BwB NorCal - The Return of Raidne

So yeah, party in the Mission (or possibly Lower Haight) on one of these nights - any preferences?

Will update as details are fleshed out, just wanted to get this on everybody's radar.

:cheers:

Friday July 15 in the Mission!

UPDATED: Friday, July 15 6pm, Zeitgeist.

a birdie told me our choices were 7/15 or 7/16. We've family plans on 7/16, so 7/15 works for us. I'd prefer the mission, but if I'm in SF, I'm always happy. Hopefully, the RedWoman will be happy too. <G>

I was lying. Who am I to pretend I have a life? Whatever you guys want is fine by me. I'll do my best to adjust. 7/15 sounds great. I may have to sneak in for a portion, but that would be the same either day.

Ok, Friday July 15 it is!

Bronn, could you please reach out to Lodey? I'll send him a message on FB, it would be cool of you bugged him too.

I will firm up details within the next week (suggestions welcome!) then will be abandoning this thread July 10-14.

PM me if you want my phone number.

Ok, Friday July 15 it is!

Bronn, could you please reach out to Lodey? I'll send him a message on FB, it would be cool of you bugged him too.

I will firm up details within the next week (suggestions welcome!) then will be abandoning this thread July 10-14.

PM me if you want my phone number.

btw, We love Andalu!

Woot! Starting at Andalu and ending at Elixir, with anything in between, sounds like a perfect tentative plan :) Although if we stumble across a place with erotic photo-hunt, someone may have to take my wallet away from me.

Very excited for this!

btw, We love Andalu!

They have this awesome cocktail that has tequila, green chile something, cilantro, and other stuff. It sounds gross, but I love it! Maybe you can tell me how they get the crumbs on three sides of the mac and cheese wedges...? That is without a doubt the greatest mystery in my life right now.

Zeitgeist is also on the table as a potential starting location. The outdoor seating area is perfect for groups, and Raidne kind of has to experience this place firsthand. The only problem is that the backyard was closed for renovation last time I was there, and without the backyard, there's no point in going there.

ETA: The other only problem is all the hipsters, which I don't mind, but others might. Kind of impossible to avoid hipsters in the Mission, anyway.

Ok, Zeitgeist backyard is fully open. Also packed. Super packed. Makes sense, since it is hot and sunny. I'm actually at Andalu now, having my Lucha Libre, and its pretty empty. I will think on this.

Guest Raidne

Goddamn you Trisky, didn't we talk about this? Come ON I'm never going to a con, we'll probably never have a chance to meet up again!

Everyone else, you all broke my BwB cherry and I'm SO stoked to see you all again. It's going to be off the hook kids. Epic. So looking forward to it!

Some other places to possibly check out...

Monk's Kettle has great food and beer, but is tiny. Actually probably too tiny. And it will likely be packed on Friday as well, but it sounds like people may be joining at different points in the evening, so it might be possible at some point in the night?

Arinell's Pizza is a fast and cheap way to get some NY-style pizza. Might be handy for the late night portion of the evening...

Guest Raidne

Oooh....I'd be worried that AG is going to di-invite you for using the word "epic."

Yeah well I posted that mid-session from the Hofbrauhaus in Pittsburgh, which clearly constitutes mitigating circumstances. Liters of beer, people.

Holy shit. :stunned: The next gathering (after this one) will revolve around when we can reserve that. Obviously tied in with a re-visit to Toronado, and maybe a trip to Molotov's as well. This was the route I had in mind when I thought of Lower Haight.

nim, I love Monk's Kettle! I pop in there after work every now and then on my way home from BART. I'm not sure if it is right for a BwB meet because it is small and beer and wine only, but I am totally down to head in if the mood strikes us. And yeah, pizza kind of goes without saying. Last time I was at Arinell's, I was kind of hammered and my friend dropped her slice facedown on the sidewalk before she even got a bite and I nearly peed myself laughing. Good times.

Ok, executive decision: will will be meeting up on the patio at Zeitgeist, Friday July 15 at 6pm. From there, we will work our way to 16th street...we can either continue down Valencia to Casanova's, or head up 16th to any one of like 10 places between Valencia and Guerrero. I dunno, I figure we can just play it by ear...?

Zeitgeist is CASH ONLY, as are many of the bars in the neighborhood, so please take that into consideration. There's tons of ATM machines around but I don't want to hear bitching about fees, so either a) plan ahead or b ) don't bitch about fees. :)

I will reach out to Eddard, BL, and Mudguard, but everyone else who doesn't have my number, please PM me. I will not be checking this thread from July 10-14, so if you guys want to make any changes that's fine, just don't look to me to coordinate. :)

Looking forward to it! :cheers:

Archived