Brienne cast

Hyper

Not too thrilled. Never was a fan of this idea, and now it's come to pass. May even be a deal breaker for me so far as watching the series - she's way too thin and way too pretty, and I detest Hollywood "uglifying". I'm not sure her rumored acting chops will make up for it, we'll see. Brienne is one of my favorite characters and it seems to me they've dropped the ball entirely. I hope they make up for it with Asha and Stannis or I'll just stick with the books.

Is it just me, or is Brienne's arc one of the most pointless in modern fiction?

Personally I can't wait to see her arc just for the pure effect she has on Jaimie during SoS. Its what turned him into one of my favourite characters the effect she had on his honour.

No because it resonates with a lot of people (even if it doesn't for you).

I think it's a safe bet that Brienne's going to be saved somehow from being hung, and who knows where her story is going to lead after that? The series isn't finished.

Not too thrilled. Never was a fan of this idea, and now it's come to pass. May even be a deal breaker for me so far as watching the series - she's way too thin and way too pretty, and I detest Hollywood "uglifying". I'm not sure her rumored acting chops will make up for it, we'll see. Brienne is one of my favorite characters and it seems to me they've dropped the ball entirely. I hope they make up for it with Asha and Stannis or I'll just stick with the books.

Because its not like the make up department can make her look uglier for the role as needed.....oh wait

Who would you have cast?

There aren't that many actresses in the world that are > 6' tall that can actually act.

And Charlize Theron was Hollywood "Uglified" for Monster, and they did a good job making her unrecognizable compared to her other parts.

I have confidence that this will be one of the better casting jobs. The bigger question is, Did they have her do some readings with NCW to see what kind of rapport that they have?

GH

I was a little shocked when I first saw her to be honest, but HBO have more than earned my trust with season one. I'm sure that they know what they're doing.

She fits the mold for a general theme of the series, the good person, trying to be noble and having it constantly bite them in the ass. I think she plays a larger role ultimately and so saying her arc is pointless is a little premature.

Archived