the white walkers even told Bran that Robb and his army should be going north. She would never go back, especially with a crippled child. If that's the case it will be very unbelievable, she will just look like an idiot.

I don't think that would make much sense. Osha wouldn't go beyond the wall and she doesn't have greendreams.

If anything they might turn Meera and Jojen into one person.

But does anybody else think they might change some of the timeline and have the fall of winterfell take place in the third season.

It would explain why we haven't heard about the Reeds and Reek.

And than you would have more Osha and Theon isn't heard of in the whole third book, considering that they will split up the third season you can't just have Theon disapear for two years.

They also already spiced up some of the Robb Jeyne storyline from what i've heard. If they do postpone the fall of Winterfell than the my-brothers-just-got-killed-comfort-me-story doesn't work, which might explain why they change some of the story.

This is all pure speculation ofcourse.

But I still think we will hear about the Reeds this season, we'll just have to wait patiently.

If they do postpone the fall of Winterfell than the my-brothers-just-got-killed-comfort-me-story doesn't work, which might explain why they change some of the story.

Bran and Rickon are "killed" before Winterfell falls to the Boltons, so in theory they could split the second event into S3 but we'll get the Stark deaths in S2. I think not though, as the fall of Winterfell is such a great ending for S2.

I'm not sure what they will do with the Reeds. They could have one or both appear after Winterfell is sacked. If neither appears, then we have all sorts of problems with Bran and Rickon later on

It will be interesting to see what they will do with Theon also. They could show him as a prisoner in S3 but given all the various threads to cover, it would be easier to just drop him for a season.

I hope they don't cut the Reeds I really like them. If Ohsa goes with Bran how is the Davos going to Skagos to get Ricken going to play out? How are they going to do the greendreams? I thought it was weird they didn't show more of Bran's dreams in the first season. If they don't show his wolfdreams his story isn't going to make much sense. I'm excited for season 2 but I hope they don't get too far away from the books like HBO is doing with True Blood

• 4 weeks later...

It wouldn't make any sense to cut both Reeds. Not even because of the KotLT, but simply when Rickon and Davos' storylines are considered. As others have said, sure you could have a new character go with Rickon, but what would be the point in that? I think that would only lead to convoluted explanations in the show. Plus, I also would like to see Bran wind up with Meera... in which case, Jojen could be expendable if the show gives Meera the greendreams, yet I think Jojen's presence as the "little grandfather" definitely acts as a foil to Bran's innocence and thereby fleshes out his storyline.

I don't think people realize just how important Bran is in the grand scheme of things, and to simplify his storyline would degrade the series as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot comprehend how Jojen and Meera could possibly be cut from the series. I also don't see how anyone who has read all the books should think they should/could be. I can, on the other hand, see them being pushed to Season 3. It has already been announced that Jamie & Brienne's journey has been shifted to Season 2 (from ASoS I) and it is also likely that Robb/Jeyne's off-page relationship will be on-screen.

Since ACoC is such a big book, some story arcs will have to be cut/shifted to accommodate for the added material. Meera/Jojen's could be one.

ACoC

I think it's possible that Bran will continue to discover his powers alone (i.e. without Jojen) through the series. The season will end with the fall of Winterfell. I think J+M may pick up Bran, Hodor, Rickon and Osha after they have left at the start of Season 3, and after travelling for a time, persuade Bran to go North with them.

That said, I really hope they make it in. I just don't see it working if they're cut completely - Osha can't cover for them.

It has already been announced that Jamie & Brienne's journey has been shifted to Season 2 (from ASoS I)

It has? There was speculation that we'll see the start of it but i'd be surprised if we see much more.

There is an issue with how Osha can replace the Reeds but the worst of those problems only emerge in aSoS, so I wouldn't worry till then.

• 4 weeks later...

http://winter-is-com...cial-set-photo/

Bran, Hodor and Rickon's scenes have been shot and no news of Reed castings yet.

It's possible that a lot of Bran and Theon's book 2 stuff was moved to season 3, because otherwise Theon would be missing for two seasons, Osha and Rickon for more and to begin with, Bran only has 6 chapters of travelling and 1 chapter of training to base 4~ seasons off of.

Alternatively Bran, Hodor, Rickon and Osha meet up with the Reeds after Winterfell and thereby pad out Bran's storyline.

But we also have to start considering they really aren't gonna be in this. And I really don't see how that would work. Even without Meera as a love interest, Jojen has this whole appointment with death coming up while Bran's busy being corrupted by trees.

Jojen might get saved by his sister, who dies saving him from his fate or he dies himself but either way, for the show this means: Either no death at all (and I'm sure that'll be something of a catelyst in the books) OR Bran will be left with nobody but Hodor to talk, and that will make the dialogue VERY interesting.

Why do they need to hire kid actors?

All of the kids have been aged up, so if Meera/Jojen were 12/13 before, they can be 16/17 now, and they can have actors of age 18 play them.

GH

Why do they need to hire kid actors?

All of the kids have been aged up, so if Meera/Jojen were 12/13 before, they can be 16/17 now, and they can have actors of age 18 play them.

GH

Isn't Meera like 16 in the book anyway?

I wouldn't give up on certain characters.

As they say, this is GoT Season 2, not A Storm of Swords-- GRRM already said that things are having to be changed (will have to dig the interview out...). Winterfell falling might not even happen this season. We don't know!

Well, we know that Theon will take Winterfell this season. The only question is whether Theon's last chapter will also be shown in S2.

We don't know enough about where GRRM is going with the Reeds, now that they are north of the Wall, to be sure of their longer term importance. But they (or a Reed substitute) can be introduced in some way in a later season if necessary.

Archived